Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 8.3 PTR - BoA Item Level 400 Catch Up Gear, Brawl Change to Arathi Blizzard

Patch 8.3 PTR - Bind on Account Item Level 400 Catch Up Gear
    Currently on the PTR, it has been discovered that catch up gear has been added in a manner similar to Argus and Timeless Isle. As you venture into Assaults in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossom, you will notice blue gear tokens will drop. Here is what we know so far:

PvP Brawl Changed to Arathi Blizzard
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In order to fix a technical issue preventing players from leaving the Comp Stomp brawl, we’re changing the brawl over to Arathi Blizzard for the rest of this week.

We plan to then run a week of Comp Stomp starting Tuesday (Dec. 3).

Sorry for the mix-up!

Cool way to gear up fast your alts ! but imo a weap slot token would be good too

What is it with them and not allowing a weapon catch-up gear slot...?
    Makes me miss Legion Artifacts even more, I have to say.

I hope they drop as much as the Timeless Isle ones did. I need some for the 12 new 120’s I have thanks to the anniversary AV

400 is completely pathetic. You can gear up better in Nazjatar which belongs to the previous patch.

Not sure why we would need catch-up gear at all. We already have professions, why not let them craft the catchup gear?

Quote Originally Posted by HerrGrim View Post
    Not sure why we would need catch-up gear at all. We already have professions, why not let them craft the catchup gear?
    For some, this is prohibitively expensive... especially on less populated servers. It's free gear, I really can't see a whole lot of downsides to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthonion1 View Post
    400 is completely pathetic. You can gear up better in Nazjatar which belongs to the previous patch.
    The gear isn’t to catch up to the current raid. It’s so you can use the gear to catch up for alts in general or for newer players.

Also. I am pretty sure there will be some kind of upgrades to them.

I've never been a fan of catch-up gear, but with the huge increase in ilvl every patch due to having 4 raid difficulties, it has to exist.

The gear may be ilvl 400 ingame, but hovering over the tokens on the front page lists them at ilvl 410 (non-azerite) and 415 (azerite)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Curious whether it'll be possible to somehow upgrade them a bit like the benthic? And why there's no weapons issued??

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Weapon is the first conquest cap, doesn't take much effort. Just get a supply every day and you're mostly done.

But you actually need to get your Alts into there. These you can collect on a main, and mail to your alts, and instant ilvl 400.
    The base tokens in Nazjatar are only 385, and you need to farm pearls - on your alt - to upgrade them.

This gear definitely serves a purpose to quickly equip a freshly leveled 120. If you want to go to Nazjatar and farm pearls, you can still do that, or you can go to the 8.3 events and get better gear there as well.

For benthic gear to be better you have to farm 240 pearls with the alt you want to use it with. 160 pearls to be even. So yeah, benthic can be better but I for one am thoroughly sick of farming pearls, I am not setting foot into Nazjatar in patch 8.3 at all anymore.

I feel like this is old, why do I already know about this gear? I think it was on wowhead a while ago

- - - Updated - - -

Also I wonder why they abandoned the one token for all armor slots style from benthic gear?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

All my chars are 430-440 and im not even raiding or doing mythics.
    400 seems a bit low for a ”Catch Up” if it doesnt even _catch up_ to low effort geared chars...

Not impressed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with this QQ about weapons, just do invasion and grab some airdrops and you get a weapon from conquest. Also fuck different armor type catch up gear, it will just fill inventories.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-11-28 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    All my chars are 430-440 and im not even raiding or doing mythics.
    400 seems a bit low for a ”Catch Up” if it doesnt even _catch up_ to low effort geared chars...

Not impressed!
    You mean you're not doing mythics anymore? How could you be 430-440 without raiding or mythics?

Quote Originally Posted by HerrGrim View Post
    Cause of greedy players who play the AH

400 is stupidly low...

I have only played retail the 1 month at nazjatar/mechagon release in the past year and i have 8 alts all between 410-420. I havent done a single m+ or raided Eternal Palace higher than LFR.