Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still feels surreal. I never thought Labour would lose that badly. It's going to be the Thatcher years all over again. I already lived through them once, didn't really fancy it for a second time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The people have spoken once again.
    Indeed. Good to see the rise of conservatism.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Still feels surreal. I never thought Labour would lose that badly. It's going to be the Thatcher years all over again. I already lived through them once, didn't really fancy it for a second time.
    And Brexit itself doesn't feel surreal at all? You are leaving the European Union. Has it normalized that much? Yep, you're ready to be out. Mentally prepared, at least.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I swear this forum is opposite land. This whole youthquake twitter thing was all bullshit obviously.
    It’s too limited to a few metropolitan seats. It could still cost the Tories some big scalps, including Boris himself, but it honestly was never broad enough to have a national impact, especially in the working class areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    People are dying in the UK as a result of Conservative austerity.

Do you want to revise that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tories are way further to the right now than Thatcher was. It's going to be so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But if Lancashire said no would Yorkshire say yes because you know those two pick the opposites just to spite.
    yes.

unless some one from Yorkshire has said yes, then ill say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I like how those nutcases in the Labour party are defending Corbyn... it's hilarious how they're spinning this into a "This isn't Corbyn's fault" story.
    Oh, it won't be his fault. It'll be the 'MSM', it'll be the Blairites for not being loyal enough, it'll be Laura Kuenssberg, it'll be Luciana Berger, basically everyone but Corbyn.

Who knew that running radical extremists leftists would get the result everyone was saying it would?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it won't be his fault. It'll be the 'MSM', it'll be the Blairites for not being loyal enough, it'll be Laura Kuenssberg, it'll be Luciana Berger, basically everyone but Corbyn.
    I'm gonna vote for "all of the above".

Corbyn's a terrible leader, Labour's stance on Brexit has been botched from day 1, and the British media is cocking shite. All of these things can be true simultaneously.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Who knew that running radical extremists leftists would get the result everyone was saying it would?
    What exactly was extreme about Labour’s platform?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No, this is the rise of the populist right, not one nation Conservatism as I know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    There was nothing extreme about Labour's platform.

But as it turns out when your heartland is in heavily Leave-slanted areas and your party is trying to play both sides of Brexit, it can come back to bite you in the ass. As demonstrated.

This election isn't an ideological victory for the Blairites as shown by how badly the Yellow Tories performed.

i shouted, i really did. i kicked and screamed and shouted with every policy released that moved further from the center left liberal stance. they all thought it would win them votes, from god knows where but they thought it would. they thought staying neutral on Brexit would keep both sides of there party voting for them and i shouted and screamed it was stupid.

and now here we are, the election being handed to bojo constituency by constituency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

It’s a rise of straight up fascism. It comes from a place of blaming ‘the other’.

Conservatism would have principles and values. Their campaign was one of hate and lies.

Wow ok sure thing. You wonder why leftism is dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...uk-ippr-report

More than 130,000 deaths in the UK since 2012 could have been prevented if improvements in public health policy had not stalled as a direct result of austerity cuts, according to a hard-hitting analysis to be published this week.

The study by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) thinktank finds that, after two decades in which preventable diseases were reduced as a result of spending on better education and prevention, there has been a seven-year “perfect storm” in which state provision has been pared back because of budget cuts, while harmful behaviours among people of all ages have increased.

Had progress been maintained at pre-2013 rates, around 131,000 lives could have been saved, the IPPR concludes. Despite promises made during the NHS’s 70th birthday celebrations last year to prioritise prevention, the UK is now only halfway up a table of OECD countries on its record for tackling preventable diseases.

The report is concerned with preventable diseases or disorders such as heart disease, lung cancer or liver problems, which can be caused by unhealthy lifestyles and habits, formed often at a young age. It finds evidence of disturbing reductions in physical activity in schools and chronic underfunding of health visitors.

The lead researcher and author, Dean Hochlaf, said: “We have seen progress in reducing preventable disease flatline since 2012. At the same time, local authorities have seen significant cuts to their public health budgets, which has severely impacted the capacity of preventative services.

“Social conditions for many have failed to improve since the economic crisis, creating a perfect storm that encourages harmful health behaviours. This health challenge will only continue to worsen.”
    And we're not even talking about things like homelessness or the Grenfell Fire.

Educate yourself, please.

So...you think people dying is a good thing? Or...what is your point here, exactly?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the Fash can stuff out a campaign of 88% lies and not get called on it.

I'm gonna vote for "all of the above".

Corbyn's a terrible leader, Labour's stance on Brexit has been botched from day 1, and the British media is cocking shite. All of these things can be true simultaneously.
    Well they can all be true, but they're not all responsible for Labour losing tonight.