Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    It was not handed perfectly, however, and that's why Blizzard apologized.
    Did i miss an apology? Only thing i've seen was the opening of Blizzcon and that definitely wasn't an apology.

  2. #42
    Always interesting to hear what the OG Blizzard employees think of the ACTIVISION/blizzard/TENCENT corporation.

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,974
    Eh any word from someone who left a company like 15+years ago is basically useless.

  4. #44
    Tbh if you're adding something to hear that requires this much explanation, it's probably not that good of an idea to begin with.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I expected more QQ from the ClassiCucks because of that Comic tbh.

    Instead I got disappoint with „Real Gamorz“-Nerdrages. MMOC, you can do better.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/world-of-...den-joysticks/
    RIP BFA! 8/27.

  6. #46
    Dark legacy really is peak boomer humor

  7. #47
    Candy crush is also popular, doesn't mean it's a good game. Classic winning awards is strictly based on hype, not the quality of content.

    That comic perfectly explains Classic, the people who aren't good at retail love it. And as soon as TBC / Wrath hit, all of the classic nerds will cry and scream and throw a tantrum for them to do another classic server. Because they can't handle anything beyond that.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Always interesting to hear what the OG Blizzard employees think of the ACTIVISION/blizzard/TENCENT corporation.
    Might as well cal everything tencent. They own 5% in a shit ton of gaming companies and more in alot of companies GGG, Riot for example.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Candy crush is also popular, doesn't mean it's a good game. Classic winning awards is strictly based on hype, not the quality of content.

    That comic perfectly explains Classic, the people who aren't good at retail love it. And as soon as TBC / Wrath hit, all of the classic nerds will cry and scream and throw a tantrum for them to do another classic server. Because they can't handle anything beyond that.
    This guys here gets it.

    Prepare for the "lolz classic is a way harder game cauz u die when u grind 3923444329834823934843234904 boars to level 60".

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Candy crush is also popular, doesn't mean it's a good game. Classic winning awards is strictly based on hype, not the quality of content.

    That comic perfectly explains Classic, the people who aren't good at retail love it. And as soon as TBC / Wrath hit, all of the classic nerds will cry and scream and throw a tantrum for them to do another classic server. Because they can't handle anything beyond that.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/world-of-...den-joysticks/
    RIP BFA! 8/27.

  11. #51
    employees that left a small business to avoid the Corp culture are not happy with how old company grew and changed... also water is wet

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Might as well cal everything tencent. They own 5% in a shit ton of gaming companies and more in alot of companies GGG, Riot for example.
    Yep! Thats pretty much it lol!

  13. #53
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Basically "we used to make games for fans, now we make them for shareholders" if i read that interview correctly.
    Basically it boils down to make the shareholders happy so they will re-elect the board of directors so the BoDs can make millions. So it's really we make games so that our board of directors can make millions.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    This kind of stuff is the same reason i hate seeing Mark Kern mentioned as a reliable source. Mostly really old school Blizzard employees who are just speculating. Half the time i see "Inside information from a Blizzard Employee" i get excited, but bam it is always one of them. The fact people rally behind them blows my mind because they do nothing but harm their arguments.
    That's a killer argument tho. And you know why that always works? Cause big companies write something into the release contract of employees and pay them big money so they CAN NOT talk about the company for the next 10 years or so. So whenever they start talking you can say: "Oh, that was long ago and does not matter anymore.". They can count on their white knight army...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Wait, they left 13 (THIRTEEN!) years ago and are still commenting on current Blizzard? MOVE ON! There is nothing useful they can say about the current state of affairs at Activision-Blizzard.
    16 actually (2003-2019). I loved David's interview at GDC back in like 2016 about Diablo I, but seriously, he's done nothing of value since leaving blizzard and his new game doesn't look that great either.

    Both Hellgate: London and Marvel Heroes were just so... ugh.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Hmmm conspiracy theory you say? I think it is not conspiracy theory, if you do everything to appease china goverment and shareholders.

    You know what? Even indie developers are not much scummy like Activision, EA, Ubisoft or Epic Games. Okay maybe Ubisoft in smaller amounts, but still remember Assasin's Creed Odyssey boosters?
    All those companies you listed. Tencent (China) owns stakes in. GGG is 80% owned by Tencent but how come they are doing so well. Blizzard is fucking up becuase of itself not China. Tencent literally owns shares in so many companies its not even worth mentioning.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    All those companies you listed. Tencent (China) owns stakes in. GGG is 80% owned by Tencent but how come they are doing so well. Blizzard is fucking up becuase of itself not China. Tencent literally owns shares in so many companies its not even worth mentioning.
    Not to mention GGG can do no wrong, charge more than a AAA game for cosmetic? Perfectly A-Ok! Charge 20 bucks for a DLC in Diablo III, literally the devil.

    People are freaking out that there will be cosmetic MTX in D4... like really... box sales only go so far.

  18. #58
    you can post that link all you want. But also remember fortnite beat both red dead redemption 2 and gears of war 4. So it doesn't mean much

  19. #59
    Holy shiet im not looking forward to 8.3. This corruption-bs makes me not want to play wow at all. What a stupid idea from the devs...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Candy crush is also popular, doesn't mean it's a good game. Classic winning awards is strictly based on hype, not the quality of content.

    That comic perfectly explains Classic, the people who aren't good at retail love it. And as soon as TBC / Wrath hit, all of the classic nerds will cry and scream and throw a tantrum for them to do another classic server. Because they can't handle anything beyond that.
    I'm genuinely curious, if candy crush isn't "good" then why is it popular? To the people playing it they must think its somewhat enjoyable, and thus "good" no?

    Btw, I don't like classic got bored at around level 25 or so, I'm just curious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •