Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    The comics were the rebooted marvel series. Thor, Hulk, Iron man, etc.
    that's not how comic series work. a reboot is something like the new 52. a new comic run and a reboot are not the same thing if they were spiderman would have been rebooted like 7 times in the last 3 years.

They were only temporary because the comics failed and caused them to go nearly bankrupt. They were series reboots.
    this is also comply untrue. fem thor kept steady sales and was planned to be temporary before she ever had the hammer. Iron heart was never meant to stay they made ti clear even in civil war 2 that tony wasn't gonna be gone for ever. Cho wasn't the first time the hulk was gone and no one thought he wasn't coming back.

did you actually read any of these comics or even the comics that came before them?

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    They were only temporary because the comics failed and caused them to go nearly bankrupt. They were series reboots.
    Not true at all. The "reboots" have always been temporary. They do it all the time and they almost always revert back to the original eventually. I've already shown you this.

Here's a brief List:

Iron Man: Tony Stark, James Rhodes, Victor Von Doom.
    Captain America: Steve Rogers, John Walker, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson
    Thor: Thor Odinson, Beta Ray Bill, Eric Masterson, Jane Foster
    Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Ben Reilly, Miles Morales, Otto Octavius.

In every single one of those cases...the original returned to the role, was eventually "replaced" again, and returned again. As of this moment all of the originals are currently in the role.

Marvel does have a thing for restarting existing series at #1...but they do that whether or not they are bringing in a "replacement". They just think that #1's sell more. It's annoying...but it doesn't really mean anything in the long run.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-11-28 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's a Disney problem.
    Or should I say the problem is trying to Disney-fy a violent rage monster that has little compunction with killing.
    The solution is to make his movies R-rated.
    I agree, I wouldn't "water down" the Hulk, it would ruin the character. Do him right or leave it alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You must have missed that Thor is also in the next Thor movie. Jane Foster isn't "replacing" him. It seems she's getting Mjolnir...but Thor's got a better weapon now anyway.

Captain America retired at the end of Endgame. That was already known before Endgame was released. Unlike in Comic Books...actors age. Chris Evans was going to give up the mantle sooner or later. The only question would be who gets the Shield...Sam or Bucky. Bucky still isn't 100% so Sam is the wiser choice. And it's still not certain if Sam will even take the name Captain America. Their Disney+ series is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier...not Captain America and the Winter Soldier.

I haven't seen anything regarding Ironheart joining the MCU. Last I saw, Kevin Feige said there were currently no plans to bring her in.

Cho hasn't been mentioned at all.

And none of this would be pushing out older characters anyway. Chris Evans and RDJ both retired from their roles. There currently is no Captain America or Iron Man.

So, still waiting on you to prove me wrong on anything. Mighty Casey strikes out again.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda ridiculous to take a Hulk storyline and throw the Hulk in as a secondary character. Makes more sense to put Hulk in another character's movie where he would be a Value add...like they did with Ragnarok. The took elements from the Planet Hulk storyline and weaved them into a movie about Thor.
    My idea was to make him the second string in title only, since they don't have the rights to make his own movie. It would be a sneaky way to get around the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I agree, I wouldn't "water down" the Hulk, it would ruin the character. Do him right or leave it alone.

- - - Updated - - -

My idea was to make him the second string in title only, since they don't have the rights to make his own movie. It would be a sneaky way to get around the rule.
    It could also risk a lawsuit. Universals lawyers would just look at it and say "this movie is a Hulk movie in everything except name. It is based on a Hulk comic, The Hulk is the central character in the story".
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-11-28 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    multiverse will most likely be used as an excuse to bring in different actors as CA or IM - "i'm not the 616 CA, but i'm from 501 - also Steve Rogers but look different" or some stuff like that.

sure there's plenty of characters to chose from, but some heroes are just to 'big' to ignore for long.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    multiverse will most likely be used as an excuse to bring in different actors as CA or IM - "i'm not the 616 CA, but i'm from 501 - also Steve Rogers but look different" or some stuff like that.

sure there's plenty of characters to chose from, but some heroes are just to 'big' to ignore for long.
    Yeah, I thought of that too. But then it makes you wonder why prime Steve passed on his shield to Falcon and Bucky at all if they just plan on bringing in an alternate universe Steve Rogers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, I thought of that too. But then it makes you wonder why prime Steve passed on his shield to Falcon and Bucky at all if they just plan on bringing in an alternate universe Steve Rogers.
    well..at that point in time the multiverse wasn't established yet. it still really isn't. eternals and dr strange will flesh out what was mentioned in 2 or 3 lines in far from home.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

well..at that point in time the multiverse wasn't established yet. it still really isn't. eternals and dr strange will flesh out what was mentioned in 2 or 3 lines in far from home.
    True, even though Far From Home ended up being a very clever red herring that made Mysterio that memorable a villain, obviously with Multiverse of Madness, Marvel is pushing forward with alternate dimensions after all, and it's very exciting.

That will fast become the new gimmick similar to the tiresome "time travel" gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That will fast become the new gimmick similar to the tiresome "time travel" gimmick.
    when did they use time travel outside of end game besides the ending loop of strange?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552