Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I wouldn't get youre.... Like.... Hopes up..... Like.... If you.... Like.... Listen.... Like... To the not my priminister.... Like.... protestors.
    That made me lol, I need to find that interview.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That made me lol, I need to find that interview.
    It was from. Some sky Australian news channel that was a follow on link.

Will say one thing Australian right wingers are worse than American ones, this whole election in the UK I haven't heard much about "wokeness" from either side there's been shit thrown buts it's all been about stuff like islamaphobia and IRA connections but that sky Australia fucking stunk of alt-right talking points.

The girl had Emma Watson accent but talked like an american valley girl, Aparantly studying to be a doctor.

So like.... Your test result.... Like came back.... And like... You have canceeeer.... Bummer I know.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-12-18 at 01:13 PM.

Will say one thing Australian right wingers are worse than American ones, this whole election in the UK I haven't heard much about "wokeness" from either side there's been shit thrown buts it's all been about stuff like islamaphobia and IRA connections but that sky Australia fucking stunk of alt-right talking points.

The girl had Emma Watson accent but talked like an american valley girl, Aparantly studying to be a doctor.

So like.... Your test result.... Like came back.... And like... You have canceeeer.... Bummer I know.
    That's the problem when you're the home of Murdoch, it was the first place he could get his claws into before flying off to the UK and US. Others had to follow or become obscure. I know many Australians most of whom pretty loath what their media has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That's the problem when you're the home of Murdoch, it was the first place he could get his claws into before flying off to the UK and US. Others had to follow or become obscure. I know many Australians most of whom pretty loath what their media has become.
    I couldn't tell if I was watching a news program or a house wife gossip show with an alt-right twist, it's like this guy does realise he's talking about the UK not the USA right?, even our most extream political elements look tame in comparison. So his talking points just sound even more over the top than normal.

In interesting difference I noticed between the bbc coverage and sky Australia was the bbc coverage showed only once the tiny antifa group that turned up and got arrested but nearly every video and photo shown on sky Australia had that little group in it. I have freinds who went to that march and when I asked them they said it wasn't anything like that,they said there was a small group who turned up really late and caused shit but the police carted most of them off within an hr or so nothing like the problems America has with protest violance.

I couldn't tell if I was watching a news program or a house wife gossip show with an alt-right twist, it's like this guy does realise he's talking about the UK not the USA right?, even our most extream political elements look tame in comparison. So his talking points just sound even more over the top than normal.

In interesting difference I noticed between the bbc coverage and sky Australia was the bbc coverage showed only once the tiny antifa group that turned up and got arrested but nearly every video and photo shown on sky Australia had that little group in it. I have freinds who went to that march and when I asked them they said it wasn't anything like that,they said there was a small group who turned up really late and caused shit but the police carted most of them off within an hr or so nothing like the problems America has with protest violance.
    Yes but if they only showed it once and never again how can they spin "But but but Antifa and the burning bins!"

Yes but if they only showed it once and never again how can they spin "But but but Antifa and the burning bins!"
    Yea but then I guess antifa is a fucking brilliant boogeyman to use to grow right wing conservative support and sell a shit tone of advertisement space via the clicks sensationalism brings.

I'd bet my ass us and aus pundits will be plastering that all over to drum up some narrative the UK has problems with antifa. When it was litteraly one girl with a flag and few people arrested for disorderly Conduct it's not even made front page news here.

Yea but then I guess antifa is a fucking brilliant boogeyman to use to grow right wing conservative support and sell a shit tone of advertisement space via the clicks sensationalism brings.

I'd bet my ass us and aus pundits will be plastering that all over to drum up some narrative the UK has problems with antifa. When it was litteraly one girl with a flag and few people arrested for disorderly Conduct it's not even made front page news here.
    Well when it's not Antifa it is the so-called no go areas, proved by images of "Sharia Patrol." guys who have been for the last few years not on the streets but spending time at her majesties pleasure in many of the prisons up and down the nation.

I do think in the UK we got lucky in that due to BBC radio we've been mostly spared by far right radio that hits in areas of the US and Aus that pushed the crazies going since Ronnie Reagan era.

Although Reese-Mogg on LBC tries to counter that. At least they also have James O'Brien

Well when it's not Antifa it is the so-called no go areas, proved by images of "Sharia Patrol." guys who have been for the last few years not on the streets but spending time at her majesties pleasure in many of the prisons up and down the nation.

I do think in the UK we got lucky in that due to BBC radio we've been mostly spared by far right radio that hits in areas of the US and Aus that pushed the crazies going since Ronnie Reagan era.

Although Reese-Mogg on LBC tries to counter that. At least they also have James O'Brien
    Lbc I give a fair pass too, they have at least a diverse number of presenters from across the political spectrum so I can't slag a radio station that actualy does make sure to keep a balance of opinions.

I think one of the main thing we should thank is that dispite the cuts our police force and mi5 have been successful in squashing extremists from across the spectrum, national front, BNP and Co were mopped up, edl keeps getting its ring leaders arrested, antifa was mopped up in 09 and the sharia guys were all placed on log term breaks from society some time ago.

It leaves littel ammunition for the sensationalists.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Australian TV is wild, I don't even own a TV so I'm disconnected from all televised news in the United States, but jesus the Australians are weird. Must be the effect of living on the upside down part of Earth. XD. Wokeness in the UK is confined entirely to like five university towns and the inhabitants of them, and maybe some LibDems who are hoping Tumblr types will love the Free Market if only it affirms the narcissism of personal pronouns.

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth noting that as the LibDem grew by double the BXP and 4x the con growth.

And hard remain party's grew there support by roughly 5% in this election (LibDem / Green combined)
    But the BXP and cons grew collectively only 3%

What that looks like to me is that rather than as thournberry is suggesting in the news today that it was leave voters who abondoned them, it was by the stats remain voters that left the Labour Party by a larger % than it was leave voters but there combined 7% was more than enough to collapse the Labour Party.
    I think Remain voters left because Labour's position was pleasing to nobody. A second referendum could still go Leave, where as the LibDems promised to cancel Brexit. Having a second referendum seemed like a shit plan to all sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Strathworth View Post
    It is more likely the Tories won because Boris Johnson resembles a womble, is good on chat shows and possesses a dog, than anything policy-related.
    So true lol.

This as a lib dem / Green supporter my self its entirly on the left wing party's failure to work together.
    At the end of the day, the system is at fault because it allows vote splitting to occur.

I also lay the blame for the Labour Party utterly failing to articulate an alternative position against the weakest string of Conservative leaders in UK history squarely at its feet. The days of neo-liberal wishy washy do-nothing-and-hope-the-conservatives-faceplant are over, the left wing is going to have to stand for something again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Australian TV is wild, I don't even own a TV so I'm disconnected from all televised news in the United States, but jesus the Australians are weird. Must be the effect of living on the upside down part of Earth. XD. Wokeness in the UK is confined entirely to like five university towns and the inhabitants of them, and maybe some LibDems who are hoping Tumblr types will love the Free Market if only it affirms the narcissism of personal pronouns.
    Do you ever wonder if maybe it's you who is living in a bubble? Pretty much all large cities in first world countries are liberal, no matter which country or state they are in. You know, the places where the majority of the population lives. It's like 90% in Australia for example.

"Wokeness" is not confined to a few universities in the UK either lol. The truth is, in modern Western society, it's you who are the alien.

P.S. Everyone outside the US talks about you behind your back. You know how you guys say "only in Florida"? Outside the US the phrase is "only in the US". You're the world's Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Sky News is very unrepresentative of Australia, hardly anyone watches Sky News here, it's just on Foxtel (which was never that successful and is now redundant in the age of Netflix etc) and is a direct Murdoch propaganda vehicle. It's way more American and right wing than anything domestic. It's weird, it's ostensibly Australian but they talk like right wing shitlords in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At the end of the day, the system is at fault because it allows vote splitting to occur.

I also lay the blame for the Labour Party utterly failing to articulate an alternative position against the weakest string of Conservative leaders in UK history squarely at its feet. The days of neo-liberal wishy washy do-nothing-and-hope-the-conservatives-faceplant are over, the left wing is going to have to stand for something again.
    I'm not sure why you think Corbyn is a neo-liberal. You should tell the Tory press that.

The reason the Tories win repeatedly is mainly due to the fact that the Tories control most of the media and have more money. It is nothing to with them articulating a position-this was the most incoherent tory manifesto in a century. If you write down everything the Tories said in the last few years it is mostly a self-contradictory lump of nonsense. Labour's vision may have been confused in places but it was generally more coherent than Labour manifestos of recent years which fell foul of the type of compromises you describe.
    Last edited by Fantasimo; 2020-01-08 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasimo View Post
    I'm not sure why you think Corbyn is a neo-liberal. You should tell the Tory press that.

The reason the Tories win repeatedly is mainly due to the fact that the Tories control most of the media and have more money. It is nothing to with them articulating a position-this was the most incoherent tory manifesto in a century. If you write down everything the Tories said in the last few years it is mostly a self-contradictory lump of nonsense. Labour's vision may have been confused in places but it was generally more coherent than Labour manifestos of recent years which fell foul of the type of compromises you describe.
    Isn't Labour's vision, if not written, shaped by the Iranians? Corbyn is their funded stooge after all and I wonder how much they paid him for todays PMQs.

Good job he never got elected.

Isn't Labour's vision, if not written, shaped by the Iranians?

Corbyn is their funded stooge after all and I wonder how much they paid him for todays PMQs.

Quote Originally Posted by babbler View Post
    Isn't Labour's vision, if not written, shaped by the Iranians?

Corbyn is their funded stooge after all and I wonder how much they paid him for todays PMQs.

You can volunteer to go to war with the Iranians dickhead. The rest of us are not that into sucking American dick that we go to war with every f***ing country that annoys them in some way.

Do you ever wonder if maybe it's you who is living in a bubble? Pretty much all large cities in first world countries are liberal, no matter which country or state they are in. You know, the places where the majority of the population lives. It's like 90% in Australia for example.

"Wokeness" is not confined to a few universities in the UK either lol. The truth is, in modern Western society, it's you who are the alien.
    Quite right.

I do get a good laugh watching Americans who clearly have clearly never visited the UK offering their opinions about life in the UK, solely based on things they've read online. The best one is "no-go areas", where the police dare not tread and Sharia law thrives.

Seriously, how gullible do you have to be to believe that sort of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasimo View Post

No dispute about the nature of the UK media, holy shit I watched some of it and couldn't believe my ears. Straight up whitewash.

I wasn't calling out Corbyn specifically, don't know enough about him. Rather the direction of the Labour Party over the last few decades in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No dispute about the nature of the UK media, holy shit I watched some of it and couldn't believe my ears. Straight up whitewash.

I wasn't calling out Corbyn specifically, don't know enough about him. Rather the direction of the Labour Party over the last few decades in general.
    Well yes you have a point there. Corbyn was considered a very large deviation from the rightward trend, hence the very extreme smear campaign in the media.