Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I briefly considering buying the items. I can easily afford 3x7.50, no problem.

But then I thought about it. What am I ACTUALLY getting for those 22.50?

I don't play Hearthstone, Heroes or Overwatch, so those items are basically useless to me.
    I haven't logged in and played D3 or SC2 in a long time. And even when I do, the portrait or transmog I am using is irrelevant to me. So they would be useless too.
    That leaves Wow.....

For WoD, I would get a mount and a pet. I already have plenty of both and don't think I would actually use them. The raven model is too big and I already have that green version from Tanaan I rarely use, so that's not going to happen.
    For Legion it looks like I would get a felstalker mount, but I don't even use the felsaber my DH has.
    And for BfA, sure, there's two mounts, yay, BUT...... I mainly play alliance, so the horde raptor is useless to me. Then there's the Alliance horse...... ANOTHER horse? I literally have 22 horses already and I haven't even bothered wasting money on the rep ones from BfA, even though they're sort of cheap.

All in all, I would be foolish to buy that stuff, even at the discounted price. I won't be using any of it enough to justify the price. And no, I'm not a collector that cares about the achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    So what if they make the decisions "willy nilly"? It's their money.
    I don't care if anyone spends their money on shop items. Blizzard has stated over the years the reason character services are priced high is so people would think twoce about doing it.

Love this. Upgrading the whole diablo thing since I haven't really played diablo 3 at all, and upgraded overwatch to legendary for 5 euros :> yay winston pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    They could choose to put a cooldown on such services, but they won't. Blizzard hopes that either A) you're willing to finally bite the bullet and spend $300 on transfer services; B) you choose to start over and spend more time online because you need to "rebuild"; or C) if you choose to quit the game it won't matter to them because you're not a whale.
    True, but they haven't and I believe they should so people who want to move or change factions and cannot due to price can at least once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Except, cross realm makes character moves, faction changes, and name changes have no effect on modern WoW.
    Doesn't change the reason they gave and see above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So they don't like making money? That's a tough sell when talking about Acti-"Soar to new astral altitudes with the new winged, horned adorable nine tailed half fox, half unicorn mount"-Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they had one recently with Kul'tirans/Zandalari too, and yeah, it was 35% off. I'm thinking the next one might be with 8.3 when they release Vulpera and Mechagnomes.
    I'm sure they do, but then this is just another bit of evidence that points against them just being a greedy, out to scam the players out of all their money company narrative that fills this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    They could choose to put a cooldown on such services, but they won't. Blizzard hopes that either A) you're willing to finally bite the bullet and spend $300 on transfer services; B) you choose to start over and spend more time online because you need to "rebuild"; or C) if you choose to quit the game it won't matter to them because you're not a whale.
    What if I identify as a whale?

Shows how badly Blizzard is doing right now. Pathetic attempt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Shows how bad Blizzard is doing right now. Pathetic attempt.
    They have had sales for black Friday since at least 2012. I couldn't find anything quickly for 2011. Blizzard is not doing bad for offering sales during a traditional shopping holiday.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

so great, fuck our clients! no BF for them

$30 for a pizza? I may seem cheap, but I spend $20 on pizzas, tops. Point is, sales generates additional revenue. You're the first person advocating for NOT having a sale. You must work for Blizzard and get free paid services.
    He just wants to argue against what the first person he saw posting said. No real reason to it. If he saw someone advocating the same stance as him he'd be arguing the opposite and saying sales on services must happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    He just wants to argue against what the first person he saw posting said. No real reason to it. If he saw someone advocating the same stance as him he'd be arguing the opposite and saying sales on services must happen now.
    Ooh, contrarian personality.

It’s $10 for a race change in FF14. Do you have ANY idea how many me and my friends have purchased? Me alone at least 30 over the years.

If it was $25, I’d of maybe done it a handful of times. $10 feels a LOT less than $25 on any given day of the week.

Blizzard is losing money by charging so much. People like to experiment and switch things up. I have no idea why they’d want to hinder people from changing more often than they do.

Welp bois and gals, pack it up, Capitalism didn't work, the economy is dead.

Why? Because apparently, discounting your products for the Holiday consumerism = your company is struggling/dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    I would love to have 50% off on pets/mounts xd. Might actually buy 1 or 2.

Virtual Ticket for £30 is still too much for me for 2 pets :/
    They always have mounts and pets at 50% off during christmas, not the newest ones tho.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    How about no? Transfer is just a pizza, avoid eating one for a day and you can afford any paid services.

Morons keep saying that whenever someone talks about high prices.
    Yeah because EVERYONE lives in US and buy 30$ pizza everyday (as you said that), right?
    I eat it like once per 2-3 weeks and pay less than 10$.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Welp bois and gals, pack it up, Capitalism didn't work, the economy is dead.

Why? Because apparently, discounting your products for the Holiday consumerism = your company is struggling/dead.

'Products'

Angry

I know that this could be viewed as being "whiney" , but damn ... seeing the Collector's Edition digital rewards (that I've purchased years ago) being on a 50% sale, when they should have been long removed is a huge slap on my face. I suppose there's no point in ever buying them again, because what am I even paying for honestly?

Edit: I'm still waiting for the day they will discount services though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Is this the first time ever that the current expansion is 50% off for black friday?
    Wasn't it 40% off a few weeks ago with no black friday?

15+ Year Old Account
    How about 50% off on paid services?
    This. It's even ridiculous that they are so expensive.

...Wait, so no 50% off for mounts >.<? Seriously? They did this every year.....It was all I wanted. Well no buying mounts for me this year...IRC BFA added like 4-5 new once.

That is why Blizzard is the best company of all. They not only make the most epic games but also give epic discounts so regularly! Long Live Blizzard! Long Live Ion!

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    That is why Blizzard is the best company of all. They not only make the most epic games but also give epic discounts so regularly! Long Live Blizzard! Long Live Ion!
    Still recovering from that last infraction man?

OT: Neat.