Poll: Do you want to kill Sylvanas in Shadowlands

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Kind of random question, but would you like for the Burning Legion to return and become a playable third faction, and include things like Eredar, evil undead, maybe fel orcs or some other stuff?
    Yes. I would love to play eredar warlock.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rather she gets imprisoned like an Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I want her to die, couldn't care who does it. Though I think Genn is the most deserving and would be a very satisfying end to his character arc
    I think Genn dying of old age would also be very satisfying considering how long he lives.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They did that to Lich King, Illidan and Sargeras. Why not here?
    No they didn't (well, except for Illidan). They just gave LK and Sargeras a twisted version of a benevolent *motivation*. Having a vaguely sympathetic end-goal doesn't make you "redeemed" or anything other than evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Except for how this logic when applied to AvH has the horde supporting a nation that has deliberately acted to end them on multiple occasions...

Anduin might be "good" but he keeps poor company and aiding that company smacks of betrayal even more so, IMO.
    I mean, diplomacy (especially when it's needed due to a greater threat) isn't a bad thing. Aka, trying to become allies with your former enemy.

And i'm not sure what you mean by Anduin keeping poor company. Tyrande and Genn have legitimate reasons for their actions, did you see what Sylvanas did to Teldrassil? Did you see what she did to Gilneas? Both of which were "preemptive" unprovoked attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I feel like Genn is gonna be the next big hero to die, something about his story just feels close to an end - him dying killing Sylvanas would be a satisfying end for both characters in my view
    Him killing Sylvanas would be stupid as hell as he couldn't even scratch her the last time they fought and since then she's been drinking Maw juju every chance she's got. If Saurfang was no threat to her neither is Genn.

I think Genn dying of old age would also be very satisfying considering how long he lives.
    Or Genn dying because some other humans left him to die like he did to Lordaeronians.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-01-10 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Him killing Sylvanas would be stupid as hell as he couldn't even scratch her the last time they fought and since then she's been drinking Maw juju every chance she's got. If Saurfang was no threat to her neither is Genn.

Or Genn dying because some other humans left him to die like he did to Lordaeronians.
    If Genn killed her it would of course not be in 1-on-1 combat with Sylvanas at her full power. It would most likely be something similar to when Tirion attacks Arthas (Lich King) after the raid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If Genn killed her it would of course not be in 1-on-1 combat with Sylvanas at her full power. It would most likely be something similar to when Tirion attacks Arthas (Lich King) after the raid fight.
    So, a deus ex machina? Not really doing any favors to @bennet's claim on how this would be a satisfying end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So, a deus ex machina? Not really doing any favors to @bennet's claim on how this would be a satisfying end.
    It could be. Let’s say Sylvanas and Genn fights 1-on-1 and she badly wounds him (deathly). Then we come, the raiders, and fights Sylvanas until she is injured. Genn then summons his final strength and deal the final blow to an extremely crippled Sylvanas. He then dies, a hero, from his wounds.

This is of course a very simple version, but I’m just saying that it could happen somewhat this way. It’s not impossible.

Personally, I would find it satisfying for Sylvanas to die this way.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-01-10 at 02:52 PM.

I wish she died off screen so we don't have to hear about her anymore.
    Honestly, she has outstayed her villain welcome by far too long.

I hope Arthas gets to kill her off again. Just for the lol aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I mean, diplomacy (especially when it's needed due to a greater threat) isn't a bad thing. Aka, trying to become allies with your former enemy.
    This is true... but a point that gets brought up very improperly in the course of events.

People like to flip flop on whether it's worth pursuing diplomacy with some very apparent bias.

And i'm not sure what you mean by Anduin keeping poor company.
    I would look to the battle for lordaeron cutscene as a decent example. He walks in to denounce Sylvanas for her crimes... with an entourage of people all guilty of their own crimes against the faction he's attacking. Alleria with her accidental triggering of void invasion and aiding enemies of Quel'thalas. Genn, assassination attempt and his own personal war in the face of Legion invasion. Jaina... Purge, attempted destruction of Orgrimmar... All of them had their own "crimes" they will never be punished for and Anduin shows up in all his righteous glory to choose to condemn someone else.

