Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    400 is stupidly low...

    I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    400 is stupidly low...

    I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.
    Its not any higher than 385 benthic gear. You prolly get higher than 400 gear if you play the assaults and do the new scenario for the cloak just like you can upgrade your benthic gear now if you do nazjatar content.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    You mean you're not doing mythics anymore? How could you be 430-440 without raiding or mythics?
    Not doing them regularly that is.
    Maybe 1 mythic every two-three months. Also being somewhat lucky with titanforging. Never raided anything higher than LFR

    Edit: Was longer since I logged in than I remembered.

    My chars are 420-430. Not 430-440.

    Still... 400 doesnt feel that amazing.
    Especially if you are active doing raids and mythics regularly...
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2019-11-28 at 11:05 PM.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,391
    Don't really care about the items. What's the point if you have to grind essencess all over again for each and every alt without anything being really sped up.

  5. #25
    400 gear is good for freshly dinged alts, though it will feel like a slight upgrade over benthic gear. Hopefully they will increase it to 410 or 415. I wish they gave us proper catch up weapons aswell.

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,909
    400 item level seems too low for 8.3 catch-up gear.

    • The tokens are armor and slot specific.
    RIP bag space.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destro/Demo Yin - WW/MW Yolis - Vengeance

  7. #27
    Adding more junk to the amusement park...
    Their desperation for retail players is showing so hard.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    400 gear is good for freshly dinged alts, though it will feel like a slight upgrade over benthic gear. Hopefully they will increase it to 410 or 415. I wish they gave us proper catch up weapons aswell.
    Should just log in to fresh toons in full raid gear right? I mean why not?

  8. #28
    Imagine the horror if these tokens could Corrupt.
    "Hello rolling this stupid 400ilvl trinket token 312 times to get the right one of 9 combos, with the right tier 3 corruption affix!" /s

    Hyperbole aside, 400ilvl seems okay. In theory, your alt dings 120, has all 400ilvl gear; in a world where Mythic 0 is 430. It catches you up to queue heroic 5mans if you're an ultra casual.
    Realistically I'll just mail every token to my Warlock for enchanting mats :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As if the horde faction imbalance could be worse now we have floofy foxes

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    Adding more junk to the amusement park...
    Their desperation for retail players is showing so hard.
    How is adding catchup gear showing "their desperation for retail"?

  10. #30
    ugh why items for every armor type instead of just for one specific slot? 4 times as many items to farm/hold.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    I hope they drop as much as the Timeless Isle ones did. I need some for the 12 new 120’s I have thanks to the anniversary AV
    I wanted to say the same xd

    Atm Im using benthic gear + 380 weapon/rings from Hillsbrad AV vendor .

    I stopped doing emissaries/wqs/islands/anything...just spamming AV and sometimes dungeons using party sync (gives a lot of exp aswell)

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    How is adding catchup gear showing "their desperation for retail"?
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  13. #33
    Even ignoring the oddly low ilevel, going from Benthic's armourless tokens to armour specific tokens is kinda a backwards step.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
    oh I know. I just wanted to hear his response :P

  15. #35
    when i hover over the armor, they show ilvl 410 and 415 for the azerite gear

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Not doing them regularly that is.
    Maybe 1 mythic every two-three months. Also being somewhat lucky with titanforging. Never raided anything higher than LFR

    Edit: Was longer since I logged in than I remembered.

    My chars are 420-430. Not 430-440.

    Still... 400 doesnt feel that amazing.
    Especially if you are active doing raids and mythics regularly...
    thats why its called catchup lol,if you are doing raids and mythics ofc you wont need this,these items are great for fresh 120's or people who come back after a few patches,my uldir characters will get some big upgrades from these

  17. #37
    I'm excited to get the raid lfr appearances without having to set foot in lfr.

  18. #38
    I mean, you can get 400 ilevel pretty easy for alts if they get to nazjatar. I guess this just makes it easier. Glad to see trinkets and rings included though. Hated not having that for the current set. Just wish we could get another place like 2.0 for this type of deal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    400 is stupidly low...

    I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.
    That is true. Compared to what the ilevel is going to be, it is very low. Just barely LFR eternal palace ilevel. Wont be good for catch up gear
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats why its called catchup lol,if you are doing raids and mythics ofc you wont need this,these items are great for fresh 120's or people who come back after a few patches,my uldir characters will get some big upgrades from these
    But thats the point. If someone lvl an alt it wont be caught up to their raiding/mythic-chars ilvl.

    It wont even be caught up to my chars thats not doing raiding/mythics. Its too low of a ”catch up”

    Lol...

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Because some people don't know that catch-up gear has been in the game since TBC, some people would argue that vanilla also had that. It's more that people are desperate to talk shit about retail at every opportunity they get. Even when it makes no sense like this.
    There was no catchup gear in TBC.
    They started it in WotLK with 3 new dungeons that were added with ICC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •