Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea things could get wierd, but thatchers policy's are not like Boris jhonson direction. Thatcher was well a thatcherite, jhonson policy's are one nation (which would be a good thing if he was actualy trustworthy) there are factions within each party and thatcherite's and one nation Conservatives don't usualy get on very well.
    Johnson is a One Nation Tory? You have got to be kidding me.

He has lurched his party so far to the right that anybody that was genuinely in that group has either jumped ship to the Lib Dems or given up politics entirely. I'm genuinely intrigued about what you see in his public statements that would suggest he is One Nation. Or what was in the manifesto that they are running on.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Johnson is a One Nation Tory? You have got to be kidding me.

He has lurched his party so far to the right that anybody that was genuinely in that group has either jumped ship to the Lib Dems or given up politics entirely. I'm genuinely intrigued about what you see in his public statements that would suggest he is One Nation. Or what was in the manifesto that they are running on.
    Well to copy paste his manifesto

Day-to-day spending boost for public services - £1.5bn in 2020-21, rising to £2.9bn in 2023-24
    Borrow £100bn over five years to fund longer-term infrastructure projects
    Of this, £22bn allocated over the next five years
    600million per year for a new skills fund
    50k nurses
    Pensions rise by 2.5% per year
    Tackle bullying in schools
    Investment in arts, sport and music
    End benefits freezes
    Primary careers fund
    9.2 billion for energy efficacy on homes schools and hospitals
    Ban on exporting waste to country's who can't handle it in a green way.
    2 billion for pot hole fixing (really feking over due)
    Net zero by 2050
    6k more doctors.

Think I got everything of the article, ofc there the brexit leave with bojos deal thing.

But just on that stuff, this manifesto is far more left leaning than what may or Cameron put together.

This taking the party lurching to the right thing comes from brexit and that he's a nortoruis lier, but on paper the tory manifesto is very one nation especially compared to the manifestos Cameron and May put out.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea things could get wierd, but thatchers policy's are not like Boris jhonson direction. Thatcher was well a thatcherite, jhonson policy's are one nation
    Ignoring the fact Johnson is a Thatcherite, there is a slight comedy to him claiming to be a one nation Tory when he's looking to be the person responsible for bringing about Scottish Independence and Irish reunification ^^

So let me get this straight.

Boris will fuck the economy a bit more, make the rich even richer and destroy the NHS.

Corbyn wants to burn all my tax money for... free broadband... and so underaged turds get unlimited train access, so that all the unemployed druggies in the streets who make a living out of professional begging get free housing, so more single moms get free housing, so people on benefits get more benefits.

Seems like were fucked either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

Boris will fuck the economy a bit more, make the rich even richer and destroy the NHS.

Corbyn wants to burn all my tax money for... free broadband... and so underaged turds get unlimited train access, so that all the unemployed druggies in the streets who make a living out of professional begging get free housing, so more single moms get free housing, so people on benefits get more benefits.

Only fucked if you're well off or conservative.

Hey, that sounds like a good thing!

It seems Corbyn is way behind in polls

If labour doesnt win they should really replace him

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

The big question is with who?

The Labor party is balancing quite dangerously on a knife's edge since they depend on both London, the strongest pro-Remain place in the United Kingdom, and on Northern England and Wales, some of which are quite pro-Leave.

Corbyn has tried to balance the situation between the two sides so to speak, would anyone else do better? I don't see a candidate being able to easily replace him.

Which realistically means that unless good ol' Boris royally fucks up he'll be Prime Minister for quite a few years from now.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-12-05 at 02:40 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account

You're not going to get your dream of Uk labour going back to the blairites.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    You're not going to get your dream of Uk labour going back to the blairites.
    It doesn't have to be a Blairite just literally anyone else, another commie if you want.

Its that or more years of tory rule

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to be a Blairite just literally anyone else, another commie if you want.

Its that or more years of tory rule

lol they will just the exact same smears against any other left-wing labour leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsertyuiop View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that like exactly the same thing didn't happen last time. Or that polls have been consistently wrong everywhere going back to 2010.

Let's wait for the election result.
    The poll he posted does even show what party people will be voting for, its not as far apart as the one he posted seems to suggest.

This entire post screams of the British equivalent of "But Hillary!!!" bullshit equivalence that is nothing even close to equivalent. Honestly, this post is the first I've heard the words "Corbyn" and "Free Broadband" in the same sentence. Most are focusing on what he's doing opposing what BoJo is doing, particularly in regards to the destruction of the NHS, than anything you're implying.

Learn our lesson, England - no matter what you think of Corbyn, any bad that he does can be undone and is significantly less than the alternative. Our so-called "Non-Sheep" in America here lined up on the internet like herds of sheep to show us how much they weren't sheep who lined up in herds - and our entire democracy is in risk of falling apart due to that gullible mentality.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-12-05 at 05:52 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're a millionaire then any tax increase you may see will be less than your current broadband bill, so the rest is pretty mute really.

I can understand people complaining "The government wanna give other people free stuff and make ME pay for it!" but you're essentially complaining that "The government wanna give ME free stuff and make other people pay for it!" :P

Andrew Neil challenges BoJo to an interview.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50679252

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Andrew Neil challenges BoJo to an interview.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50679252
    Why should he do it? Boris is the current champion with nothing to prove. It is for the underling contenders to attempt to dethrone him.

If I were Boris, miles ahead in the polls and watching all these wannabe PM's make a fool of themselves in front of Andrew Neil, I'd stay well clear. This election is already in the bag for the Tories, nothing to gain and everything to lose by being interviewed.

Winners like Boris don't need to demean themselves by eating at the same table as the losers.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Labour needs for Brexit to be over so they can actually compete on the issues instead of on Brexit.
    If that is the case then Labor has to lose this current election so that Brexit is done.

Personally I doubt it. Taking aside the time it would take to withdraw once Johnson's deal is passed in parliament I think the first thing you'd see is a push, a strong one, to get back in the European Union since leaving it is such a massive step back to the global vision for humanity the idea that many people with significant power to accept defeat is unimaginable in that situation.

So buckle up. Brexit itself may come to pass, but the debate and political divide Labor has to deal with is not going anywhere.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2019-12-06 at 01:58 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Why should he do it?
    For the entertainment value. There are few things funnier than watching Andrew Neil savage senior politicians. And boris, being the blithering clown that he is, would just utterly collapse into a pile of his own bullshit . He has already won the election and doomed us all to another few decades of austerity, the least he can do is give us all a good laugh before he fucks us.

10+ Year Old Account
    This election looks like a mess either way, it sucks I gotta go against my usual and vote Labour for the first time in my 20 years of voting only to out that fucking twat Borris. Funny by not throwing my vote away it feels like I am throwing my vote away :S

I feel so dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This election looks like a mess either way, it sucks I gotta go against my usual and vote Labour for the first time in my 20 years of voting only to out that fucking twat Borris. Funny by not throwing my vote away it feels like I am throwing my vote away :S

I feel so dirty.
    Voting for the lesser evil is still evil

Just saying. Vote how you want

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You know what is amusing, you got all these pretty cool celebrities and well-beloved companies urging people to vote Labour. It comes across as if they're desperately trying to save their country from evil:

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/027496ecdd064dd30dfb1f1c1b47b67d.png[IMG]

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/1d36da95c62c739f6779299f6ce2046b.png[IMG]
    This one really caught me by surprise, although I guess it's not too strange for artists to lean left. Apparently the grime4corbyn group isn't as enthusiastic this time around, although Stormzy did come out in support again like last time.