Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed

Do you sleep with your bedroom door open or closed? I prefer mine to be closed. It's quieter in the room and I've read in the past that if there's a fire in the house then having the door closed will give a little extra time to get out through a window or something.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Open cause of dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed cause of cat dander

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed, locked, sometimes even with my chair parked in front of it... Even when completely alone.

Living in a college dorm my freshman year basically left me paranoid. Resident assistants and dorm maintenance at my school had no regard for privacy at all, they would knock on the door and if you didn't instantly open it, they let themselves in. I rarely scheduled early AM classes, so most days I was still asleep early in the morning. So many times over that year I would wake up and there would be random people going through my room doing whatever shit they needed to do while I was asleep. And they never gave notice either, there was never like a note on my door that said "hey next Tuesday we will be replacing your faucet at 8am" or something... They would just arbitrarily show up and do things like that; happened every other couple weeks the entire time I was there.

Don't think I will ever sleep soundly again unless I can barricade whatever door I am sleeping behind.

Almost closed... so technically open, even if it is almost closed.

I have curtains that are specifically made to block light. I dont mean those thin sheets of fabric that let most of light trough anyway. I mean those thick curtains that darken the room almost entirely.

If my door is closed, it is sometimes difficult to see in the dark room where door actually is. Yeah. Thats right. When its slightly open I can see the light coming from behind it and accurately find it immediately even, if I just woke up and i'm half awake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed, I have 2 pets, not allowed in my room without supervision.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

5+ Year Old Account
    Open. It keeps my rabbit from getting restless at night and destroying my stuff in retaliation. He needs to run when he needs to.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Closed, hallway light is left on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    The word you're looking for is "ajar".

No door, no choice.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Door closed, open window. Corridor is next to the staircase which is made of old wood and very noisy when someone walks down.

Open to keep the air flowing unless it's winter, then it's closed. Baby gates are pretty effective at keeping the doggos out when I'm not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I love doing this because of a light that's always on downstairs, it makes my ceiling look like the Pale Blue Dot photo.

10+ Year Old Account
    closed so the draenei hussys can't get me.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't close the door because I have a chin-up bar in the doorway. Well I could take the chin-up bar down I guess, but I'm the only one who lives in my apartment, sooo...

Closed because it's much cheaper to run a space heater + PC than it is to run my full heating for the entire condo.

Running to the fridge for a drink and back from a 75-ish degree room through a 45 degree house is an art form.

Open, I live alone and my cat hates closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s how you burst pipes. Hope your condo is winterized properly.
    It never gets below 40 degrees where I live. That's basically the temperature floor.

I believe the lowest most plumbers recommend setting your thermostat to is 50 degrees in the winter (if you’re not home) to avoid pipes from freezing/bursting.

Up to you, though.
    I have to assume that's for locales where the temperature drops below freezing. If the temperature never gets near 32 degrees I can't imagine a scenario where pipes could burst. My understanding was pipes burst due to freezing temperatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the lowest most plumbers recommend setting your thermostat to is 50 degrees in the winter (if you’re not home) to avoid pipes from freezing/bursting.

Up to you, though.
    Your pipes will not burst or freeze at 50F (10C), unless piping abroad is a lot different to over here.

OT: Doors closed and pitch black, can't stand any noise or light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I have to assume that's for locales where the temperature drops below freezing. If the temperature never gets near 32 degrees I can't imagine a scenario where pipes could burst. My understanding was pipes burst due to freezing temperatures.
    Exposed pipes are vulnerable to bursting because if the water is not being used and is stagnant in the pipe it can cause the water to freeze and expand and obviously penetrate the pipe, that requires temperatures below freezing, of course. The majority of bursts outside are caused by a constant change from hot to cold weather which causes the ground to move and gradually chip at the pipe. This varies depending on the material and age of the pipe, and what the excavation to lay the pipe has been backfilled with. An example would be if the ground is backfilled with hard stone instead of sand, then this is more likely to gradually attack the pipe and likely to cause a burst at some point.

Depends, if the cat is sleeping In the room then closed if he isn't then opened. But it really doesn't matter, he knows how to open the door by jumping on a door handle

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Up to you, though.
    Thats if it gets colder outside. if 40 is the lowest it goes period he won't have issues with freezing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Your pipes will not burst or freeze at 50F (10C), unless piping abroad is a lot different to over here.

science is science. aside from pressure changes water will only freeze at 32/0 or below.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.