Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    back in wod when it was like this i would use my razer mouse to make me jump every 4 minutes so i wouldnt afk out
    THats what got my 100 wins in Wintergrasp back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh there's someone there, you're just unaware
    Oh really - and they broke into my house just to watch me login to WOW and didn't bother nicking anything of value.

Be rational dude.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

DekuScrub#11110 get me banned. I did it. I used google Remote Desktop to log in at launch and a few weeks there after. You won’t mate.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    As the title states, anyone doing this is break TOS and should be banned.
    No they are not, the bit you quoted from the TOS refers to cloud computing, not remote control.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What good is reporting an MMO user account? Blizzard has no control over those...

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Ah just read the entire history of MMO-C? “Simply” lol just say you pulled something out of thin air bud.

Yes they would have dropped to low pop because that’s what would happen when they changed servers. Anyways I’ll take a team leader of vanilla WoW and the lead engineers word on the servers over yours. They said in vanilla WoW realms were at 2500 but could be turned up to 3000 if needed. If you actually had a source from someone at Blizzard said that otherwise I’d be extremely interested in seeing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Stormbreed you said you’re gonna get us banned for using it. So go head get me banned man. I confess. I used it for two weeks. I’ll await my judgement. Maybe get the cops involved too.
    Again, that 2500-3000 figure was before they raised the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Wait, so you're reporting mmo-champion accounts for using remote desktop to login to WoW servers?

I'm... confused.
    You and me both. Im mostly amused tho.
    I wont go into details since that will probably lead to an infraction

I honestly don't know how this can be against the ToS. I mean, this literally not really different from me, at college, sending a message to my roommate asking him to log in to WoW for me, so the queue timer starts rolling while I finish my classes for the day and commute back home.

Remote access only eliminates the middleman (in this example: my roommate) from the equation.

The amount of people here LARPing about knowing anything about computers or how they work is hilarious...
    It was a really great thread full of uneducated morons who think you would actually get banned using RDP. Not only that, nonsensical people claiming "No hardware interrupts"...Literally morons.

11/10 thread, would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    If you are doing it, please speak up so I can report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    DekuScrub#11110 get me banned. I did it. I used google Remote Desktop to log in at launch and a few weeks there after. You won’t mate.
    Oh snap!
    /popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Again, that 2500-3000 figure was before they raised the cap.
    Yeah you keep saying that without giving a source. Again. Because as I will point out Staats and Kern NEVER mentioned the cap raising in vanilla. I can provide sources for them telling us the cap in vanilla. You can’t give a source for the mysterious rise that no one seems to be aware of but you. So yeah gonna go with what the lead WoW engineer and a team leader says, vanilla server cap was 2500-3000. I’ll wait to see if you get some evidence to show otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh there's someone there, you're just unaware
    Yes we're aware some people are conspiracy theorists and are paranoid/delusional. You don't need to demonstrate.

I've used it in the past and there is no way that Blizzard could tell the difference.

At least it's not bad as my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Oh snap!
    /popcorn
    Bluff called - watch a whole lot of nothing happen!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Bluff called - watch a whole lot of nothing happen!
    It’s been a few hours, can confirm. Hoes mad cuz they can’t do shit XD

It specifically states the unauthorized use of the service. So I imagine if it's authorized and not pirated it's fine to use.

will the OP ever come back to the thread he started?

I guess being annihilated and proven wrong has made him quit.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You sure? They’re pretty adamant about not using things to relay inputs to their client. That’s exactly what a remote desktop is allowing you to do...

- - - Updated - - -

ROFLMAO. It’s hilarious you think a PC can’t act as a server. As it does when doing things like remote desktop.
    That's not a server. It's relaying, yes, but that's not what a server is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you keep saying that without giving a source. Again. Because as I will point out Staats and Kern NEVER mentioned the cap raising in vanilla. I can provide sources for them telling us the cap in vanilla. You can’t give a source for the mysterious rise that no one seems to be aware of but you. So yeah gonna go with what the lead WoW engineer and a team leader says, vanilla server cap was 2500-3000. I’ll wait to see if you get some evidence to show otherwise though.
    Blue posts in August and September stated they raised the cap to something like 30,000 players

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    That's not a server. It's relaying, yes, but that's not what a server is.

- - - Updated - - -

Blue posts in August and September stated they raised the cap to something like 30,000 players
    Yeah I'm talking about back in the day with vanilla servers. There was never a vanilla server with 5000 players muchless 30,000 lol. That would have broke everyones computers back then, lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Yeah I'm talking about back in the day with vanilla servers. There was never a vanilla server with 5000 players muchless 30,000 lol. That would have broke everyones computers back then, lol.
    If you were unfortunate enough to be in a capital city.