Question Best outlaw rotation

Hi Guys,

I've been playing wow for the last 8 years as a Prot pal or as a resto shaman.
    I decided to level a new Alt that I really enjoy playing (Outlaw Rogue)

I am able to finish in the top of the meter on most fight but they're is something I can't figure out if it's optimal or not regarding roll the bones.

I noticed that the 2 best buff you want to get are Ruthless protection & Grand melee.

My question is, are you guys using you combo point on damage finishing moves with a random buff or spamming Roll the bones as long as you get one or both of the optimal buffs?
    Secondo, At how many combo points do you roll the bones ? Should I always wait to be full ( I have the 6 CP talent skill) or just spam at like 3-4 to get the best buffs.

Thanks for your answers!

I'd recommend looking up the Outlaw Rogue guide on Ravenholdt (the class discord name), but you ultimately have a priority order:

- (highest priority) Roll the Bones ("RtB"), if you have no RtB buffs, or your buffs are about to expire (< 3s) and BtE won't be off of cooldown in time to benefit from them
    - Between the Eyes ("BtE"), assuming you have at least 1 trait in Deadshot or Ace, or if you have Ruthless Precision ("RP") up
    - Roll the Bones if you have a subpar single buff
    - (lowest priority) Dispatch, assuming BtE is on cooldown and you have ideal buffs.

It gets a bit more complicated if you're running with the Loaded Dice talent; I'm just giving you the basic prio system assuming that you're running with Alacrity.

Edit: Missed these questions, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlilodavex View Post
    My question is, are you guys using you combo point on damage finishing moves with a random buff or spamming Roll the bones as long as you get one or both of the optimal buffs?
    Follow the priority above, but you stop rerolling until you get solo RP, or more than 1 buff (generally). Grand Melee ("GM") you can also keep for survivability reasons, but for single-target when you're not taking damage, you generally reroll it (sometimes I'll just keep it if I'm on a bad streak of rerolling).

So the order (specifically for single-target!) goes: 5-buff > "Good" 2-buff (RP+GM, RP+any, or GM+any) > RP > GM >= "Meh" 2-buff (No RP or GM) >= Reroll anything else

Note: If using Blade Flurry (which you should as soon as you can cleave to just a second target) and you have 1 point in Keep Your Wits About You (you absolutely should have 1 point here at all times), Skull & Crossbones is essentially a -1 buff, so if you have 2 buffs and 1 of them is S&C, you only have "1" buff since S&C does nothing with Wits. S&C+RP during Blade Flurry is (mostly) the same as just having solo RP. On single-target, S&C isn't nearly as bad (though it's still generally the worst buff).

Quote Originally Posted by xlilodavex View Post
    Secondo, At how many combo points do you roll the bones ? Should I always wait to be full ( I have the 6 CP talent skill) or just spam at like 3-4 to get the best buffs.
    You always spend the same amount of CP regardless of which finisher you're doing, which generally is max CP, except for certain scenarios (these are also in the Ravenholdt guide I linked earlier). These scenarios are if you have the Broadsides RtB buff or if you have a free Pistol Shot proc available, as both scenarios will give 2 CP instead of 1 (3 if you have both). In this scenario, you can use a finisher (including RtB) at 4 or 5 CP (4 if no Deeper Stratagem, 5 if using it). DO NOT use your Opportunity (free Pistol Shot) proc if you are 1 CP away from max CP, and DO NOT use Sinister Strike if you're 1 CP away from max CP if you have Broadsides. Use a finisher instead. It doesn't matter if it's RtB, BtE, or Dispatch, just use it instead, then continue your rotation.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-12-02 at 03:23 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

it's still valid For an only M+ player?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    A bit late to the party, but depends on how fast things die. Usually I think you just roll once and go with that buff. Rest is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    Carrying CP from one pack to another to RTB before the pack is also helpful. You dont need a 5-6cp roll, if you 3cp and get a decent roll you'll be more than fine for the next pack. Outside of BtE, outlaw doesn't hit really hard, so it's not like your finishers are killing off multiple mobs, you'll likely have a few cp in the bank.

Edit: Forget to mention that you don't want to be RtB during blade flurry.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2019-12-13 at 05:56 PM.