Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.

If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    You must be fun at parties... like the little kids crying for their moms... (before you say anything, I dont play classic and I dont use remote desktop apps)

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's against the ToS because that is called account sharing. You would go straight to jail for that.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    I used it.

Now with the information available to you figure out my account info and get it banned
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    You must be fun at parties... like the little kids crying for their moms... (before you say anything, I dont play classic and I dont use remote desktop apps)
    He's an idiot because there is no cloud gaming happening, which is why it isn't against ToS. Players are remotely accessing their PCs and launching the application, this is not against ToS. Playing Blizzard games while not at your computer is. It's a loophole, a technicality. The way he words it to the Blue is just to get the answer he wants, not to ban what he's actually mad about. I wish people would just let this thread die because at this point he's just a crybaby getting more and more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Great now we need the following information:

• Your account information
    • Your realm and toon name (Need to see if it interferes with OP logging in)
    • What you ate for breakfast
    • How often you do this
    • What you had for dinner last night
    • Lastly, what gifts you plan on buying this season.

This will help make sure the OP gets your banned swiftly. (Yes this whole post is sarcastic).
    I'll join the fun!

Account information: N/A

Your realm and toon name: Saradain, Argent Dawn EU/Saralyn, Zandalar Tribe EU

What you ate for breakfast: Cookies!

How often I do this: Cookies? Sometimes...Remote desktop logging in? Every day obviously, on OP's server, exactly during the time he tries to log in.

What you had for dinner last night: Tortillas!

Lastly, what gifts do you plan on buying this season: Now this is a hard one...Shadowlands Epic Edition for few people?

@Stormbreed Even if I did post a screenshot of a desktop, my desktop, with the remote access portrayed, while literally showing you my account details and passwords, my character and server...It still would not be enough evidence to perform any kind of action...But keep on dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Lastly, what gifts do you plan on buying this season: Now this is a hard one...Shadowlands Epic Edition for few people?
    Can I be your friend?
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He's an idiot because there is no cloud gaming happening, which is why it isn't against ToS. Players are remotely accessing their PCs and launching the application, this is not against ToS. Playing Blizzard games while not at your computer is. It's a loophole, a technicality. The way he words it to the Blue is just to get the answer he wants, not to ban what he's actually mad about. I wish people would just let this thread die because at this point he's just a crybaby getting more and more attention.
    Even for his blue post it doesn't even say it is a bannable offence it's full of mights and maybe's saying that the blue himself isn't sure he would just err on the side of caution.

I don't really see how using steam for remote play is bannable. you really can't do shit on it. It's really nice to be able to play in the car on a long drive. You're just a cuck if you want to take someones fun away because of some random bullshit that is not hurting anyone

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Even for his blue post it doesn't even say it is a bannable offence it's full of mights and maybe's saying that the blue himself isn't sure he would just err on the side of caution.
    The blue post is irrelevant because he's asking regarding something else entirely in his WoW forum post vs his mmo-c post.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Using remote desktop to enter a login queue is no different than asking someone to open up WoW for you while you're away from your computer. OP and anyone else who thinks that this is anywhere near a bannable offense (or even SHOULD be) is staggeringly ignorant. The GM who OP quotes not only doesn't say that remote desktop usage is against the ToS, but is in fact talking about cloud gaming, which is not the same thing as remote desktop. OP trying to be a badass narc and just looking pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Using remote desktop to enter a login queue is no different than asking someone to open up WoW for you while you're away from your computer. OP and anyone else who thinks that this is anywhere near a bannable offense (or even SHOULD be) is staggeringly ignorant. The GM who OP quotes not only doesn't say that remote desktop usage is against the ToS, but is in fact talking about cloud gaming, which is not the same thing as remote desktop. OP trying to be a badass narc and just looking pathetic.
    I guess having a friend open up WoW on your account could be considered "account sharing" ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re using your desktop as a third party server to stream game content to another device...
    Incorrect - you are using it to login, RDP is insufficient to stream game content, once you get in - your RDP session pretty much freezes.

That's been my experience.

When I wasn't working from home - I'd join the login queue on expansion launch days from work via RDP and hope when I got home it was good to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Using remote desktop to enter a login queue is no different than asking someone to open up WoW for you while you're away from your computer.
    That makes less than zero sense ... RDP is just a virtual extension cord to your PC, which you are using with no other person or service in between.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Great now we need the following information:

• Your account information: US/OC
    • Your realm and toon name (Need to see if it interferes with OP logging in): Yunaa, Yojambo (can also click my signature for added convenience)
    • What you ate for breakfast: 2 coffee's, raiding till 1am being in NZ and raiding with Australians takes its toll.
    • How often you do this: varying
    • What you had for dinner last night: Pizza and Tiramisu
    • Lastly, what gifts you plan on buying this season: Air Fryer for mum, no gifts for my wife and I as doing a month long holiday leaving Christmas day instead.

This will help make sure the OP gets your banned swiftly. (Yes this whole post is sarcastic).
    Answers included above.
    Thanks, I appreciate you taking to time to assist in the OPs crusade for justice.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    op taking names like
    Can we start a petition to change the OPs name or title to Randall?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I'll join the fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate you taking to time to assist in the OPs crusade for justice.
    Thank you for your responses! You can ensure that the OP will make sure that the swift hammer of justice is brought down on both of you. Look forward to your accounts being banned in the next 24 hours. The OP might be a bit busy at the moment, but do know that I'll be forwarding these reports to him.

I thank you for taking the time and participating in this as it is very beneficial to us to make sure everything is fair.

(Post was written with tons of sarcasm)

That's against the ToS because that is called account sharing. You would go straight to jail for that.
    No you wouldnt. Literally the only thing blizzard would do is ban you for a few days with a warning.

What are you 12?

Massive... facepalm...

And seriously, what's the big deal. These kind of things have been common in WoW for... ever?
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    No they didn’t. You can literally google this. Mark Kern said they were at 2500 the majority of their time but could be brought to 3000 if needed and John Staats said in The WoW Diary that they held up to 3000.
    I don't have to Google anything. What I stated is exactly what Blizzard stated when they raised the cap on Classic servers. By 1.12 the server cap in Vanilla was 5k.

The 2500-3000 figure they are talking about was before the cap increase.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2019-11-28 at 08:44 AM.

The me from a few months ago, that lay in bed with crippling fever bored out of their mind would be very happy if you did not ban anyone using remote desktop or similar tools.

I played WoW via SteamLink.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Are you also going to report people for asking their spouse to login for them while they are at work to minimize queue wait time?

Stormbreed it will never happen. Do you even know how remote desktop works? You connect to your home PC and run then wow. Wow sees you running that client from that pc's ip address and can't tell whether you are remoting in or not without scanning for software in memory or violating your privacy by checking network traffic (something Blizzard won't do because that translates to lawsuits).

Remote desktop is kinda slow for gaming anyway. Blizzard doesn't want people sharing accounts because they want the money from every subscription and purchase they can get so they threaten to ban when in reality they wouldn't. It's a tactic used to discourage people from doing it. Heck you could setup wow on a server or any other PC and with a fast enough internet connection (gigabit maybe more) you and your friends can remote in and take turns playing wow from anywhere (granted latency is not bad) by paying for only one account.

But then again, wow isn't expensive. It's only 15 a month. If you have internet and TV you shouldn't have an excuse for not being able to afford it. Go work lol.