Poll: Clicky clicky

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yes.

The question, though, is what % are you along that path.

I reckon I’ve moved from 50-50 pre election, to 75-25 post election.

75% of me has no more fucks to give. 25% still does.

Part of me still genuinely sympathises with those who will suffer as a result of this, even if their parents voted for it.

The problem will be when I reach 100% no more fucks to give. It is at that point that I will start evading tax / assaulting boomers etc.
    Well the wife is always keen to point out that tax avoidance is not evasion so go crazy with that! It's mostly Pann's theory that has done it for me. A small majority for BoJo and a reliance on the ERG would potentially be much worse than this. The only thing the man cares about really is being popular, it's quite possible that having won over the north he might actually start trying to help it and turn away from the hard right in his party.

Oh dear...I think I'm in denial aren't I? That's going to mean anger comes in January when we start seeing the shape of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Labour got crushed. Gits trying to oppose a referendum result for 3.5 years finally got some karma.

And still you see the delusionals yelling "but nobody wants a brexit".
    And yet 55-56% of the vote was against brexit. Don't conflate fptp result with will of the people.

FPTP has been shown to be anti democratic multiple times.

As someone that has a mild disability and a long term health condition, I really hope the NHS will not be sold off.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They can't win.
    Of course they can win... with a decent leader who has a clue. They haven't had one since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post

I guess someone wants complete and utter control over the information and narrative in the country...
    You do realise you have to pay for a TV license even if you don't watch BBC?

If you own a TV and watch any live TV of any kind, you're liable to pay for a TV license. It's universally hated within the UK.
    Boris is spot on here. An automatic extra £150 for millions in the UK? Sign me right up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    As someone that has a mild disability and a long term health condition, I really hope the NHS will not be sold off.
    It won't
    Scare tactics.

It would be political suicide.
    But yes, looking at the US, it's a scary thought of what could potentially happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarandis View Post
    The NHS has been privatized for some time. Jesus.

It has not yet started charging for most services-that is a different thing.

No wonder the Tories got in with people being this stupid.
    The NHS is free at the point of delivery.
    That's what he / she meant.

Labour started privatising the NHS by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The only people who aren't all in on LGBTQIA+& whatever in Britain by now are the Non-Christians whom are for a variety of political reasons untouchable.

Wokeness is different in the UK. Parallels exist and in some ways Wokeness is more institutionally entrenched because speech codes and hate speech are a real concept in the UK but not the US.
    We do also have a different mind set and culture. One geared more towards respecting people's privacy but also not Imposing on others or making a big scene, which I think changes the narrative. We're also I think in the whole alot less emotional and religious and generally accepting of anything that can be backed up by firm science.

Obv's we do have a problematic element currently protesting out side schools in Birmingham, but there only serving to anger people and show why those classes are needed.

In the UK I also feel we don't belive all rights are equal. And the right to freedom of religion is the bottom of the tree and first to be void if it is used to infringe on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Labour"

Did this Labour? Did Corbyn do that?
    That's what happens when you focus on clubs rather than policies. People treat it like a football match, they are so desperate for "their" team to win.
    Apologies.
    Easy to get caught up in it on social media. I agree by the way.

Yeah he was a fucking brilliant Labour leader. Killed 100,000 innocent people, brought in workfare, increased inequality and helped privatize the NHS and expand public/private partnerships. Drove the economy off a fucking cliff. I doubt even Boris Johnson will top that.

Btw He now polls consistently worse than Corbyn did. He's a big reason why Labour can't win.
    Yawn. He's the only Labour leader to win an election in 40 years. Try again.

So for example you'd agree the Jews have no right to complain about anti-semitism given their bigoted stance on homosexualty which is, well, biblical? Oh wait, no, because that wouldn't suit your reflexive Labour-bashing.
    Man that's both reaching, stupid and bigoted. But then that's your MO, nice to see you back socboi how's the last couple days treated you?

Wow, the retard is strong with this one. I don't care. I didn't want him as PM and I voted against him.
    I get the feeling you probably weren't old enough to vote between 1997 and 2005.

Yes because a man too stupid to communicate in more than one monosyllabic sentence at a time that seems to have no political philosophy whatsoever other than expedience, is somehow an accurate judge of the maturity of others.
    I'm not interested in the opinion of trolls, you get the response you deserve. Reported and ignored.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2019-12-14 at 12:10 PM.

And to further prove my point, the only Labour leader to receive overall positive media coverage leading up to the elections (because for reasons at the time the elite of the UK decided they were no longer friends with the Tories).
    I don't think Blair won because of the press - they backed him because they knew he was a winner. I'm not denying that positive media coverage is beneficial - Blair did hire Campbell after all. But the idea that Labour can never win because of the media just isn't correct. Corbyn was a loser in the real sense of the word and the press knew it. We'll see what happens when and if Labour finally elect a leader who can win them an election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

followed by

Boris Johnson 'looking at' abolishing TV licence fee for BBC

I guess someone wants complete and utter control over the information and narrative in the country...
    The BBC was pro-tory and anti-labour anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Of course they can win... with a decent leader who has a clue. They haven't had one since 2007.
    We get it, you care more about power than policy that would help the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    It's universally hated within the UK.
    Maybe in some circles but to many the BBC is the only channel worth watching in the UK, and paying a pittance to ensure we're not bombarded with shitty adverts for the latest trash every ten minutes we're trying to watch something isn't even a sacrifice that is noticable.

Moreover; I'm yet to encounter a single person who didn't want to pay it (and I've known plenty, I'm not trying to suggest it is "universally" popular because that would be dumb) and was forced to having failed to find a workaround. Again, maybe in some circles there isn't the wherewithal to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account

It is like he's cheering for a football team or something.
    Pretty much, yeah.

I get the feeling you probably weren't old enough to vote between 1997 and 2005.
    I get the feeling he's not old enough to vote last Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    We get it, you care more about power than policy that would help the working class.
    Don't be tribal with your politics it's toxic. But at the same time, change your poltics so your team starts to win because selling out your integrity is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Corbyn had some good policies but Britain hasn't voted in a government of Corbyn's colour since Attlee, and even then the circumstances were obviously extraordinary. The manifesto went OTT and the public were not convinced of its economic viability. Free broadband for everyone? People scratched their heads at that. The manifesto strategy was bad - they should have had the sense to get their foot in the door first before going all in.

As research has shown, Corbyn was Labour's biggest stumbling block on the path to power. He was ineffectual and had too much baggage. With a toned down manifesto and a decent leader they will win. And by toned down, I mean soft left. That won't scare voters off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corbyn had some good policies but Britain hasn't voted in a government of Corbyn's colour since Attlee, and even then the circumstances were obviously extraordinary. The manifesto went OTT and the public were not convinced of its economic viability. Free broadband for everyone? People scratched their heads at that. The manifesto strategy was bad - they should have had the sense to get their foot in the door first before going all in.

As research has shown, Corbyn was Labour's biggest stumbling block on the path to power. He was ineffectual and had too much baggage. With a toned down manifesto and a decent leader they will win.
    Labour would have won over 400 seats if only those below 50 voted, its clear where the real problem was, that and the focus on brexit.

You wont get youe beloved war criminal back.