Thread: Firestick 4k

Firestick 4k

I have been trying to find out if i need a firestick 4k for my new 4k TV that is arriving next week, or can i just use the amazon app on the TV to watch movies etc and it will output in 4k?

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    I have been trying to find out if i need a firestick 4k for my new 4k TV that is arriving next week, or can i just use the amazon app on the TV to watch movies etc and it will output in 4k?
    Nah you dont need a firestick, if your TV is 4k the apps built into the TV will play at 4k if available.

Firestick is going to be an upgrade to any built in smart interface on tv's tho, has stuff like a handy voice search and is going to be a lot snappier than whats on TV's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what the TV is.
    /s

Ok great Ty.

It's the Samsung qe60.

The way how we access the Amazon app is via our TiVo (Virgin), so I am not sure how that outputs to the tv, as in would it recognise it can play in 4k?

I am not sure how it works and don't want to waste £30

It will only work if you have a TiVo 4k (like the Edge), and only Netflix and Youtube are supported.
    So you either have to use the amazon app on your TV or the firestick.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty sweet and were on sale the other day. Can easily get kodi and other iptv type thingso n them .