Thread: Spy Classic!?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Spy Classic!?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/spy-classic

Why does this exist? Yes, the new client supports the new combat log, but that combat log didn't exist in Classic and so this addon shouldn't exist.
    And no, I don't care as I don't PvP. Still it's garbage because it's not Vanilla-like.

Blizz may have said "No changes", but the Addon community exists to create stuff that isn't in the base game. That's why they're called addons.

They haven't been banned in retail and unless you're going to ban every addon that wasn't around pre-TBC, you achieve squat. Make peace with it and enjoy being ganked.
    Last edited by WhoopDeeDo; 2019-11-18 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    combat log didn't exist in Classic
    This is wrong. There was combat log which registered all actions around you and you could write this addon back then.

5+ Year Old Account

Why does this exist? Yes, the new client supports the new combat log, but that combat log didn't exist in Classic and so this addon shouldn't exist.
    And no, I don't care as I don't PvP. Still it's garbage because it's not Vanilla-like.
    What are you talking about?
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

The app is great and only serves to make classic world pvp even more fun. I've been able to keep track of 'rivals' and people who have ganked me whilst levelling up in an attempt to return the favour. Rather than taking anything away from the game, Spy actually adds to the social experience of classic and makes it even more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may now have a reason to go back to Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    This is wrong. There was combat log which registered all actions around you and you could write this addon back then.
    Yup, indeed.

Worst/best addon ever. It's ruinning the game but you can't play without him.

When you are ganking and want to suprise enemy is awfull because they see you coming, and when you are alone is awsome because you can avoid huge ganking parties.

But to make it fair to everyone they should remove that addon from game. And if people want to ravenge they should just make addon "Your were killed by (enemy player name) do you want to black list him?"

Do like me when it warns me about enemies.

-Cling. A mage lvl xx- Gets ready for some pvp fight.

Or sometimes

-Cling hunter
    -Cling rogue
    -Cling priest

In that case

ALT+F4
    Goes back watching YouTube videos (nobble87
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

The only thing that addon has that wasn't possible in the old client is the warning when the rogue stealths. Even that I'm not sure it wasn't possible.

I had 2 addons in pservers that were very similar. One of them listed nearby hostile players and the second one was called npcscan, you could add names to a list and it would give you a warning when they were nearby. As the name implies it worked on npcs too

You are absolutely right OP, and all the absolute glue sniffing dogs in the comments saying this addon isnt trash for the game is just flat out wrong. none of u seem to understand why its fucking terrible tho, it's terrible because people run, all the time without even seeing you, they hear a beep and they Yeet straight back to where they came from. it removes the ability to hide and scout, it straight up ruins an entire dimension of Wpvp.

#nochanges

Everything was possible back then already, just that people weren't this good at lua-programming back then. You also can't remove the skill people have to oneshot every encounter in MC, so you can't remove the skill people have with the lua too.

This is what i love of some people in the classic-community: screaming #nochanges, but when there is something that doesn't fit into their view of classic, even if it existed or was possible in classic, then they are the first who scream #BANORCHANGEITNOW!!!
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-11-18 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    You are absolutely right OP, and all the absolute glue sniffing dogs in the comments saying this addon isnt trash for the game is just flat out wrong. none of u seem to understand why its fucking terrible tho, it's terrible because people run, all the time without even seeing you, they hear a beep and they Yeet straight back to where they came from. it removes the ability to hide and scout, it straight up ruins an entire dimension of Wpvp.
    You can still hide and scout even when it is in game. You cant just be as mindless as you've been able to be before.

The addon only shows you if you show up on combat log. Simply running with your mount does not put you on combat log.

Unless the opponent has track humanoids or is priest, you can still hide.
    How effective it is, depends on the area. If you're on salt flats on 10k needles, you don't have many places to hide. Searing gorge has better changes.

People are way more willing to attack now because honor is enabled. They're on lookout for opponents all the time, regardless of this addon or not. So no, people aren't just gona "run past you" like they did on phase 1 and 1.5.

Spy is a massive Nerf to hunters in pvp. Completely guts a core class ability in tracking by giving it to every other player. Also makes aspect of the beast useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Worst addon ever - cos its a shitty addon that diminish the game experience due to early warning

Best addon ever - cos due to lag in current wpvp you barely see the red name /nameplate before you are stuck in a frost nova or charged
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was available in classic under a different name afaik, thus its available now. Its just more widespread sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    This was available in classic under a different name afaik, thus its available now. Its just more widespread sadly.
    VanasKoS could detect people farther away and target them in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    You can still hide and scout even when it is in game. You cant just be as mindless as you've been able to be before.

The addon only shows you if you show up on combat log. Simply running with your mount does not put you on combat log.

Unless the opponent has track humanoids or is priest, you can still hide.
    How effective it is, depends on the area. If you're on salt flats on 10k needles, you don't have many places to hide. Searing gorge has better changes.

People are way more willing to attack now because honor is enabled. They're on lookout for opponents all the time, regardless of this addon or not. So no, people aren't just gona "run past you" like they did on phase 1 and 1.5.
    that just isn't true, running with ur mount definitely gets u spotted, have you never used the addon? everyone has passive buffs being applied etc that puts them on the Spy, just by running. you can 100% never hide anywhere, and people are not way more willing to attack, currently on Gehennas-EU and we're fighting for scraps here, Apes etc all of them fucking dodging hardcore.

Combat log in vanilla:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeeDo View Post
    Blizz may have said "No changes", but the Addon community exists to create stuff that isn't in the base game. That's why they're called addons.

They haven't been banned in retail and unless you're going to ban every addon that wasn't around pre-TBC, you achieve squat. Make peace with it and enjoy being ganked.
    member when blizzard said they will break lfd addon in classic

i member

and its almost december

and nothing happened

same will be with spy addon