Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What are you talking about? Prepatch (when all new systems are introduced and pre-expansion event is done) is 9.0.
    Agreed, the prepatch will be 9.0, but that doesn't mean we won't get an 8.3.5. Check out this thread where I put the math together for why there could be one, including the possible inclusion of the last 2 new allied races for now.

It's obvious that there are two "subraces" missing...

- a counterpart for Undead
    - a counterpart for Worgen

-> Lightforged Undead for the Alliance and Nightworgen for the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    It's not against the rules to discuss High Elves as an Allied Race in a thread that is about speculating who the next Allied Race could be.

The High Elf thread does not exist so that people never ever mention High Elves outside of it again.

So shut up.
    @Combatbulter actually Love Machine is correct in the statement above, so I'm not sure why he has been banned. Mentioning high elves in a topic about potential allied races, or in any other topic is not against the forum rules. The megathread was created to stop the continuous stream of high elf threads being created because people complained, and since it came up often, mightas well consolidate, it is for new topics that are specifically asking for high elves.. it is not meant to stop all conversation or mention of high elves in any other thread, especially when it is relevant.

I don't get why anyone would try and misuse forum rules in that manner let alone a moderator enforce it on that basis (pardon me if there is another reason why you are responding to it and why he is banned). If this is the reason, then this is how abuse of power occurs and how people suppress free speech , trying to stop people from mentinonig anything about something they don't like. I've noticed this happeningIRL quite a lot, especially from LGBT activists who try to have legal cases brought against anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view to the extent now disagreeing with their agenda is twisted in its presentation as hate speech/crime, to the extent now, saying you don't agree with their view is costing people jobs, livlihoods, university places - and amuonts to denying others' free speech.. and this is happening in the WEst today.

High elves will always be part of allied race speculation threads, and almost always top the list of most wanted allied race. It is not against forum rules to discuss them, and if it becomes so, I mean that's just draconian and I will simply blot mmo-champion out of my life completely and wouldn't be surprised when many follow.

Saying that, I don't believe high elves will be the final allied race of the exapnsion, unless Shadowlands pre-sales are in a lot of trouble and blizzard are in a spot where they feel they ahve nothing to lose. And even then, the best way for high elves to be playable is for players or blood elves to be able to choose a faction and opt to be identified as high elves, but I don't see that happening soon, as blizzard would have to allow plaeyrs to be able to change their faction in game with their character, and I believe everyone would just faction change to horde seeing it's the much stronger gaming faction.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-12-10 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post

Undead: Kyrians (A) and Venthyr (H)
    Worgen: Saberon (A), with Moknathal or Ogres for Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I really doubt there will be more allied races, thought the banner placement in both embassies is very suspicious indeed. However, there's no signs of any allied race being worked on. We had the almost-ready vulpera model and database references for mechagnomes since 8.0 alpha, but nothing on possible future races since.

My only guess of a possible allied race being secretly worked on are ogres/mok'nathal, based on Rexxar's model.

Is there even going to be a 8.3.5 patch? At the moment, I feel like there won't be one. 8.3 is coming near the same time as 7.3.5 came out after Legion, and it will contain the preorder bonus (AR DKs) as well as the post-N'Zoth epilogue. It feels the only possible content left for a 8.3.5 patch would be ARs, of which there's no sign, and heritage armor for the remaining races (or at least trolls and draenei, if warfront sets count as a substitute for heritage armor).
    Well, no the patches are not releassed "the same time", since blizzcon 2018 happenned when the 7.3 was already in the game since some month and they showed us lot more on the bfa blizzcon than they showed on the shadowlands ones which seems really really far from being done

We already saw the sargeras's stabing when blizzcon 2018 was out while in this year we had no ideas what will happen with n'zoth, magni azeroth etc so ofc they wont talk about some epilogue linked to n'zoth or some 8.3.5 and for me there is still hope they add one

As for the "dk ar" excuuuuuse me but this is the lamest thing ever like pres-legion we had dh classe, pres bfa we had ar and now what we have? dk ar like really? they just have to push one fucking button to make this happen this is the laziest addition ever so they have to be more things !

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    THANK YOU. I have posted time and again on this subject and it seems to fall in deaf ears. I’ve wanted Sethrak on the Horde since beta of BFA, and argued in that favor in several forum posts. After all the evidence they still claim it’s up in the air. I just... you can’t sway some people.
    Heeee! And where are my thanks? =( Like if i didnt try to explain it aswell in like 5 differents posts!!

That is if the theory of utilizing other models' rigs is true to form.

As of now, we have two theories with two outliers. 1) That recycling rigs once per race sans Human (KT). 2) Every Allied Race is tied to a genetic connection sans Goblin (Vulpera).

That being said, there isn't anything of this list that suggests that Blizzard cannot use the same rigs twice, which would still place Mogu and Broken on the possible list. And there isn't a rule that says they cannot reuse the new rig of the KT as well for a new race as well.

