Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    farmwise there are several low percent drops. this can keep people busy for a long time.

    but i agree, if you don't like m+, the next patch is a catastrophe. Since it's adding another layer to identify yourself with the game.

    Casuals, mostly, seem to live from LFR /LFD - and with every patch raiding seems to be more and more unworthy (at least the non mythic ones)

  2. #282
    As someone who was forced to go casual due to relocation (resulting in differences between working weeks and time zones), this question (in general) is something that I have to consider quite a bit given that any time spent playing the game detracts from wider responsibilities/desires.

    I have to say BfA overall, for me, has been hit and miss. There have been pockets of elements that I consider truly engaging... and then other element s which simply have not appealed.

    An example of the less appealing being the Mechagon and Nazjatar rep grinds, which no doubt I shall still be doing for some time to come.

    As suggested previously, unless the next patch provides something truly gripping or enjoyably repeatable, is probably also use this time to enjoy classic.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    this delusion is absolutely insane.

    we only got a demo for a half baked zone in shadowlands, all of the dungeons are unfinished, the zone we got is unfinished, gameplay is unfinished etc

    we won't be seeing the expansion until December next year at the earliest.
    Thx Nostradamus. For sure they would set deadline for 31st December for themselves when they expect "December at the earliest".

    What we saw was more or less Legion reveal, but Legion was condensed to one hour, so it felt more packed.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosei View Post
    An example of the less appealing being the Mechagon and Nazjatar rep grinds, which no doubt I shall still be doing for some time to come.
    .
    You can do mechagon in roughly a week (especially with the ani buff and when DMF is up) it is hardly a 'grind'

    https://www.wow-rep.com/faction/batt...olt-resistance All adds up very quickly

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    this delusion is absolutely insane.

    we only got a demo for a half baked zone in shadowlands, all of the dungeons are unfinished, the zone we got is unfinished, gameplay is unfinished etc

    we won't be seeing the expansion until December next year at the earliest.
    Except for the demo, this is purely speculation.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

  6. #286
    I will be doing the usual, so 8 months of single player games on Steam.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Raddest View Post
    Heads up, female LF Drenai have ultra small 2h. It's pretty bad.
    not a problem with 2 thunderfury in transmog

  8. #288
    Scarab Lord Sconners88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    this delusion is absolutely insane.

    we only got a demo for a half baked zone in shadowlands, all of the dungeons are unfinished, the zone we got is unfinished, gameplay is unfinished etc

    we won't be seeing the expansion until December next year at the earliest.
    You can't speak logic to fanboys.

    Shadowlands reveal:

    Completely barebones "feature trailer".
    No new race.
    No new class.
    No new talent row or baseline abilities.
    Lowest number of zones tied with Legion.
    No real new systems. (Tower is just islands in a tower. Covenants are Artifact/Rep 2.0)


    It's just more of the same. More BfA but with a bunch of empty(so far) promises on how they're going to fix everything and this time they'll listen(but they didn't listen the 15 times before this).


    Then on to what they had to show:

    No Class changes in playable build. Literally BfA class design without Azerite/Essences.
    1 incomplete zone playable. Rest are just concept art.
    Nothing to show about tower.
    Almost nothing to show about Covenants/Soulbinds.

    Bunch of lip service. Yet people still think this expansion will come out in July-September. ROFL. Yeah let's have another rushed Beta cycle like BfA. We all know how that turned out hey?
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Horrific Visions?
    They are a demerit for 8.3 for me, you spend time in a shitty zone to earn the right to spend more time in that shitty zone for gear that may have downside... not interested at all, I hate timed content.

  10. #290
    Scarab Lord Sconners88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Thx Nostradamus. For sure they would set deadline for 31st December for themselves when they expect "December at the earliest".

    What we saw was more or less Legion reveal, but Legion was condensed to one hour, so it felt more packed.
    Yeah keep trying to re-write history bud.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=248607/...n-announcement

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Horrific Visions?
    What does 8.3 actually contain gameplay wise?

    One raid.
    One repeatable Withered/Chromie scenario. The latter of which we got in a minor patch. That also completely re-uses a plethora of assets.
    Invasions re-used for the 3rd time and they're in OLD zones too. Pathetic fill the bar World Quest content.


    I mean honestly? There isn't even a new dungeon coming. Do you not think people are burnt out on pathetic, lazy WQs after doing thousands of them for the past 3+ years?

    What else am I supposed to do in this patch besides Mythic+ in the same dungeons I've been doing for a year? The raid once a week? The Horrific Vision a few times a week?(It's gated).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    They are a demerit for 8.3 for me, you spend time in a shitty zone to earn the right to spend more time in that shitty zone for gear that may have downside... not interested at all, I hate timed content.
    Forced to farm garbage Invasion WQs(a system that has been re-used 3 times) for a currency that allows you to enter the only interesting piece of content this patch brings. Which is also time-gated by corruption resistance and your ability to farm said currency.

    Not to mention the visions re-use a shit tonne of assets as they're set in Org/Stormwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Yeah keep trying to re-write history bud.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=248607/...n-announcement
    What's your point exactly? We didn't have any working content, just few screens (some from Suramar, but city wasn't even textured on Alpha launch few months after), no major info on class changes, no details how artifacts will work. All major info - world quests, artifact/class hall progression, legendaries - came during Blizzcon '15.

    Similar now - we have few screens from 4 zones and glimpse of Bastion, Covenants system (but no major details beside new bodyguard system), details on new leveling system (like details on new Honor stuff from Legion), some talk about returning skills for existing classes (similar to introducing some DH skills), introduction to expansion and few words about every zone.

    Overall looks like some work on content is done, but system wise it's VERY early stage. Similar to Legion during reveal. Where I try to re-write history again?

  12. #292
    Scarab Lord Sconners88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What's your point exactly? We didn't have any working content, just few screens (some from Suramar, but city wasn't even textured on Alpha launch few months after), no major info on class changes, no details how artifacts will work. All major info - world quests, artifact/class hall progression, legendaries - came during Blizzcon '15.

    Similar now - we have few screens from 4 zones and glimpse of Bastion, Covenants system (but no major details beside new bodyguard system), details on new leveling system (like details on new Honor stuff from Legion), some talk about returning skills for existing classes (similar to introducing some DH skills), introduction to expansion and few words about every zone.

    Overall looks like some work on content is done, but system wise it's VERY early stage. Similar to Legion during reveal. Where I try to re-write history again?
    Oh okay. So you didn't even look at the link? Where they listed in detail an absolute plethora of things.

    Basically every interview for Shadowlands was "oh we can't answer that right now because we literally don't know".


    Look at the Legion slides detailing the fucking story and key lore figures.

    Shadowlands was all like... Oh Kael'thas.... Sylvanas.... Jailer.... Ummm souls and shit.... we don't really know about the story as we haven't written it yet.

    "Yeah there's this new Tower thing coming but we don't know what it is or how it works. Just procedurally generated, that's all we know."
    Last edited by Sconners88; Today at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  13. #293
    Like every final patch it won't. Casuals will unsub and that's expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    Oh okay. So you didn't even look at the link? Where they listed in detail an absolute plethora of things.

    Basically every interview for Shadowlands was "oh we can't answer that right now because we literally don't know".


    Look at the Legion slides detailing the fucking story and key lore figures.

    Shadowlands was all like... Oh Kael'thas.... Sylvanas.... Jailer.... Ummm souls and shit.... we don't really know about the story as we haven't written it yet.

    "Yeah there's this new Tower thing coming but we don't know what it is or how it works. Just procedurally generated, that's all we know."
    Lol. First I was: "how someone could be so nitpicky and unpleasant at the same time?" Then I realized who I'm talking to. Thanks for making my day.

    Sure buddy. They totally explained how everything will work during Legion reveal, we had no further questions. No go your own way ;D

    Well, well! If it isn't our old friend, Scarecrowz!

  15. #295
    Casuals always find something to do...hardcore raiders burnout on..raiding..and go back to their ps4.

  16. #296
    Do we even have a correct definition of a wow casual somewhere?

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol. First I was: "how someone could be so nitpicky and unpleasant at the same time?" Then I realized who I'm talking to. Thanks for making my day.

    Sure buddy. They totally explained how everything will work during Legion reveal, we had no further questions. No go your own way ;D

    Well, well! If it isn't our old friend, Scarecrowz!
    Gotta love when they change name and avatar to pretend to be a different person...

    Tbh I don't know why people hate on the idea new expansion is gonna be "more of the same just with new coat of paint", that's exactly what a new expansion should be in my opinion, a lot of the ideas to "innovate" either fell flat, stole spotlight from the staple expansion content, or were forced upon playerbase despite not being received well just because they wanted to trumpet that feature a success and had to have the numbers to show people participate in that content.

    If there's one thing I hate, is the change for the sake of change and reinventing the wheel every expansion. Breaking stuff that worked because of some vocal minority that was "bored", meanwhile going further away from what loyal fans liked wow for.

    Wow would have been better off if some of the "revolutionary" additions like vehicle combat, mission tables, ap grind, loaner abilities, etc. were never a "feature". Can't say I have any love for monks, inscription, archeology and few other "additions" that have to be maintained once implemented, but it's clear Blizzard has no idea how to do it well.

    Do we really want Shadowlands have some centerpiece where 80% of the development efforts are gonna be sank like garrisons or islands/warfronts? Because I sure don't. As that was the reason the respective expansions felt lazy and lacking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •