Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much can I save if I upgrade my pc during black friday?

I want to upgrade my pc in order to be able to multibox classic/retail with minimum 5 accounts although I may go up to 10. I plan to buy everything new from a local store (I'm not from the US), nevertheless the black friday offers are usually the same everywhere so I may get a discount on the exact same items.

I have done my research and here are the specs that I consider, they are the best budget specs for a gaming computer:

Ram:16gb ddr4 (2x8gb)
    Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600 6 core 12 thread
    Graphic: Rx 570 4gb
    Mobo: ASRock B450M-HDV
    Power Supply: Aero Cool Integrator 500W 80+ Bronze
    SSD: 260gb ssd
    Case: I don't know yet (want suggestions)
    Cooler: Don't know yet

My questions:

1. Do you suggest anything else on the above specs that is cheaper or more effective at the same price? (the total price is expected to be around 700$ without black friday)

2. What case & cooler should I buy? (I keep the pc open for months so I need strong cooling overall)

3. does the cpu include its cooler in the package?

4. How much can I save from the above specs during black friday and how can I adjust my specs for black friday offers in order to save lots of money?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2019-11-26 at 05:23 PM.

CPU's always come with a stock cooler included

You don't really need a aftermarket cooler if you're not planning on OC'ing. Temperatures will never reach amounts where the CPU will even get close to throttling.

Case whatever the fuck you think looks good (and obv has space for your mobo) I pref CoolerMaster ones but generally it doesn't matter much

260gb SSD is small as fuck, make sure you have a harddrive for games you dont want to have on your SSD

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I want to upgrade my pc in order to be able to multibox classic/retail with minimum 5 accounts although I may go up to 10. I plan to buy everything new from a local store (I'm not from the US), nevertheless the black friday offers are usually the same everywhere so I may get a discount on the exact same items.

I have done my research and here are the specs that I consider, they are the best budget specs for a gaming computer:

Ram:16gb ddr4 (2x8gb)
    Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600 6 core 12 thread
    Graphic: Rx 570 4gb
    Mobo: ASRock B450M-HDV
    Power Supply: Aero Cool Integrator 500W 80+ Bronze
    SSD: 260gb ssd
    Case: I don't know yet (want suggestions)
    Cooler: Don't know yet

My questions:

1. Do you suggest anything else on the above specs that is cheaper or more effective at the same price? (the total price is expected to be around 700$ without black friday)

2. What case & cooler should I buy? (I keep the pc open for months so I need strong cooling overall)

4. How much can I save from the above specs during black friday and how can I adjust my specs for black friday offers in order to save lots of money?
    It could be different now but when I built my Ryzen, I had to be very specific about the brand of RAM sticks I got for my Ryzen 1800x.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    It could be different now but when I built my Ryzen, I had to be very specific about the brand of RAM sticks I got for my Ryzen 1800x.
    First series was much more picky, 2nd is still picky but most main brand ram will work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by penkek View Post
    CPU's always come with a stock cooler included
    Careful with that lol, Intel CPUs dont

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    First series was much more picky, 2nd is still picky but most main brand ram will work

- - - Updated - - -

Nor do some of the AMD CPUs as well.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, wondering if I should upgrade my 1800x then. With all the research I did to get the right RAM and then all the little things you had to do to get it to optimize all of the RAM, I will forever be paranoid that i'm not using all the RAM I should be.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah.

Case? Whatever you want. Your system won't consume enough power for it to matter, so get something you think looks nice. Cooler, just stick with the included one, it'll be fine.
    Another note though, from what I can find online, that PSU is dogshit and you should get another. Corsair RX and CX are decent, Seasonic are also at least not bad, and most of their stuff is good

Yes, and it is good enough

Depends on the store. Maybe 5%, maybe 10%, maybe 30%. Be open to pick other brands. You only named 2, outside of the CPU. That being ASRock and Aero Cool. Don't set your eyes on those specific ones (and again, just flat out find another PSU). Also look on as many storefronts as you can, as early as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Their K-series don't, their non-k-series do
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Nor do some of the AMD CPUs as well.
    Just the 3950x, and the threadripper stuff I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Hmmm, wondering if I should upgrade my 1800x then. With all the research I did to get the right RAM and then all the little things you had to do to get it to optimize all of the RAM, I will forever be paranoid that i'm not using all the RAM I should be.
    Depends what you do. If you're not running into bottlenecks, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Their K-series don't, their non-k-series do.
    Ah, I never buy non-k series, but I guess the point still stands, people shouldn't blindly say "cpus come with coolers"

With your case, keep in mind if you want to upgrade later. I wanted to keep my case from 2014 but I didn’t have enough space for a 240mm radiator but it did have enough space for a 240mm fan, a small but deal breaking oversight. I could have used a dremal or a small rotary saw to cut the front of my case but I don’t have one, a friend does though. I also decided to use it for my old build but don’t have hard drives for it yet so it’s just sitting around.

I went from a cm storm enforcer case to a lian li pc o11 air. Got it for $155. There are plenty of aio water cooling options for under $100. Just go with whatever you think is cool, fits budget, and completes your needs for future upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I went from a cm storm enforcer case to a lian li pc o11 air. Got it for $155. There are plenty of aio water cooling options for under $100. Just go with whatever you think is cool, fits budget, and completes your needs for future upgrades.
    If you want cheap, you don't want water cooling.

uh since when? my 3700k and my current 8700k both came with a cooler included

10+ Year Old Account
    The 8700k didn't
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rocessors.html

THere's a good sale on an RX 570 on NewEgg if they are still in stock.

119 with a free game and 3 months of Xbox game pass on PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Since Skylake.

I had to use the cooler from my 2500k that i had in my closet for years on my 8700k until my actual cooler arrived, lets just say its a good thing they didnt include that in the box lol. It surprisingly didnt throttle under cinebench loads, but it was insanely loud.

No it did not. My old i7 7700k did not come with a stock cooler and the i7 8700k did not either. The non K i7 8700 comes with a stock cooler
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    No it did not. My old i7 7700k did not come with a stock cooler and the i7 8700k did not either. The non K i7 8700 comes with a stock cooler

Same my 7700k did not come with a stock cooler none of the k-versions for the last few years have done so.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Ok, I completed my order I bought everything 710E

What do you think about my specs and price?

PSU: Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 520W 12cm Fan Fully Modular 80+ Bronze SS-520GM2
    Ram: RAM CRUCIAL BLS2K8G4D30AESBK BALLISTIX SPORT LT GREY 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ DUAL KIT - I bought two so 32gb
    Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse ITX 4GD5 4GB GDDR5 11266-34-20G
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.20GHz 16MB YD2700BBAFBOX
    SSD: SSD SANDISK SDSSDH3-250G-G25 ULTRA 3D 250GB SATA 3.0
    CASE: CASE COUGAR MX330

Right now with my i3 & 16gb ram I have 100 pages opens & apps & 3 clients of wow without having any issues at all. I wonder what would be possible now with that insane beast. I hope it will endure at least 8 years. I think I overdid it with the specs. 32gb, 570 & ryzen 7 are probably overkill, I could save like 200E from this but at least I won't have to upgrade it in the future I hope.

Someone told that x4 8gb ram in asrock will not work, it wont read them all, shall I change it with x2 16gb?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2019-11-29 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I completed my order I bought everything 710E

What do you think about my specs and price?

Ram: RAM CRUCIAL BLS2K8G4D30AESBK BALLISTIX SPORT LT GREY 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ DUAL KIT - I bought two so 32gb
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse ITX 4GD5 4GB GDDR5 11266-34-20G
    CASE: CASE COUGAR MX330

Right now with my i3 & 16gb ram I have 100 pages opens & apps & 3 clients of wow without having any issues at all. I wonder what would be possible now with that insane beast. I hope it will endure at least 8 years. I think I overdid it with the specs. 32gb, 570 & ryzen 7 are probably overkill, I could save like 200E from this but at least I won't have to upgrade it in the future I hope.

Someone told that x4 8gb ram in asrock will not work, it wont read them all, shall I change it with x2 16gb?
    I think you should send back one of the RAM kits. 32gb is all sorts of overkill. 4x8 will work, but there's just really no reason to use 32gb of RAM unless you're doing actual work.

I'd also see if the store you bought from offers a sale on the 3700x instead of the 2700 if possible

I made some changes on my orders - luckily it will take a while until I get the items

Final Specs

Ram: RAM PATRIOT PVS432G300C6K VIPER STEEL SERIES 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3000MHZ DUAL KIT
    GPU: VGA XFX AMD RADEON RX580 GTS XXX EDITION 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E RETAIL
    CASE: CASE COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB510L CARBON BLUE TRIM

Total: 702E.

I had to change the gpu, it was way too bad considering its price.

I was in a big dilemma between xfx rx 580 8gb and msi rx 570 armor 8gb. This is something I may still change.

They say msi has better cooling and requires 450W, on the other hand the xfx requires 500W minimum. I'm not sure if the xfx will work well with my PSU and multiboxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, 32gb of RAM is all sorts of overkill, you don't need it.. (Yes, I will keep saying this)

As for the GPUs: The 580 is a more powerful card than the 570. Depending on how you do your multiboxing, it might come in handy, or it might not.