Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just doing my moral responsibility and reporting in as a Remote Desktop user! Please ban me Stormbreed, my body is ready!

Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.

If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    Yeah. They told you that to hopefully sate your righteous indignation. It is 100% not against the ToS to use remote desktop to log in. Because it's not unattended gameplay. And no one is sitting at their desk waiting on the queue. They login and go do other shit while they wait. Also, there is zero ability for Blizzard to determine you were logging in via RD. ZERO.

Remote Desktop is not what's causing the queue. If no one uses RD to log in, guess what? You'd STILL have queue issues, just like now. And no one is playing via Remote Desktop. Have you ever tried? It would be more fun to chew, swallow and poop broken glass. Want to blame someone for the queue? Blame Blizzard. It's an issue they could have and should have solved.

And honestly? You reporting people that have used it to log in is just you being a salty fuck. Grow up and find better things to complain about.

UPDATE BLIZZ REPLIED

Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

"you might be treading very closely to this" - IRRELEVANT, NEXT!

I used the remote desktop to log in, I even logged in for my brother and he doesn't live with me. It holds your place in queue and boots the other client out if you log in again from any source.

Just ban anyone who logins in, much easier

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    RDP is just a virtual extension cord to your PC, which you are using with no other person or service in between.
    Oh there's someone there, you're just unaware
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    No, they would not have dropped to low pop. You have to remember that the pop kept increasing for the entirety of Vanilla. If you want a source, simply go back thru MMO-C.
    Ah just read the entire history of MMO-C? “Simply” lol just say you pulled something out of thin air bud.

Yes they would have dropped to low pop because that’s what would happen when they changed servers. Anyways I’ll take a team leader of vanilla WoW and the lead engineers word on the servers over yours. They said in vanilla WoW realms were at 2500 but could be turned up to 3000 if needed. If you actually had a source from someone at Blizzard said that otherwise I’d be extremely interested in seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Stormbreed you said you’re gonna get us banned for using it. So go head get me banned man. I confess. I used it for two weeks. I’ll await my judgement. Maybe get the cops involved too.

Wait, so you're reporting mmo-champion accounts for using remote desktop to login to WoW servers?

I'm... confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    back in wod when it was like this i would use my razer mouse to make me jump every 4 minutes so i wouldnt afk out
    THats what got my 100 wins in Wintergrasp back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh really - and they broke into my house just to watch me login to WOW and didn't bother nicking anything of value.

Be rational dude.

Boycotting Blizzard is like a lactose intolerant person boycotting milk purchases to protest about cruelty to cows, then eating his hamburger whilst doing so.
    If you want to protest against China - then do something meaningful and protest against China

DekuScrub#11110 get me banned. I did it. I used google Remote Desktop to log in at launch and a few weeks there after. You won’t mate.

Elemental Lord
    No they are not, the bit you quoted from the TOS refers to cloud computing, not remote control.

What good is reporting an MMO user account? Blizzard has no control over those...

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Ah just read the entire history of MMO-C? “Simply” lol just say you pulled something out of thin air bud.

Yes they would have dropped to low pop because that’s what would happen when they changed servers. Anyways I’ll take a team leader of vanilla WoW and the lead engineers word on the servers over yours. They said in vanilla WoW realms were at 2500 but could be turned up to 3000 if needed. If you actually had a source from someone at Blizzard said that otherwise I’d be extremely interested in seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Stormbreed you said you’re gonna get us banned for using it. So go head get me banned man. I confess. I used it for two weeks. I’ll await my judgement. Maybe get the cops involved too.
    Again, that 2500-3000 figure was before they raised the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Wait, so you're reporting mmo-champion accounts for using remote desktop to login to WoW servers?

I'm... confused.
    You and me both. Im mostly amused tho.
    I wont go into details since that will probably lead to an infraction

I honestly don't know how this can be against the ToS. I mean, this literally not really different from me, at college, sending a message to my roommate asking him to log in to WoW for me, so the queue timer starts rolling while I finish my classes for the day and commute back home.

Remote access only eliminates the middleman (in this example: my roommate) from the equation.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

The amount of people here LARPing about knowing anything about computers or how they work is hilarious...
    It was a really great thread full of uneducated morons who think you would actually get banned using RDP. Not only that, nonsensical people claiming "No hardware interrupts"...Literally morons.

11/10 thread, would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    DekuScrub#11110 get me banned. I did it. I used google Remote Desktop to log in at launch and a few weeks there after. You won’t mate.
    Oh snap!
    /popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Again, that 2500-3000 figure was before they raised the cap.
    Yeah you keep saying that without giving a source. Again. Because as I will point out Staats and Kern NEVER mentioned the cap raising in vanilla. I can provide sources for them telling us the cap in vanilla. You can’t give a source for the mysterious rise that no one seems to be aware of but you. So yeah gonna go with what the lead WoW engineer and a team leader says, vanilla server cap was 2500-3000. I’ll wait to see if you get some evidence to show otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Yes we're aware some people are conspiracy theorists and are paranoid/delusional. You don't need to demonstrate.