Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 1 of 63
... LastLast

[UK] General Election 2019

Unless anyone can convince me otherwise, this will be (more or less) the response I provide:

Please don't include inappropreiate imagry in your posts
    Last edited by Arlee; 2019-12-02 at 02:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Tories are the BXP now.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The Tories are the BXP now.
    Sadly, Mr D, IDD.

But all it'll mean is that eventually I'll fuck off (with my net value) to either LA or Jedburgh.

If the Scot's have me... it's more likely Jedburgh.

Eh? Why have you put me as Conservative? Not agreeing with MMO-C's Labour contingent does not make you a Conservative.

I will - almost certainly - be voting Lib Dem. Although the more I see of Swinson and the rest of them the more attractive the spoil your ballot option becomes.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-11-24 at 11:19 PM.

"We can't have a second referendum because voting until you get the results you want is bad."

"Also, let's have another general election because we want to keep voting until we get the results we want."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Eh? Why have you put me as Conservative? Not agreeing with MMO-C's Labour contingent does not make you a Conservative.

I will - almost certainly - be voting Lib Dem. Although the more I see of Swinson and the rest of them the more attractive the spoil your ballot option becomes.
    Pann - ty for responding. The above wasn't particularly serious. Although, you draw a relevant and accurate appraisal of Swinson.

From my pov, I will be spoiling my ballot, 'coz in my consituency there is *literally* no point in voting. Literally, none. Hence, a great big fucking penis & balls will be drawn.

Little Englanders rejoice!

Rest assured... you ignore me and I'll fuck you up.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Pann - ty for responding. The above wasn't particularly serious. Although, you draw a relevant and accurate appraisal of Swinson.

From my pov, I will be spoiling my ballot, 'coz in my consituency there is *literally* no point in voting. Literally, none. Hence, a great big fucking penis & balls will be drawn.

Little Englanders rejoice!

Rest assured... you ignore me and I'll fuck you up.
    No worries - I didn't take it seriously.

I live in a marginal constituency that could go to either Lab or Con but I cannot in good conscience vote for either and although I think they are a bit awful, the Lib Dems are, imo, not in the same league of awfulness of the other available parties.

No worries - I didn't take it seriously.

I live in a marginal constituency that could go to either Lab or Con but I cannot in good conscience vote for either and although I think they are a bit awful, the Lib Dems are, imo, not in the same league of awfulness of the other available parties.
    Dude. What's the debate here? Vote Labour.

Dude. What's the debate here? Vote Labour.
    I am not going to go into detail as to why I will not vote Labour - as I can't be bothered with the insults that are bound to follow - but I do not want to lend my vote to either Johnson and the Cons or Corbyn and the Lab party as a result the Lib Dems are the only serious contenders left, although I do hold out hope that there might be a decent independent candidate.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-11-24 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not going to go into detail as to why I will not vote Labour - as I can't be bothered with the insults that are bound to follow - but I do not want to lend my vote to either Johnson and the Cons or Corbyn and the Lab party.
    Much as I dislike Corbyn, Labour's a better option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am not going to go into detail as to why I will not vote Labour - as I can't be bothered with the insults that are bound to follow - but I do not want to lend my vote to either Johnson and the Cons or Corbyn and the Lab party.
    And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a conscience that is to be admired.

I disagree with Pann e.g., out of three options in a marginal Lab / Con constituency , I certainly wouldn't vote Lib Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Much as I dislike Corbyn, Labour's a better option.
    I am - for some reason - reminded of Jeremy Clarkson's review of the Renault Espace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'll be voting Tory.

I've read their manifesto and Boris' promises to repeal some of the laws that have been stifling free speech in this country give me hope. He's probably the first politician I've actually wanted to vote for. Ever.

I sure as fuck will never touch Labour with a ten foot pole. Corbyn and his cronies are disgusting.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-11-25 at 12:07 AM.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a conscience that is to be admired.

I disagree with Pann e.g., out of three options in a marginal Lab / Con constituency , I certainly wouldn't vote Lib Dems.
    You never know there may be many others that share my view in my constituency after all the LDs did have a decent showing at the EU elections but then again the BXP had a more decent (if you can call it that) showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'll be voting Tory.

I've read their manifesto and Boris' promises to repeal some of the laws that have been stifling free speech in this country give me hope. He's probably the first politician I've actually wanted to vote for. Ever.
    OK. So.

The Conservative manifesto https://vote.conservatives.com/our-plan doesn't, actually, change anything whatsoever. It is: the same old shit plus - 15% GDP because Cummings will have WTO'd us by the end of 2020.

How, exactly, is BJ proposing to "unstifle" free speech? In my opinion: BJ, Cummings, et al have done more to *stifle* free speech than any Conservative leadership for the last 30 years. Where's your "broad church"?

Literally, a vote for the Conservatives is a vote for fascism.

Fuck the Tories.

Thank you, and good night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Having to choose between 2 parties that cater purely to the rich or labour, UK voters have it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Having to choose between 2 parties that cater purely to the rich or labour, UK voters have it hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK. So.

The Conservative manifesto https://vote.conservatives.com/our-plan doesn't, actually, change anything whatsoever. It is: the same old shit plus - 15% GDP because Cummings will have WTO'd us by the end of 2020.

How, exactly, is BJ proposing to "unstifle" free speech? In my opinion: BJ, Cummings, et al have done more to *stifle* free speech than any Conservative leadership for the last 30 years. Where's your "broad church"?

Literally, a vote for the Conservatives is a vote for fascism.

Fuck the Tories.

Thank you, and good night.
    "We will champion freedom of
    expression and tolerance, both in the UK and overseas. To support free speech, we will repeal section 40 of the Crime
    and Courts Act 2014, which seeks to coerce the press."

It's not exactly the 2003 communications act, but it's still a good step.

If you're serious then you legitimately have no idea what fascism actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "We will champion freedom of
    expression and tolerance, both in the UK and overseas. To support free speech, we will repeal section 40 of the Crime
    and Courts Act 2014, which seeks to coerce the press."

It's not exactly the 2003 communications act, but it's still a good step.

If you're serious then you legitimately have no idea what fascism actually is.
    Free speech? Don't make me laugh. Where's the suppressed report into Russian meddling in our electoral system?

Farage has a history of well-documented fascist tendencies. No doubt apologists like you will dub them "Thatcherite".

10+ Year Old Account
    Free speech? Don't make me laugh. Where's the suppressed report into Russian meddling in our electoral system?

Farage has a history of well-documented fascist tendencies. No doubt apologists like you will dub them "Thatcherite".
    Okay man, you do you.