Even going off the two theories there isn't much either rig is using that suggest we may get them. LF Undead aren't even in the game in any form outside Calia, and we had much of the assets of the two newest AR we're getting. And Worgen only have Saberon currently that could be worked, and we'd have to have another excuse that we have more timey winey shards that got us the Mag'har to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Heeee! And where are my thanks? =( Like if i didnt try to explain it aswell in like 5 differents posts!!
    Sorry mate, I only just read over yours after posting my post. You had great points too
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account

Wait... isn't a Nightworgen supposed to be a Night Elf worgen? Why would such a thing pick the Horde side? i mean both the Worgen side and the Night elf side have enough reason to dislike the Horde, more than any other Alliance race right now

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Most likely talking about the Broken we found in Argus, they do make clear their resentment against Velen and his people.
    Yup. The ones on Argus are the ones who would have to be recruited by the Horde. I could even see them talking to the ones in the outlands and getting them to start disliking velen.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yup. The ones on Argus are the ones who would have to be recruited by the Horde. I could even see them talking to the ones in the outlands and getting them to start disliking velen.
    unlikely as they have little personal reason to hate Velen, he even allowed them to practice shamanism(something that didn't happen in the AU and probably would have at least delayed the draenei going all catholic crusade on the Orcs) he seems to respect them as much as he does a normal Draenei, I'd find it more likely they'd call the Krokul out on resenting a guy that they volunteered to stay behind to allow to escape, and didn't even know they were ALIVE, Argus Krokul on horde believable hell I even did a concept of it on an old thread, but Outland Krokul as a whole, they'd probably find them unsympathetic with the exception of maybe Akama, but he's just as likely if not more likely to be as resentful of the Horde as a whole as they are of Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

I would like to get the broken for the horde. Really would. Especially since some resentment for the alliance is already been set up.
    fairly sure that was already glossed over

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    How does high elf fit into the next expansion?
    undead High Elf / Blood Elf + undead Night Elf
    ... I hope this is more clear. And as undead they fit perfect, its probably the last/best moment to introduce them. After the shadowlands expansion I think we are done with undead stuff mostly (beside the horde race that still exist)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Oh god please no... Venthyr... fine...but Kyrians?! Please no...

Worgen: Saberon (A), with Moknathal or Ogres for Horde
    This is perfect in my opinion but more likely something for 10.0
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2019-12-11 at 07:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    undead High Elf / Blood Elf + undead Night Elf
    ... I hope this is more clear. And as undead they fit perfect, its probably the last/best moment to introduce them. After the shadowlands expansion I think we are done with undead stuff mostly (beside the horde race that still exist)
    Ahh so you're looking for a more undead themed version instead of the standard issue high elf? That is more understandable.

Personally, I'd love San'layn for the Horde (there was already lore to support this) and Naga for the Alliance.

And to fill the slot of a "Neutral" race, I want Ethereal as a neutral race in the WORST possible way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i will be verry upset if i cantp lay yrian as an horde even having choosen the faction with all my horde chars but its most liely that they will join the alliance even if technically they are neutral so i would more guess that the ar from shadowlands will be neutral but i dont now and i would love to play as a Kyrian

10+ Year Old Account
    Valajar or Vrykul for Alliance and Kvaldir for horde would easy to do as they are essentially the same skeleton and we get some tall bois for our long bois. They fit for the whole Northrend and Afterlife theme for Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Valajar or Vrykul for Alliance and Kvaldir for horde would easy to do as they are essentially the same skeleton and we get some tall bois for our long bois. They fit for the whole Northrend and Afterlife theme for Shadowlands.
    I always saw them as a good idea, but sadly the only connection the Kvaldir had to the Horde was with Sylvanas and Helya, and with Sylvanas out of the Horde, they are not comming, at least not soon (unless something happen by the end of the expansion where she's is once again accepted by the Horde -even if she does not join back-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    NO MORE ELVES. I think it's best to just do customizations and be done with Allied Races after 8.3.
    But... i want Sanlayn D: (Unlikely to happen for the moment having in mind what happened with them in this Exp)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always saw them as a good idea, but sadly the only connection the Kvaldir had to the Horde was with Sylvanas and Helya, and with Sylvanas out of the Horde, they are not comming, at least not soon (unless something happen by the end of the expansion where she's is once again accepted by the Horde -even if she does not join back-))
    Sylvanas is only looking out for number ONE, no reason why she could piss Helya off enough that she would ally with the Horde to get some revenge. Technically Helya is halfway into the Shadowlands already.

Odyn can just see how his color scheme matches with the Lightforged or whatever to join the Alliance and call it a day. He is also looking into the Shadowlands like all the time. Oh, and someone has he eye there perving on the living world as well. Would be very strange if Helya and Odyn are not involved somehow in Shadowlands.

But... i want Sanlayn D: (Unlikely to happen for the moment having in mind what happened with them in this Exp)
    Venthir will give you a hard-on then. They are Sanlayn on steroids. And I hear Kael'thas is hanging out there too!
    Last edited by facelesssoul; 2019-12-12 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Sylvanas is only looking out for number ONE, no reason why she could piss Helya off enough that she would ally with the Horde to get some revenge. Technically Helya is halfway into the Shadowlands already.

Odyn can just see how his color scheme matches with the Lightforged or whatever to join the Alliance and call it a day. He is also looking into the Shadowlands like all the time. Oh, and someone has he eye there perving on the living world as well. Would be very strange if Helya and Odyn are not involved somehow in Shadowlands.
    Well i don't really see Helya joining the Horde, mostly because i don't think the Horde will accept her, but i guess if Odyn and his Varlajar joins the Alliance, it may give Helya enough of a reason to try to get on the Horde good side just to get the chance to kill Odyn

Venthir will give you a hard-on then. They are Sanlayn on steroids. And I hear Kael'thas is hanging out there too!
    But Venthirs are an ugly version of the Sanlayn! I like the Sanlayn more (i also really like their armor)

Note: Also unless the whole machinery of dead get destroyed, i doubt any of those factions will join the Horde or the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    NO MORE ELVES. I think it's best to just do customizations and be done with Allied Races after 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Stupid, stupid, and not happening.

Gee, I didn't know you worked for Blizzard and were the authority on stupid races.

Where were you when they announced Mechagnomes? XD