Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The way my head always thought they would do Allied Races was one for each of the Core ones. Kul Tirans for Humans, Zul Trolls for the Trolls and so on. So that would mean that if the Voulpira are the Goblin and Mecha Gnomes are from the Gnomes then we need a Worgen and Undead as the "missing" races from the equation. So Vykrul for the horde and I dunno, what are the cat people called again? Or I guess the fish guys.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I'm almost certain the horde will be getting Lightborne undead of some sort before 9.0, that's probably also how'll they'll get the undead paladin that's been requested for awhile. Which leaves the worgen skeleton(and possibly pandaren but i kinda doubt that'll happen before bfa ends) no idea what that'll be though. Sadly I don't see Mogu, Ogres, Setherak or ankoan coming, unless they've been sitting on the female models of those for some reason.
    Well, after some thinking i doubt lightforged undead will be playable because Calia seems to be pretty unique and a one off and i dont know how they would do this in game since they w<ould have to make the lightforged undead look more like humans with same skeletons like lets say nathanos or derek i would rather guess they would make some kind of huymans/undead than just lightforged

    Also keep in mind they could just creat "AR" with the custimization options like the whildhammer for exemple so i would guess just put glowing eyes and glowing tatoos for undead and here we go =p

    Also i think ppl must drop their old beliefs about how ar work that it should be a certain rig or stuff like that because every of thoses things were contradicted everytime a new allied race came to the game for exemple :

    1 : Allied races must have an existing rig from a playable core race : wrong kul tiran humans use their own rig
    2 : Allied races must be the "sub race" of an already existing core race : Wrong Vulperas are the sub race of none
    3 : Allied races must have or not have theiur own capitals : wrong Zandalari have their capitals and vuperas dont have capitals
    4 : Allied races must be able to wear all players armors : wrong mechagnomes cant wear pants

    We still have the restriction that it must be able to have mounts so most likely more than 2 legs cant but i would guess nagas are still possible if they sit on side on mounts =p

    About the mogu there is also something i find verry suspcisious about them in the pach and it is the fact that we still dont have any audio files from either ra-den or thoses mogu npcs from that faction, like we have everything azshara or even n'zoth but not ra-den this is verry fishy in my opinions its like they are hidding sometthing

    Also you have one of the mogu leader in that new faction that use a model which was used by lei shen long ago as a place holder so does this mean this guy is a place holder too?
    High Elves have been a Horde playable race since 2007. Sorry 'bout it!

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Do you happen to know which interview it was where they said this? I'd like to hear it for myself.
    Sorry don't remember which one just remember it was said in one of them, there was a post of it on the main page

  4. #204
    What is missing now is a humanoid race for both factions. Something undeady and shadowy.

  5. #205
    Ogres for Horde has been in the making for almost two years:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Ogres-in-mind

    There's not as clear an answer for Alliance. Could be anything, but I bet it will be a low-effort solution like LF and VE were.

  6. #206
    I've been looking these up again today, and if you look at this picture, you can see that the female mogu would very much share the female worgen model.



    meanwhile, the males are just bulkier male worgen in their actions and general way they hold themselves. It's looking more and more like rajani could be our final horde race. But, that means alliance would either get a free race with lightborne (assuming that's who they receive to mimic undead) or they'll have a faction they need rep with starting in 8.3.5.

    If anybody knows before I can find it or remember, do the horde currently have a "free" race that doesn't require faction but alliance does? Mag'har maybe?

    *EDIT*

    Here we go! Okay, so they do have requirements for all of them, which means we're likely getting an 8.3.5 neutral faction related to undead that will complete our storylines leading into SL. When alliance reach exalted, they get lightborn. Horde probably get a "conclusion" to their storyline, perhaps with a Sylvanas loyalty tie-in.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Sorry don't remember which one just remember it was said in one of them, there was a post of it on the main page
    No worries! I took a look through the front page postings and found it here.

    Q: Is there a possibility of playable races with more or less than two legs now that Mechagnomes are a thing?
    A: If it is appropriate to the story then maybe! They got new tech for mechagnomes and can explore it now.

  8. #208
    Ho and i forgot to say that about the mogu they still "kinda" said in interview a verry confusing sentence saying mogu will be allied race and the still didnt say this was mistake if im right

    here : https://youtu.be/iFENH69jqKA?t=339

    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I've been looking these up again today, and if you look at this picture, you can see that the female mogu would very much share the female worgen model.



    meanwhile, the males are just bulkier male worgen in their actions and general way they hold themselves. It's looking more and more like rajani could be our final horde race. But, that means alliance would either get a free race with lightborne (assuming that's who they receive to mimic undead) or they'll have a faction they need rep with starting in 8.3.5.

    If anybody knows before I can find it or remember, do the horde currently have a "free" race that doesn't require faction but alliance does? Mag'har maybe?

    *EDIT*

    Here we go! Okay, so they do have requirements for all of them, which means we're likely getting an 8.3.5 neutral faction related to undead that will complete our storylines leading into SL. When alliance reach exalted, they get lightborn. Horde probably get a "conclusion" to their storyline, perhaps with a Sylvanas loyalty tie-in.
    Well mogu female use female draenai skeleton in the way they walk and "die" but they have unique animaiton other than thoses 2 ones which are closer to female draenai, they have unique cast animaiton and unique attack animation too

    As for male they use male draenai rig

    Maybe alliance can have broken, i saw a cool female concept here : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnGASR5XsAE2udF.jpg:large
    Last edited by Zalendra; 2019-12-03 at 03:41 PM.
    High Elves have been a Horde playable race since 2007. Sorry 'bout it!

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Larger post with explanation
    Okay, building on the fact that rajani/mogu use similar-but-distinct models from worgen, and lightborn will likely be in the same vein as Calia/Derek, let's play with classes for a moment. Reasonably, we can see the following options.

    Lightborn
    hunter
    death knight, hunter, mage, monk, paladin, priest, rogue, warrior

    Mogu
    death knight, hunter, mage, monk, priest, rogue, shaman, warrior

    I can't see either getting warlock, and obviously they won't have demon hunter (but that would be awesome for mogu down the road). While druid could be interesting, the likelihood of us getting another set of druid forms is slim at best. There's a chance we get shamans, a'la raised kul'tirans, but can we get paladin mogu because of their worship of ra'den?

    Any other possibilities?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Well mogu female use female draenai skeleton in the way they walk and "die" but they have unique animaiton other than thoses 2 ones which are closer to female draenai, they have unique cast animaiton and unique attack animation too

    As for male they use male draenai rig

    Maybe alliance can have broken =p
    While, yes, that is true of those particular models, I was comparing the possibility of their updated look to these, which would put them more in the shape of worgen female, with the smaller bend to their legs, rather than draenei who have a more exaggerated bend. Even if that isn't the case, it still makes sense.

  10. #210
    Hopefully Alliance Ankoan and Horde Mogu.

  11. #211
    Were there any other NPC races that got updated models as of late?


    Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

  12. #212
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,807
    I hate every single one of you that are putting the "Lightborne" undead as a viable option.... *Disgust*

    Exageration aside, fuck those Calia copies!

    Just give us Ankoan + Jinyu for the Alliance and something else for the Horde (heck i take even Gilgoblins as long as we stay as far away from the abomination that Lightborne undead are)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Okay, building on the fact that rajani/mogu use similar-but-distinct models from worgen, and lightborn will likely be in the same vein as Calia/Derek, let's play with classes for a moment. Reasonably, we can see the following options.

    Lightborn
    hunter
    death knight, hunter, mage, monk, paladin, priest, rogue, warrior

    Mogu
    death knight, hunter, mage, monk, priest, rogue, shaman, warrior

    I can't see either getting warlock, and obviously they won't have demon hunter (but that would be awesome for mogu down the road). While druid could be interesting, the likelihood of us getting another set of druid forms is slim at best. There's a chance we get shamans, a'la raised kul'tirans, but can we get paladin mogu because of their worship of ra'den?
    Why can't you see Mogu being Warlocks? they are great casters, to the point that they have innate magic (they don't have to learn it), and they don't call each other by class name (when it come to casters -no mages or warlocks-), but i feel like we have seen Mogu cast fel based spells already (i may be wrong)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Ho and i forgot to say that about the mogu they still "kinda" said in interview a verry confusing sentence saying mogu will be allied race and the still didnt say this was mistake if im right
    There can be hope, but i feel that if they go with Mogu, the Alliance will get Ankoan, and we have a lot of people saying that the Alliance got the short stick of it (again)

  13. #213
    I can't 100% rule it out but I'd be surprised if there are allied races coming and they didn't announce them already.

