View Poll Results: Clicky clicky

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative

    35 37.63%
  • Labour

    35 37.63%
  • SNP

    5 5.38%
  • Liberal Democrat

    7 7.53%
  • DUP

    0 0%
  • Sinn Fein

    1 1.08%
  • Plaid Cymru

    1 1.08%
  • Green

    1 1.08%
  • Independent

    1 1.08%
  • Spoil vote

    2 2.15%
  • Abstain

    2 2.15%
  • Other

    3 3.23%
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ...
8
48
56
57
58
59
60
... LastLast
  1. #1141
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    The NHS is free at the point of delivery.
    That's what he / she meant.

    Labour started privatising the NHS by the way
    "Labour"

    Did this Labour? Did Corbyn do that?
    That's what happens when you focus on clubs rather than policies. People treat it like a football match, they are so desperate for "their" team to win.

  2. #1142
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The only people who aren't all in on LGBTQIA+& whatever in Britain by now are the Non-Christians whom are for a variety of political reasons untouchable.

    Wokeness is different in the UK. Parallels exist and in some ways Wokeness is more institutionally entrenched because speech codes and hate speech are a real concept in the UK but not the US.
    We do also have a different mind set and culture. One geared more towards respecting people's privacy but also not Imposing on others or making a big scene, which I think changes the narrative. We're also I think in the whole alot less emotional and religious and generally accepting of anything that can be backed up by firm science.

    Obv's we do have a problematic element currently protesting out side schools in Birmingham, but there only serving to anger people and show why those classes are needed.

    In the UK I also feel we don't belive all rights are equal. And the right to freedom of religion is the bottom of the tree and first to be void if it is used to infringe on others.

  3. #1143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Labour"

    Did this Labour? Did Corbyn do that?
    That's what happens when you focus on clubs rather than policies. People treat it like a football match, they are so desperate for "their" team to win.
    Apologies.
    Easy to get caught up in it on social media. I agree by the way.

  4. #1144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post
    Yeah he was a fucking brilliant Labour leader. Killed 100,000 innocent people, brought in workfare, increased inequality and helped privatize the NHS and expand public/private partnerships. Drove the economy off a fucking cliff. I doubt even Boris Johnson will top that.

    Btw He now polls consistently worse than Corbyn did. He's a big reason why Labour can't win.
    Yawn. He's the only Labour leader to win an election in 40 years. Try again.

  5. #1145
    Banned Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    28,201
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yawn. He's the only Labour leader to win an election in 40 years. Try again.
    So the rich only allow you to win when you kill 100.000 people, bring in workfare, increase inequality and destroy the economy?
    Thank you for supporting the revolution!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Apologies.
    Easy to get caught up in it on social media. I agree by the way.
    Yeah, the 'team'-thinking is just terrible. Pure identity politics.

    In our country it has gone so far that people call the right-wing parties left-wing because they convinced themselves so hard that "right is good, left is bad".

  6. #1146
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post
    So for example you'd agree the Jews have no right to complain about anti-semitism given their bigoted stance on homosexualty which is, well, biblical? Oh wait, no, because that wouldn't suit your reflexive Labour-bashing.
    Man that's both reaching, stupid and bigoted. But then that's your MO, nice to see you back socboi how's the last couple days treated you?

  7. #1147
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post
    Wow, the retard is strong with this one. I don't care. I didn't want him as PM and I voted against him.
    I get the feeling you probably weren't old enough to vote between 1997 and 2005.

  8. #1148
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So you think Labour can win elections without changing?
    Why do you think they would not be able to?

    It might not be their policies or messaging that is wrong.

    Are we supposed to ignore the influence of mass media and misinformation nowadays? There is almost a perfect correlation between the amount of positive / negative coverage certain parties have received in the media and the amount of votes they've gained / lost. Ok, you can then argue that these parties only received that coverage because they deserved it, but further studies show that about +80% of reporting had been based on misinformation and absolutely not on any factual realities. Just complete utter bullshit made up by conservative think-tanks (and possibly funded by Russian money who have a personal interest in seeing the EU fracture... (see Farage being under investigation by the FBI for that...))

    ^ Only after that is fixed can anything else be fixed.

    If I was Labour, I'd take a page from Banon and Trump's book, keep repeating one (in this case true) message over and over again: "The mainstream media are a bunch of corrupt fake news liars. Conservative propaganda aimed at deceiving the common people." And then find some oligarchs who are willing to fund Labour creating their own media network. BoJo is aware that this is today's politics winning strategy, it is why he is trying his hardest to cry foul first himself instead... (the same way Trump started doing it when the idea was gaining traction among the public that Fox News and Breitbart were actually the greatest source of information. No, distract and shout loudly about how it's CNN and MSNNBC and Washington Post instead... They won't believe you're the bully when you keep shouting you're the one getting bullied).

    Until then nothing will change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I get the feeling you probably weren't old enough to vote between 1997 and 2005.
    And to further prove my point, the only Labour leader to receive overall positive media coverage leading up to the elections (because for reasons at the time the elite of the UK decided they were no longer friends with the Tories).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    You do realise you have to pay for a TV license even if you don't watch BBC?

    If you own a TV and watch any live TV of any kind, you're liable to pay for a TV license. It's universally hated within the UK.
    Boris is spot on here. An automatic extra £150 for millions in the UK? Sign me right up.
    Sure, but that isn't the reason why.

    BJ is upset that they showed him a picture of a kid laying in the hallway in the hospital.

    Right after that episode we also saw the polls indicating that the Tories had suddenly lost somewhere between 10-15% of their lead...

    I'm not saying you're wrong about the other stuff, but if the BBC loses it's license then the UK media will become heavily politically biased (even more than it already is) with no media opposition to the ruling party. That is a big issue in any democracy.
    Last edited by Rochana; 2019-12-14 at 12:11 PM.

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post
    Yes because a man too stupid to communicate in more than one monosyllabic sentence at a time that seems to have no political philosophy whatsoever other than expedience, is somehow an accurate judge of the maturity of others.
    I'm not interested in the opinion of trolls, you get the response you deserve. Reported and ignored.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-12-14 at 12:10 PM.

  10. #1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    And to further prove my point, the only Labour leader to receive overall positive media coverage leading up to the elections (because for reasons at the time the elite of the UK decided they were no longer friends with the Tories).
    I don't think Blair won because of the press - they backed him because they knew he was a winner. I'm not denying that positive media coverage is beneficial - Blair did hire Campbell after all. But the idea that Labour can never win because of the media just isn't correct. Corbyn was a loser in the real sense of the word and the press knew it. We'll see what happens when and if Labour finally elect a leader who can win them an election.

  11. #1151
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post


    followed by

    Boris Johnson 'looking at' abolishing TV licence fee for BBC

    I guess someone wants complete and utter control over the information and narrative in the country...
    The BBC was pro-tory and anti-labour anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Of course they can win... with a decent leader who has a clue. They haven't had one since 2007.
    We get it, you care more about power than policy that would help the working class.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  12. #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    It's universally hated within the UK.
    Maybe in some circles but to many the BBC is the only channel worth watching in the UK, and paying a pittance to ensure we're not bombarded with shitty adverts for the latest trash every ten minutes we're trying to watch something isn't even a sacrifice that is noticable.

    Moreover; I'm yet to encounter a single person who didn't want to pay it (and I've known plenty, I'm not trying to suggest it is "universally" popular because that would be dumb) and was forced to having failed to find a workaround. Again, maybe in some circles there isn't the wherewithal to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

  13. #1153
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post



    It is like he's cheering for a football team or something.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  14. #1154
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I get the feeling you probably weren't old enough to vote between 1997 and 2005.
    I get the feeling he's not old enough to vote last Thursday

  15. #1155
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    We get it, you care more about power than policy that would help the working class.
    Don't be tribal with your politics it's toxic. But at the same time, change your poltics so your team starts to win because selling out your integrity is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Damnit hubcap, you are such a retard.
    Seriously guys, this forum would be a better place if everyone just stopped acknowledging Zenkai. It's just demeaning to everyone.

  16. #1156
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    We get it, you care more about power than policy that would help the working class.
    Corbyn had some good policies but Britain hasn't voted in a government of Corbyn's colour since Attlee, and even then the circumstances were obviously extraordinary. The manifesto went OTT and the public were not convinced of its economic viability. Free broadband for everyone? People scratched their heads at that. The manifesto strategy was bad - they should have had the sense to get their foot in the door first before going all in.

    As research has shown, Corbyn was Labour's biggest stumbling block on the path to power. He was ineffectual and had too much baggage. With a toned down manifesto and a decent leader they will win. And by toned down, I mean soft left. That won't scare voters off.

  17. #1157
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Corbyn had some good policies but Britain hasn't voted in a government of Corbyn's colour since Attlee, and even then the circumstances were obviously extraordinary. The manifesto went OTT and the public were not convinced of its economic viability. Free broadband for everyone? People scratched their heads at that. The manifesto strategy was bad - they should have had the sense to get their foot in the door first before going all in.

    As research has shown, Corbyn was Labour's biggest stumbling block on the path to power. He was ineffectual and had too much baggage. With a toned down manifesto and a decent leader they will win.
    Labour would have won over 400 seats if only those below 50 voted, its clear where the real problem was, that and the focus on brexit.


    You wont get youe beloved war criminal back.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

  18. #1158
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Maybe in some circles but to many the BBC is the only channel worth watching in the UK, and paying a pittance to ensure we're not bombarded with shitty adverts for the latest trash every ten minutes we're trying to watch something isn't even a sacrifice that is noticable.

    Moreover; I'm yet to encounter a single person who didn't want to pay it (and I've known plenty, I'm not trying to suggest it is "universally" popular because that would be dumb) and was forced to having failed to find a workaround. Again, maybe in some circles there isn't the wherewithal to avoid it.
    You have to get a TV license if you want to watch live TV. Period. Even if you don't watch the BBC.
    Why should I pay £150 to the BBC when I want to watch Sky Sports?

  19. #1159
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    There you go, belittling the public. Assuming they're all idiots just eating up whatever the Mail or Express tell them.
    Well... those have been pretty pro-Brexit and behold...

  20. #1160
    The Unstoppable Force CommunismWillWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Russia that is very communist, da.
    Posts
    24,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Well... those have been pretty pro-Brexit and behold...
    Thankfully it seems to be limited to the boomers(and above). Just gotta wait till they die off.
    Conservatism and its off-shoots are the most rotten idealogies to ever exist in human history.
    Anarcho-communism =/ Stalinism.
    FULLY AUTOMATED GAY LUXURY SPACE COMMUNISM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •