Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I have not turned wm off at any point. Whats your problem?
    My problem is you're making random assumptions about people to give yourself a narrative to fight over and when someone does the same thing to you, you reply with a stupid post like this. I never said, and nothing suggests in my post, that I can't handle WPvP. Pointing the flaws in something is not evidence of struggle, it's evidence of intelligence. Blindly accepting mediocre design under the guise of "that's how it is deal with it" is proof of inferior critical thinking abilities.

Explain to me why you believe factions are a good thing for WPvP, I'll give you an extensive list in details of every reason why it's terrible and counter every single points you'll come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I do agree to this, but not 15%, at least 100% if not 200% and rewards tied to it, similar to what we had in BfA. I get they might want to encourage people to quest with PVP on but yeah, giving bonuses in other areas other than pvp related seems to be causing other problems.
    I dont exactly understand why people want to remove rewards from an optional mode, like if you dont like warmode, turn it off, if you want to have higher risks vs higher rewards, turn it on. games use this all the time, even in PVE you get all the time. stop nagging about something that you can avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Thinking out the box a bit, maybe a good system would be for the game to have a mode where the game forms groups with nearby players of the same faction out in the open world. Possible mechanisms could include an opt-in switch where it just happens automatically with any other players who are also have it switched on. Alternatively a pop up box could appear whenever you're near other players. Eg "There are other Horde players nearby. Would you like to group up with them?". If you move out of range from the group, the game can ask if you'd like to leave the group/disband.

Speaking from personal experience, the reason I don't tend to group up with random players I run into is entirely because it's too much hassle. I basically have to pause with what I am doing and whisper the other player asking if they want to group up. Then I have to wait for them to stop what they're doing and answer, which could be anything from an immediate group invite, to "sure", to "sorry, in a bg/dungeon/lfr queue" to "I am done here, maybe next time". A game system that basically condenses this process down to a single click to opt in would, IMO, be a significant benefit to players, not just in Warmode, but for all open world content.
    On an unrelated note I can say that Legion World Quest Group Finder addon when it allowed fully automated grouping was the best WoW questing experience I ever had. It really allowed be to survive those world quests. After they nerfed it into oblivion, I never did those world quests outside of pure necessity. It's a pity they decided to remove that feature instead of built into client.

Does someone agree with "Group PvP is a lie"?

For you to understand this, you must have at least done World PvP quests in BfA a couple times.
    It cant even be called "PvP"...its actually a PvE quest.
    There is zero "PvP" involved, its a group farm of solo unprotected players.

Most of the time all 5-man groups gather at one location and farm solo players.

IMO there is no "healthy" way to promote World PvP rewards with Group content. Here lies the problem with the romanticized version of Blizzard's Warmode.

A "World PvP'er" is looking for a ego boost in killing other players.
    This is much easier done in a 1v1 scenario.

Believe me when i say there is plenty of "easy preys" out there.
    You dont need to worry about not being able to find a prey and about game balance.
    Plenty of weak cubs for you to complete a possible "solo world pvp quest"
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-11-26 at 06:37 PM.

I doubt WoW PvP will improve until arenas are removed or separated from the main game.

I think the biggest issue is that everything that can help in PvP is just nerfed to the ground and fights are too slow. 1v1 will never be common as some above have pointed out. World PvP is always gonna mostly be 1v several, so what needs to happen is consumables and things that can give a lone player huge advantages as well as much faster fights. Players need to be killable in less than 10s if you use CDs.. however this should be counterable by good players if they react fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Does someone agree with "Group PvP is a lie"?

For you to understand this, you must have at least done World PvP quests in BfA a couple times.
    It cant even be called "PvP"...its actually a PvE quest.
    There is zero "PvP" involved, its a group farm of solo unprotected players.

Most of the time all 5-man groups gather at one location and farm solo players.

IMO there is no "healthy" way to promote World PvP rewards with Group content. Here lies the problem with the romanticized version of Blizzard's Warmode.

A "World PvP'er" is looking for a ego boost in killing other players.
    This is much easier done in a 1v1 scenario.

Believe me when i say there is plenty of "easy preys" out there.
    You dont need to worry about not being able to find a prey and about game balance.
    Plenty of weak cubs for you to complete a possible "solo world pvp quest"
    So world PvP is working as intended.