Tyrande and Genn have legitimate reasons for their actions, did you see what Sylvanas did to Teldrassil? Did you see what she did to Gilneas? Both of which were "preemptive" unprovoked attacks.
    A fun note. Sylvanas didn't order the invasion of Gilneas. People are quick to remember she lead it. But Her part in Gilneas was the same as Saurfang's in Teldrassil. That said, Genn Hijacking the Alliance's Military to ignore his stated orders and go on a wanton killing spree YEARS LATER is still not justified because it's not his forces in on the attack... not his people... just his vengeance. This is further sullied by the fact that he abandoned his post to continue his hunt alone.

Another thing. When I say poor company, I don't just mean his allies who are or have gone off the rails in anger or vengeance... I also refer to his various associates who do dirty work for the alliance and it's just ignored or kept under wraps. Diplomatic strategies that amount to surrender or die, or "no witnesses" out in the wilds... Tyrande isn't the problem I typically would refer to, but someone closer to home.

Also the whole Dazar'alor thing, invading and sacking the city to force terms. Real shit show all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's not up to us to decide considering that said forces try to exterminate us before they attempt to molest the titan baby inside the planet. We're in this together whenever you like it or not.
    I disagree. IT is actually a good point to form a proper divide on and actually discuss. We (the entities on Azeroth) already seem to be of the opinion we CAN harm Azeroth and might actually be capable of leaving it to die out through some means. The ramifications of the loss, however, are mostly just rergarded as we're not supposed to think of that option. Sort of like how we aren't supposed to tell Thanos about doubling the resources of the universe with the infinity stones.

No titan baby? old gods don't care about the planet, titans still protect the life they created, void lords and Sargeras' legion lose interest in the planet. Legion might still try to recruit us, but we've kicked their shit in enough that they aren't that big an issue anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm still not convinced. Blizzard have went through an exceptional amount of effort to make us hate Sylvanas by this point. I think that's for the straightforward reason of being able to kill her off in Shadowlands with less rioting. Contrast: Illidan, who was still venerated years later to the point they decided to just un-kill him and reinstate his antihero status.
    Idk, the other day I was replaying the SC2 campaign, and it came the cutscene where a dying soldier chides a re-Zergified Kerrigan for laying waste to the planet, calling her out for her delusions of "doing the right thing" for Humanity and even tells her "you aren't even human anymore". Fast forward, and we have a Queen B1tch of the Universe, but no longer self-styled this time.

It did have an eerie reminiscence of what's been transpiring in another Blizzard game, can't recall what it's called...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Nah, I'm hoping for some kind of "mind control" where she wasn't doing what she's done willingly
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Imagine him joining Forsaken.

No, I feel that Shadowlands is far too late. I wanted to kill "Sylvanas" the moment the world tree burned. A mercy kill, after Blizzard butchered the character and once again ruined a Horde Warchief.

I don't care much. I'd rather kill her sniveling, annoying sidekick to be honest.

Tbh, Sylvanas is going to be removed by 9.1 at the latest, im calling it because I have a feeling that just like BFA they're doing that 9.1 is the final part of the expansion with 9.2+9.3 building up to the next thing.

And that next thing issss:?

Elune.

Im calling it now, Tyrande kills Sylvanas 9.1, goes crazy, Elune unleashes her power to break into the shadowlands (the light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all) which will lead to us fighting the light/void in the next expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Imagine him joining Forsaken.
    Calla has taken over, he will feel just like at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I feel like they are just gonna make her outsmart the ancient all powerful jailer because she's Sylvanus and reveal that she wasn't that bad the whole time because she's Sylvanus and then we all worship her because she's Sylvanus.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want her to have a self-sacrificing redemption.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Calla has taken over, he will feel just like at home.
    Yes. To be honest, we only need dead Varian to lead.