  14. #214
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I could see Mok'nathal for the Horde (using the Kul'Tiran base) and Broken draenei (using the Tauren base like they currently do) or, personal preference here, furbolgs using the pandaren base on Alliance. The latter wouldn't require too much model work, just slim down the stomach, edit the hands/forearms, and put in new heads.
    "Base"? They all use the same skeleton. @Steampunkette did a nice PSA on this.
    MoanaLisa would probably be infracting this post... just sayin.


  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    There can be hope, but i feel that if they go with Mogu, the Alliance will get Ankoan, and we have a lot of people saying that the Alliance got the short stick of it (again)
    Honestly I don't really feel we have. The only really 'inferior' allied race I think we got is void elves on a lore perspective since they were pulled out of nowhere where nightborne we spent half of an expansion getting to know. But that's about it. Lightforged were no more lackluster than highmountain tauren IMO and dark iron, kul tiran and mechagnomes are great.

  16. #216
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I can't 100% rule it out but I'd be surprised if there are allied races coming and they didn't announce them already.
    Well... i assume it will go just like it went with Lightforged and Highmountain Tauren, as a pre-expansion patch, to have people do stuff while they wait for the next expansion

  17. #217
    Pandaren Monk Hugnomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    "Base"? They all use the same skeleton. @Steampunkette did a nice PSA on this.
    I think you are equivocating what that PSA means. Regardless of every animation having a universal rig - which facilitates things like the universal Heart of Azeroth animation for example - it doesn't mean that there aren't animation archetypes. It doesn't make sense for Kultiran to be animated in the same way gnomes are, or humans the same way orcs are. Their bodies and movements are different, therefore they use different sets of animation for each characterization. So, in terms of eficiency, Blizzard does look to produce allied races which fit animation sets from already playable races.
    Yes, Rexxar does use the same animations as the Kultiran, and therefore is a sensible guess for an ogre or mok'nathal allied race. Don't know if it'll happen, but it's within how they approach allied races.

  18. #218
    Old God Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    10,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Honestly I don't really feel we have. The only really 'inferior' allied race I think we got is void elves on a lore perspective since they were pulled out of nowhere where nightborne we spent half of an expansion getting to know. But that's about it. Lightforged were no more lackluster than highmountain tauren IMO and dark iron, kul tiran and mechagnomes are great.
    To be fair, i think the Alliance have the best options of Arace, but only if Blizzard plan on working over them, both mechanically and storywise.

    I mean... Storywise, i feel like the Alliance would end up accepting the Lightforged more and more, to the point that we could see some followers of the Church of light try the Ascension ritual of the LF, i mean... come on, the head of the LF is a human, so i see no reason to not have humans to be accepted for this ritual.

    Same for Void Elf and Night Elves (even more with the whole spirit of Vengeance stuff that the NE have now), i'm also quite interested to see if the introduction of this 2 opposites to the same faction will have any relevance in the future (hope so), i mean... we do see the people in the Church of Light tell Void Elves to leave the Church if they go in there or, just to not stay for long there.

  19. #219
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I think you are equivocating what that PSA means. Regardless of every animation having a universal rig - which facilitates things like the universal Heart of Azeroth animation for example - it doesn't mean that there aren't animation archetypes. It doesn't make sense for Kultiran to be animated in the same way gnomes are, or humans the same way orcs are. Their bodies and movements are different, therefore they use different sets of animation for each characterization. So, in terms of eficiency, Blizzard does look to produce allied races which fit animation sets from already playable races.
    Yes, Rexxar does use the same animations as the Kultiran, and therefore is a sensible guess for an ogre or mok'nathal allied race. Don't know if it'll happen, but it's within how they approach allied races.
    The URS rig is also baked into the model, so...
    MoanaLisa would probably be infracting this post... just sayin.


  20. #220
    I'd really like sethrak, but unless they suddenly show up in Uldum in force, I'm not going to hold any illusion that they're still a possibility.

    Ankoan or jinyu could be cool, but that's only if Blizzard puts some serious effort into developing their models and animations. As they are, the whole fish-headed male night elf thing just really doesn't do it for me. Give them better proportions, some unique animations, and cool racial skills and I'll be a lot more interested.

    As for the Horde, those new mogu would make a very cool addition. The Unshackled gilblins would make sense storywise, but I have a hard time seeing them happening considering we just got vulpera and both races are derived from the goblin models.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •