Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    There will be no more allied races until after Shadowlands is released.
    The 8.3 embassy arrangements and allied race UI strongly suggest otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Well, one thing is that keep in mind giblin dont like to be out of water much they just feel like being on ground is so hard etc

As for the lightforged undead plz dude cant they just make this as cutomization? but anyway i just feel like calia is a one off than being some kind of ar but well we could have said same for alleria and the void elf so...

As for the "ho but we will have only 8 skin color" cought cought NB with 3 skin colors, which will be even worse with the new custimizaiton un shadowlands like trolls will have ike 20 skin colors and NB still 3 ><
    I agree, it kind of sucks that allied races (at least, the older ones) are being left in such a bare-bones state while some races are getting like 40+ new options.

And yeah I don't expect that gilblins will be an allied race at this point. Just wanted to mention that they're set up in a way that allows them to be.

As for Calia there's specific storyline threads where she talks about the undead needing someone after Sylvanas' betrayal of the Horde, so its already implied that she will have an affiliation with them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Obviously lightforged undead for Alliance, with Calia as race boss, and undead night elves for Horde, with Syra as boss.

Alliance gets the undead model, Horde gets the undead elves they always wanted, and Blizzard virtue signals with 2 more strong independent women who don't need no man.

Everyone wins.

5+ Year Old Account
    Question is, since they added exiles reach in shadowlands, are they really going to make new starting zones? For me its like they added this to make some kind of comun starting expeirnece or not have to add new ones

Well, one thing is that keep in mind giblin dont like to be out of water much they just feel like being on ground is so hard etc

As for the lightforged undead plz dude cant they just make this as cutomization? but anyway i just feel like calia is a one off than being some kind of ar but well we could have said same for alleria and the void elf so...

As for the "ho but we will have only 8 skin color" cought cought NB with 3 skin colors, which will be even worse with the new custimizaiton un shadowlands like trolls will have ike 20 skin colors and NB still 3 ><

Well for the ogres its simple you take the stonemaule ogres with Rexxar as leader and done, and you give them all skin colors since i dont see in which way their clan would influence the sin color they can use

As for mogu no way they join the alliance since they have more ties with the horde with zandalari etc but also because yes sure the alliance have "more titan alin race" well i think its time for horde to have some too because its silly they dont have any and still relie on bran to do anything titans related ><

And then you have all the Ogre community (the diferent tribes) arguing why they are giving the Dying tribe of the Stonemaul since we had new Ogres from WoD that represent the old Gorian Empire. Why they cant be the Gordok Ogres (black) or the well know Boulderfist of Arathi. The duskwood Clan or what about the Dunemauls, they are part of the Horde, i even think they have more presence in the Horde than the Stonemaul.
    And right now, Blizzard its preparing to introduce different styles of Trolls tot he standard Darkspear customization, including the sandfury tribe. So why they can be all the tribes, yet the "ogres" cant. Why the Maghar can be all the clans, but Ogres cant.

See the problem there? we should know that Blizzard doesnt want to get involve in another "blue eyes blood elves" dichotomy. Thats why if somehow happens, probably Mok Nathal its a stronger choice than "Set tribe" Ogres

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Obviously lightforged undead for Alliance, with Calia as race boss, and undead night elves for Horde, with Syra as boss.

Alliance gets the undead model, Horde gets the undead elves they always wanted, and Blizzard virtue signals with 2 more strong independent women who don't need no man.

Everyone wins.
    Noone have been asking for Undead Night Elves, we want Undead BEs (i mean... the whole undead elf like is based around Dark Rangers)

Note: The option would be welcomed, but its not the popular one

Thinking about it, they will either be a race we interact with in BFA, or will fit in thematically with Shadowlands either being a type of undead or being acknowledged as a dying race( or at least having been one), examples being the often talked Mok'nathal and High Elves, but also includes Furbolgs and a few others

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get anything I would hope its
    A - Sethrak
    H - Fresh, Lightborn (not sure on the name) Undead

Every Classic/TBC/Cata race has a related (sometimes loosely) Allied race to go along with them except Worgen an Forsaken. The only things in the game that bare any resemblance to Worgen are Sethrak (modded fem worgen skeleton), Dragonmen (male worgen skeleton), Saurok (male worgen skeleton), and the Tigermen from WoD (male worgen skeleton). But of those 4 races, only one had anything to do with the BfA story arc, Sethrak. As far as the fresh looking Undead, I suppose that could be done through Calia/Derek in some fashion.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    A - Sethrak
    H - Fresh, Lightborn (not sure on the name) Undead