What "culture" is there exactly? Most world pvp'ers regardless of faction simply run around 3 v 1'ing the enemy in some desperate attempt to feel competent. The rest of the players who don't give a shit are only flagged because of the bonuses, and that's really all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution, they should expand the Honourless target classification. For example, if five people team up on a single person who's not in a group or has enough of the same faction around to make it a "fair" fight, flag that player as honourless and they won't contribute to the PvP Quests/Honour Reward system as there's no "honour" in killing them. Same for if someone ambushes someone who is low on health whilst fighting a rare that they have gotten low and only unflag them if that player then decides to engage the attacker as they then consider the player "trying to regain their honour" or something otherwise "winning the rare" is the reward for killing the player, not quest progression. Basically shift incentives from being grouped hunters of individuals to engaging groups or individual 1 on 1 duels, make it so people aren't rewarded for certain behaviour and they will change to ensure they get their rewards.
    Although I'm sure there would be complaints about such a change...
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    No self respect.
    ...as if w"PvP"ers evr cared about such silly concept XD
    wPvP was always all about abusing gear/level/w-e they could in order to gain (unfair) advantage. There was never any "honor" in that.

blizzard created warmode, to reduce QQ on their forums, and to reduce their PVP balancing to arenas which is imbal too. pretty much classes that are FOTexpacOP, rogues/druids for stealth openers to catch those involved with mobs, participate the most

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked warmode and enjoyed the weekly PVP quests when they were current. It felt like Nazjatar and Mechagon achieved the aim of groups getting involved with PVP. Was great fun having a mass brawl with the other faction over a chest. That said, after the initial few weeks it seemed to degenerate into groups ganking loners to get their quest kill count and stopped being fun. Either that or endlessly circling looking for anyone from the other faction because the sharding isn't balance -despite what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    I liked warmode and enjoyed the weekly PVP quests when they were current. It felt like Nazjatar and Mechagon achieved the aim of groups getting involved with PVP. Was great fun having a mass brawl with the other faction over a chest. That said, after the initial few weeks it seemed to degenerate into groups ganking loners to get their quest kill count and stopped being fun. Either that or endlessly circling looking for anyone from the other faction because the sharding isn't balance -despite what they say.
    Everytime Nazjatar is the weekly, there's still the zerg vs zerg between Newhome and the alliance town for a decent chunk of the week. It ebbs and flows back forth the same same way that TM/SS always did. Mechagon gets it right outside of town as well when it's the call to arms. I'm guessing OP's main point is that there's no massive fights right outside town in vale or uldum for their calls to arm.
    Last edited by pay928; 2020-03-06 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Derp.

Okay, so your solution is that warmode gives 15% extra honor.

Now here is the question: 15% extra compared to what?

Warmode off? Guess what, if you don't have warmode on, you are gaining exactly 0 honor - so 15% extra doesn't really do much.

So you just want to increase honor rewards by 15%.

The real "solution" to war mode is to remove all rewards. There shouldn't be any rewards, the world pvp itself should be the reward.
    Nah bro, I like my +25% (or more) bonus for playing the good guys.

Extra bonus is having a group that decimates nazjatar every 3 hours. Ez conquest cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't very familiar with PvP in general...they spent several expansions virtually ignoring it and after the backlash they come back to it and are just fumbling the ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the best warmode experience, play alliance on the RP-US shard. You get the population bonus from the "Moon Guard RP LULZ" crew and since the bonus to AP/Essence/Gold gain is region-wide, you still get the best possible bonus. Any alliance on the RP shards that don't play warmode are just idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    If you want the best warmode experience, play alliance on the RP-US shard. You get the population bonus from the "Moon Guard RP LULZ" crew and since the bonus to AP/Essence/Gold gain is region-wide, you still get the best possible bonus. Any alliance on the RP shards that don't play warmode are just idiots.
    I was eating my banana with cereal and for some reason i bursted laughing at your post thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Simple solution: separate single players and grouped players into different phases. Also separate friends and guildies into different phases, so players won't play this system by just running ungrouped together.
    Didnt blizzard state a few years ago about how pvp was balanced around groups? As I main an enhancement shaman, I dont think I could leave town if your simple solution were the case