Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

AOC has chance of losing seat in congress after 2022

https://thecity.nyc/2019/08/aoc-make...use-seats.html

A review by THE CITY, building on data and analysis by The Texas Tribune, suggests Ocasio-Cortez’ district could be particularly vulnerable to undercount because a little over a quarter of those living there are non-citizens.

That’s a higher percentage than any other congressional district in the state.

A Census undercount in Ocasio-Cortez’ district and elsewhere in the state could lead to the elimination of congressional districts — potentially setting off politically charged redistricting battles.

New York already is on track to lose up to two congressional seats during reapportionment due to population decline and slower rate of growth, according to a December report by Election Data Services.

“Every member of Congress should be concerned about the Census,” said Jeffrey Wice, a fellow at SUNY Buffalo Law School and redistricting expert who’s a senior advisor to New York Counts 2020.
    Her district could be drawn out, but she could easily move and run in a different district or even maybe challenge Schumer for senate since she has big name recognition now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no what will we do without our most important member of Congress?

10+ Year Old Account
    She has a chance of losing her seat in 2020 too, because House terms are only 2-years long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

Her district could be drawn out, but she could easily move and run in a different district or even maybe challenge Schumer for senate since she has big name recognition now.
    The way the right keeps hyping her up she will be president by 2024 or 2028, I mean you guys are basically advertising her 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The way the right keeps hyping her up she will be president by 2024 or 2028, I mean you guys are basically advertising her 24/7.
    I do like the sound of that.

Honestly I think republicans want her in politics even more than democrats do. I genuinely believe a lot of conservative pundits get off to her like Shapiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Honestly I think republicans want her in politics even more than democrats do. I genuinely believe a lot of conservative pundits get off to her like Shapiro.
    She is a freshmen member of congress who sits on zero influential committee frankly she should send them a check they have guaranteed her political future.

The right cares a whole lot more about this than anyone else.

I will say I'm surprised New York could lose seats, wonder what state would get them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The right cares a whole lot more about this than anyone else.

I will say I'm surprised New York could lose seats, wonder what state would get them.
    California?
    - Lars

Challenging Gillibrand is way more plausible than challenging the most powerful Democrat in the Senate.

One thing is certain she'll probably be in elected office for the rest of her life. 90%+ chance she did her last honest day's work the day she handed in her bar apron. And that's not a bartender rip, I objectively think bartenders are of more productive value to society than Congressmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Right worships AOC man than the Left sends her praises.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    California?
    I've heard California may also lose at least one seat because high cost of living has really pushed migration out of the state.

You guys really deflect your insecurities. She is one of the faces of the democrat party whether you want to admit it or not. She got the left base of the democrat party organized enough to vote her in and got Pelosi to go against her own word and impeach Trump. But keep pretending she's just a Republican boogeyman. How far down a list of democrat politicians do you get to her when asking millennials or people who only watch internet videos? Keep pretending you think she means nothing. That way when her radical new green deal abd other ideas fail miserably, you can safely say you were right all along, she was a worthless tool.

Good golly good gosh, how shall we all carry on without AOC!

Heavens to betsy! Ms. Skroe is having a case of the vapors!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Good golly good gosh, how shall we all carry on without AOC!

Heavens to betsy! Ms. Skroe is having a case of the vapors!
    Skroe I may just be mostly a lurker but I have to say you're a good boy keep up the good work!

OT: AOC only matters because a lot of republicans are scared of her and what she represents going forward

You guys really deflect your insecurities. She is one of the faces of the democrat party whether you want to admit it or not. She got the left base of the democrat party organized enough to vote her in and got Pelosi to go against her own word and impeach Trump. But keep pretending she's just a Republican boogeyman. How far down a list of democrat politicians do you get to her when asking millennials or people who only watch internet videos? Keep pretending you think she means nothing. That way when her radical new green deal abd other ideas fail miserably, you can safely say you were right all along, she was a worthless tool.
    She ain't my champion by any stretch of the imagination, but what you're witnessing is how your little Trumphadi faction has completely given into cult of personality as a normal practice, and can't quite process how most Americans haven't lessened themselves by importing such a disgusting, un-American thing.

You know what a real American says to a failed politician? He's out... next one up.

It is you people and your weird Cold War-era Eastern European practice of following "the leader" to whatever end, that can't quite deal with the fact that most Americans think that mindset is pretty damn sick and really, really un-American.

I got news for you. A more serious threat to you people, Nancy Pelosi, is 80. She'll be gone in a few years. And if you think that's the end of your problems, you clearly haven't been paying attention. We'll be bereft of her experience in fighting your authoritarian movement for sure, but there are many, many other leaders who will be ready to take the reigns, as she did, and push the liberal democratic alliance in America forward.

This is how it works in democracies. Leaders are custodians of power, and influence by a figure is brought out only by the people empowering them to be their champion. Maybe in the post-Trump era, you'll come to understand that.

But in this time, in this place, it's not surprising at all this is foreign to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    Skroe I may just be mostly a lurker but I have to say you're a good boy keep up the good work!

OT: AOC only matters because a lot of republicans are scared of her and what she represents going forward
    Much appreciated!

Ok, and? It's right wingers who have been talking about her nonstop. What will you have to talk about when she's gone?

10+ Year Old Account
    A 1% chance is still a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    California?
    California will probably lose a seat despite population growth. Because even our representative branch of government isn't particularly representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Ok, and? It's right wingers who have been talking about her nonstop. What will you have to talk about when she's gone?
    Unemployment rates?