Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Covenant Druid Cat Skins (Fan made)

Hi y'all! So I saw the Kyrian mount, and wanted Covenant druid skins, so I designed some.

For reference, this is the Kyrian mount:

Here's what I came up with:

Link for bigger resolution: https://i.imgur.com/X1DPVRx.jpg

Kyrian: Based it off the Gilded Prowler mount that was used in the Bastion demo, which was an armoured version of a regular mob in the zone. And then gilded claws because, you know, reasons.

Night Fae: Based primarily off the stag form shown for Spirit Shapeshifty thing (I'm not good with names).

Necrolords: I thought this one would be rough, but after looking at the Drust area screepcaps in Ardenweald, I looked at the Kul Tiran cat forms and went from there. I was going to add roots, but that felt like it imposed too much on the Kul Tiran forms, so I made it sinewy and boney.

Venthyr: Did you know zero screenshots exist of 4-legged Revendreth mobs? I looked everywhere and only found gargoyles and vampires, so I decided to go with the Venthyr themselves. Personally it's the weakest of the designs to my thinking, but if anyone's got suitable suggestions, I'm open to hear them!

--

EDIT:

Some edits as per suggestions:

- Bat-like face for Venthyr model:

- Added spines for Necrolords model:

- Antlers for the Night Fae, because why not:

EDIT 3.18.20:

I decided to try a design at a Kyrian flight form idea; I was 100% lazier though and decided to draw it as a concept rather than trying to stick to WoW's models.

I was originally thinking of a dove/swallow-tailed kite idea, which I'm still partial to due to the split tail that I think would fit the weirdly long eyebrow game Blizz likes to give elves and owls, and I might still draw something along those lines. But I ended up going with an owl look since Bastion has those little owl dudes.

Slightly bigger resolution: https://i.imgur.com/Se6ePLa.jpg

Might do more in the future, dunno! I'm just chomping at the bit for SL content so I decided to play with this idea again.

EDIT 4.2.20:

- Maldraxxus spider thingy. I'm very bad at typing explanations, have this weird thing:

Last edited by Delmorii; 2020-04-03 at 02:24 AM.

Wow! This is amazing. Kudos to you!

It would be amazing if blizz made this happen.

Suggestion for venthyr: could make it look more bat like.

Damn. Where do I sign?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's tight as fuck!

Nice job! Really well done.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Thanks y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    Suggestion for venthyr: could make it look more bat like.
    Oh, very true! I'll have to think on that one and figure out how to make a batcat hybrid; maybe mess with the tail and face the most, as it still has to adhere to the cat skeleton. I did think of if they used the slimmer cat model for it to give it a gaunter look compared to the rest, too, so it wouldn't have a huge mane and would be more readily recognisable as the "vampire cat".

Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    Thanks y'all!

Oh, very true! I'll have to think on that one and figure out how to make a batcat hybrid; maybe mess with the tail and face the most, as it still has to adhere to the cat skeleton. I did think of if they used the slimmer cat model for it to give it a gaunter look compared to the rest, too, so it wouldn't have a huge mane and would be more readily recognisable as the "vampire cat".
    I love you.
    Why don't you have a profile picture? You have a talent.
    Could the Venthyr remind you of Hyoudou Issei though? Haha.

That is pretty sweet. I want this! Necrolords skin is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    I love you.
    Why don't you have a profile picture? You have a talent.
    Could the Venthyr remind you of Hyoudou Issei though? Haha.
    Lol thank you! & I don't have one because I keep forgetting to set one, I probably will at some point. I actually forgot this account even existed until I tried to make one & it said my email was already in use, so, there's that too lol.

As for Hyoudou Issei, I didn't know who that was so I had to google them, and yeah, I can definitely see the similarities, oops. I based the armour off the Venthyr player armour we get (limited sampling as we got) and the gradient solely so it wasn't a grey cat that got armour strapped to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That is pretty sweet. I want this! Necrolords skin is my favorite.
    Thanks! If I've got more time, I might play with them more; maybe make the spine visible and adding armour to the Necrolords one, seeing as they're supposed to be the Shadowland's military. If I do that though I'll just add the adjusted images to the OP.

That's so good! Blizzard should pay you and use those

You say the venthyr one is the weakest one when it comes to the design, but I think that looks very Venthyr like. Love the longer teeth

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Venthyr one could have armor on the back legs too? And like other people said, more bat like. Other than that of them are great!
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    Hi y'all! So I saw the Kyrian mount, and wanted Covenant druid skins, so I designed some.

For reference, this is the Kyrian mount:

Here's what I came up with:

Link for bigger resolution: https://i.imgur.com/X1DPVRx.jpg

Kyrian: Based it off the Gilded Prowler mount that was used in the Bastion demo, which was an armoured version of a regular mob in the zone. And then gilded claws because, you know, reasons.

Night Fae: Based primarily off the stag form shown for Spirit Shapeshifty thing (I'm not good with names).

Necrolords: I thought this one would be rough, but after looking at the Drust area screepcaps in Ardenweald, I looked at the Kul Tiran cat forms and went from there. I was going to add roots, but that felt like it imposed too much on the Kul Tiran forms, so I made it sinewy and boney.

Venthyr: Did you know zero screenshots exist of 4-legged Revendreth mobs? I looked everywhere and only found gargoyles and vampires, so I decided to go with the Venthyr themselves. Personally it's the weakest of the designs to my thinking, but if anyone's got suitable suggestions, I'm open to hear them!
    They look pretty good.

I think you should make a more bat like version of the Venthyr with more bat like ears and face. Maybe even wing skin attached to the front legs or like a flying squirrel and have it attach to both legs.

Made some edits; I put them in the OP as well:

- No one asked for edits to the Necrolords but, well, I wanted to see some spines on them, so. That happened. Also, never noticed how janky cat spines are until I had to google one.

- Gave the Venthyr model as bat-ish face as I could while keeping the original model rigging in mind. I didn't add attached skin a la flying squirrel because that starts to stray too much from it being a grounded, pointy thing. I can see a bat model for the flight form, though. EDIT: Also, didn't add armour to the back legs for a few reasons, but the main one being that I just logically don't see it; I feel it'd impede more than help. (That isn't to say I don't like the idea, when I first saw the Kyrian mount I was HOPING it was a new cat form skin, because I love bulky armour.)
    Last edited by Delmorii; 2019-11-30 at 07:48 AM.

I love it. Maybe venthyr one could get some decorative blood and weirder ears.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Nice effort, never happening though

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Nice effort, never happening though
    Oh, Mr. Boomer, would you share with us why exactly you think it is NEVER going to happen? It most likely will not. But "never" is a bit too strong of a word for such careless use, don't you think? Especially considering that just one expansion ago (Legion) we got 24 new cat form models, 24 new bear form models, 6 new travel form models and 2 new aquatic form models? Surely, 4 new models aren't that much of a stretch?

OT: Stunning work! Would looove to see the other forms as well! Especially flight form

those would make me want to play druid again, great job!

I support this idea, especially for moonkins!

These are amazing. The latest Necro is enough to make me change classes lol. Wish we would actually see these implemented!

You are so talented, Great job!
    Edit Signature.