Every Classic/TBC/Cata race has a related (sometimes loosely) Allied race to go along with them except Worgen an Forsaken. The only things in the game that bare any resemblance to Worgen are Sethrak (modded fem worgen skeleton), Dragonmen (male worgen skeleton), Saurok (male worgen skeleton), and the Tigermen from WoD (male worgen skeleton). But of those 4 races, only one had anything to do with the BfA story arc, Sethrak. As far as the fresh looking Undead, I suppose that could be done through Calia/Derek in some fashion.
    Actually, Saberon did played a minor part on BFA, in the Horde stand side of the story.
    Also Fulborgs could use the same Worguen Rig but more chunky, thicc and furrish.

And to be honest... probably the last 2 Allied races are not going to use old models. I trully belive that, because this are the last 2 options, are going to be the "most" unique from all the allied races. That would also explains, the "secrecy arround them"

Or there will none, and that empty space its because blizzard want that empty space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ey b0ss View Post
    Heh. But no ,really , the lore has gone to shit anyway so who cares. You interact with them as alliance as well , but less.
    They also said that they couldn't do sethrak or similar races because you couldn't equip gear in certain slots like the head. But the mechagnomes get fucking diapers.
    Well if lore is shit then what you are doing here and then what alliance did for the sethrak actually? Juste killing some dude while horde killed their corrupted emperor killed mythrax and restored their loa + zandalari were their allies before so you say lore is shit but you clearly dont have any of the knowlodge you need abotu the lore to argue ><

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    There will be no more allied races until after Shadowlands is released. We would have seen datamining of crucial animations, and more importantly, slots for equip-able armor. So far, we haven't seen any of that. Armor is baked onto the model, which is a dead giveaway that it is not intended as a PC race.
    Yeah and as you know ptr of 8.3 if far from over since we have more than 1 month of it at least

Everyone wins.
    Well no one want any undead race actually its just so lazy and cheap to use this for ar...lets do undead tauren then and then udnead orcs and then undead gnolles and then undead this and that bitche plz

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    And then you have all the Ogre community (the diferent tribes) arguing why they are giving the Dying tribe of the Stonemaul since we had new Ogres from WoD that represent the old Gorian Empire. Why they cant be the Gordok Ogres (black) or the well know Boulderfist of Arathi. The duskwood Clan or what about the Dunemauls, they are part of the Horde, i even think they have more presence in the Horde than the Stonemaul.
    And right now, Blizzard its preparing to introduce different styles of Trolls tot he standard Darkspear customization, including the sandfury tribe. So why they can be all the tribes, yet the "ogres" cant. Why the Maghar can be all the clans, but Ogres cant.

See the problem there? we should know that Blizzard doesnt want to get involve in another "blue eyes blood elves" dichotomy. Thats why if somehow happens, probably Mok Nathal its a stronger choice than "Set tribe" Ogres
    Well they will sipply like the mag'har and put no clans or anything just ogres as race and thats it, because if you noticed in shadowlands it iwll be same for trolls which will be able to do sand troll in the custimizaiton options.

Actually with ogres the biggest quesiton i ask myself is either how you make 2 head or one and how female would look like (i know there is an artwork from that kid book)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    A - Sethrak
    Do an horde char and see the storyline and then forget about it

And for the ppl who say jinuy/arkoan have no cutomizaiton or look lame i suggest you use the toy as alliance called "Carved Ankoan Charm" to see how cool they are =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The 8.3 embassy arrangements and allied race UI strongly suggest otherwise.
    You mean the PTR right? cause i just checked the live version of it, and they are quite organized (at least in the Horde)

Edit: I just realized, the Maghar Representative does not use the AR Tabard, but the Maghar Tabard from BC
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-12-06 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    You mean the PTR right? cause i just checked the live version of it, and they are quite organized (at least in the Horde)

Edit: I just realized, the Maghar Representative does not use the AR Tabard, but the Maghar Tabard from BC
    I was referring to this: the arrangement is perfectly symmetrical other than the empty spot opposite the Mechagnome 'banner'. They're clearly planning something for that space. If Mechagnomes were intended to be the last race, their banner would be in the center.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Zalendra well, 2 headed Ogres have different "LORE" origins. Because in the "OLD LORE" "PRE WOD" 2 head Orges, where created by Guldan with the Helves guardian runes to create a new "version" of Ogres that can use Magic, the Magi Ogres or 2 headed Ogres.
    On WoD we discover that Margok the "Mage Emperor" the "high king" of Highmaul, ALSO has 2 heads and can control the Rune Stones that Chogall wanted for his "dark purposes" that didnt involve the Legion or Guldan.

So... it doesnt have consistency, yet the only things you can be asure are, one of the heads its stupier in terms of Mundane things but very smart on the Arcane side. And not every Ogre its a 2 headed, or a cyclops

Question is, since they added exiles reach in shadowlands, are they really going to make new starting zones? For me its like they added this to make some kind of comun starting expeirnece or not have to add new ones

Well for the ogres its simple you take the stonemaule ogres with Rexxar as leader and done, and you give them all skin colors since i dont see in which way their clan would influence the sin color they can use

As for mogu no way they join the alliance since they have more ties with the horde with zandalari etc but also because yes sure the alliance have "more titan alin race" well i think its time for horde to have some too because its silly they dont have any and still relie on bran to do anything titans related ><
    Orcs are ur titan related race on the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    @Zalendra well, 2 headed Ogres have different "LORE" origins. Because in the "OLD LORE" "PRE WOD" 2 head Orges, where created by Guldan with the Helves guardian runes to create a new "version" of Ogres that can use Magic, the Magi Ogres or 2 headed Ogres.
    On WoD we discover that Margok the "Mage Emperor" the "high king" of Highmaul, ALSO has 2 heads and can control the Rune Stones that Chogall wanted for his "dark purposes" that didnt involve the Legion or Guldan.

So... it doesnt have consistency, yet the only things you can be asure are, one of the heads its stupier in terms of Mundane things but very smart on the Arcane side. And not every Ogre its a 2 headed, or a cyclops
    Yeah i know all of this but im more talking in the char creation how it would work? Like you wont be able to do mage with 1 heads? It will be as simple as customizing faces on any races? etc but yes i know 2 heads were created by gul'dan as a mean to have magi ogres like a factory

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Orcs are ur titan related race on the horde
    Lol what a cheap answer...they dont know shit about their origins, orcs are in facts indirectly a titan race but they are not directly made by them, they dont know abotu azeroth and so are completly unreliable to be evolved in anything titan related unliked dwarves or gnomes would be, even ogres in the short story around highmaule do mention of the "collossus". But still they have no relaiton with the keepers or the titans directly they were randomely made from that big dude aggramar created

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I was referring to this: the arrangement is perfectly symmetrical other than the empty spot opposite the Mechagnome 'banner'. They're clearly planning something for that space. If Mechagnomes were intended to be the last race, their banner would be in the center.

I think you're definitely right. It just looks awkward right now.
    Fingers crossed that that layout doesn't change in the coming builds and the Mechagnome banner ends up in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Thinking about it, they will either be a race we interact with in BFA, or will fit in thematically with Shadowlands either being a type of undead or being acknowledged as a dying race( or at least having been one), examples being the often talked Mok'nathal and High Elves, but also includes Furbolgs and a few others
    They could be Shadowlands races, but I doubt that.
    I feel like if they plan to make Shadowlands allied races at all, they'll be Covenant ones, and they'll be four at the very least, which means that's two too many to finish off the current list.

It makes more sense to me to finish BfA off with one more set of races that we met in Legion.

Everyone wins.
    Yes. This sounds the most plausible. There are minimal changes to existing races they would have to make to have these available.

Everyone wins.
    Lightforged Undead and Undead Night Elves would make Void Elves look amazing and novel.

Also, Calia is implied to belong to neither faction.

No one's ever noticed that before....

Ankoan, Hozen and Jinyu are never happening.
    Well
    Not never but sure as hell not right now. You know what all of them have in common? Models with their armours baked in. I had originally expected Ankoan would be an Allied race when we saw their concept art because it was such an obvious choice but they aren't about to massively remodel the race now — not for a long while.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    No one's ever noticed that before....

Ankoan, Hozen and Jinyu are never happening.
    Well
    Not never but sure as hell not right now. You know what all of them have in common? Models with their armours baked in. I had originally expected Ankoan would be an Allied race when we saw their concept art because it was such an obvious choice but they aren't about to massively remodel the race now — not for a long while.
    Hozen and jinyu are pretty old now, so they'd need new models anyway, same if they want to add any undead variants(like ghosts or flesh golems)

Gief Ogres or Murlocs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

They haven't announced anything during Blizzcon. I doubt there will be 2 more AR.