2 2.15%
  • Abstain

2 2.15%
  • Other

3 3.23%
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We'll see which one holds out on rejoining the EU the longest, lol.
    Lancashire would rejoin over night, Yorkshire would never go back.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm done for the night. Listening to these BBC presenters fawning over Boris is making sick.

Who would have thought the UK would be a self correcting problem. Shame they're going to drag as much of the world down with them as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Is it too late to move to Europe?
    It's never too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Lancashire would rejoin over night, Yorkshire would never go back.
    But if Lancashire said no would Yorkshire say yes because you know those two pick the opposites just to spite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yes! It was! But it happened! We've had nearly four years of this and nothing has changed.

If the exit polls are correct the Cons got 58% of the vote.

I'm sorry... how do you know how I feel? Do I need to rage at people or threaten to smash things up to be considered to have a strong opinion???

Yes, he has.
    I thought the 58% of the vote was in one labour heartland constituency when they showed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    i don't like the wording of that haha.
    Hey, as people here have told me, I have no right to an opinion about domestic UK matters, because apparently that is way too complicated for our tiny continental brains. Do with it what you want, I'm gonna grab me some popcorn and enjoy the daily car blowup in London, our next new exciting reality TV show... I have zero pity for the British at this point. This election shows, they actually want it. Why even bother with a second referendum. Just GTFO the EU and start beating each other up so we can be entertained for the money it's going to cost us.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I swear this forum is opposite land. This whole youthquake twitter thing was all bullshit obviously.

So is this one of the largest, if not largest majorities for any party since WW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And Boris Johnson... it's incredible how that man wins. But then again, he has a foil he might as well have grown in a lab in the form of Red Jeremy.
    Boris has a a charisma that wins him a good number of voters and is intelligent as well. He's basically Trump if Trump knew how the fuck to govern.
    "The more the Republicans and Democrats play partisan politics with things as basic as confirming political appointees, passing budget deals and raising the debt ceiling the more dangerous the world becomes."

The people have spoken once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I thought the 58% of the vote was in one labour heartland constituency when they showed it.
    You could right - I just saw a graph on the telly that said that the Cons got 58% of the vote.

I like how those nutcases in the Labour party are defending Corbyn... it's hilarious how they're spinning this into a "This isn't Corbyn's fault" story.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.

Still feels surreal. I never thought Labour would lose that badly. It's going to be the Thatcher years all over again. I already lived through them once, didn't really fancy it for a second time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The people have spoken once again.
    Indeed. Good to see the rise of conservatism.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Still feels surreal. I never thought Labour would lose that badly. It's going to be the Thatcher years all over again. I already lived through them once, didn't really fancy it for a second time.
    And Brexit itself doesn't feel surreal at all? You are leaving the European Union. Has it normalized that much? Yep, you're ready to be out. Mentally prepared, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I swear this forum is opposite land. This whole youthquake twitter thing was all bullshit obviously.
    It’s too limited to a few metropolitan seats. It could still cost the Tories some big scalps, including Boris himself, but it honestly was never broad enough to have a national impact, especially in the working class areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Indeed. Good to see the rise of conservatism.
    People are dying in the UK as a result of Conservative austerity.

Do you want to revise that statement?

Delenda Est.

Tories are way further to the right now than Thatcher was. It's going to be so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But if Lancashire said no would Yorkshire say yes because you know those two pick the opposites just to spite.
    yes.

unless some one from Yorkshire has said yes, then ill say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I like how those nutcases in the Labour party are defending Corbyn... it's hilarious how they're spinning this into a "This isn't Corbyn's fault" story.
    Oh, it won't be his fault. It'll be the 'MSM', it'll be the Blairites for not being loyal enough, it'll be Laura Kuenssberg, it'll be Luciana Berger, basically everyone but Corbyn.

Who knew that running radical extremists leftists would get the result everyone was saying it would?
    Your problem is that you’re more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right.

Oh, it won't be his fault. It'll be the 'MSM', it'll be the Blairites for not being loyal enough, it'll be Laura Kuenssberg, it'll be Luciana Berger, basically everyone but Corbyn.
    I'm gonna vote for "all of the above".

Corbyn's a terrible leader, Labour's stance on Brexit has been botched from day 1, and the British media is cocking shite. All of these things can be true simultaneously.

Delenda Est.