Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Please explain a Lightforged Deathknight

Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Blizzard caring about already established lore? THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!

Blood/unholy/frost themed tats, PLEASE blizzard!

And undead DKs dying 3 times is hilarious that's the main reason I rolled one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. If Forsaken priests don't evaporate from using the Light, I wouldn't worry about Lightforged DKs.

same concept as raising a paladin as a dk.

it makes a stronger dk, because of the corruption of a holy being.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Look at the ash bringer is a light Forged weapon which can be corrupted towards death magic there’s no reason a person couldn’t work the same.

Well, the opposite of "The Light" (what the lightforged are infused with) is "The Void" according to the lore I have read. I don't think its meant to be tied to the living, people can either tap into the Light or the Void if they have a strong enough will. So you have a lightforged, who dedicated their life to the Light, they die, and are brought back with death magic. If their will is strong enough, they should be able to still tap into the Light along with the death magic.

As people have said, there are undead priests, the light is not just for the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Blood/unholy/frost themed tats, PLEASE blizzard!

And undead DKs dying 3 times is hilarious that's the main reason I rolled one.
    Forsaken DK: Ah shit here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    Eh. If Forsaken priests don't evaporate from using the Light, I wouldn't worry about Lightforged DKs.
    It phisically hurts them, but it doesn't kill them. The Scarlet Crusade was raised by Balnazzar as undead yet they could still use the Light and fight like Paladins. Using the Light is not about not being corrupted, its about you believing in it. Usually once you become corrupted your faith wavers, and sometimes you don't need to be corrupted in order to lose the Light, see what happened to Tirion.

Waiting for Lightforged Undead Allied race and them being able to be DKs too. That's gonna be fun.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Unholy Lightforged Deathknight can still use the light but are called unholy yet have a sigil of the naaru above their heads. And what exactly makes them Lightforged after death? They would simply be Draenei DKs. This is honestly the most confusing and worst piece of PC lore since undead DKs dying three times.
    You can have undeads using Holy magic ever since Classic and it has never killed any of them, especially Sir Zeliek. They only feel pain, but it's not damaging.

This time the only difference is that Lightforged carry a bit more Light than the general Death Knight. But they behave like any Draenei Death Knight, except with 15% more Light.

Literally just noticed: While you can't create a Panda/Allied Race DK yet on the PTR you can play around with their options in the character builder already by choosing any valid DK race (like Forsaken DK) and then click on the race you want to see.

Unfortunately there's no DK specific skins yet.

P.s. Don't try Vulpera. These eyes stare into my soul.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-11-23 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Literally just noticed: While you can't create a Panda/Allied Race DK yet on the PTR you can play around with their options in the character builder already by choosing any valid DK race (like Forsaken DK) and then click on the race you want to see.

[img]

Extra DK sskins probably wouldnt be here now anyways, my guess is that if ARs get that extra skin they will either get it in 8.3.5 as a special treat or in the 9.0 pre-patch when the character customization is updated.

- - - Updated - - -

For how LFD DKs are possible i imagine it is quite easy.

LFD dies, Bolvar ressurects them.
    Nothing in the established lore actually precludes an LFD from being ressurected i would think. If Zeliek and Sally Whitemane could retain and use their holy powers when they got ressurected i don't see why LFD wouldnt.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

not only that but when they die in end they’ll unleash a huge burst of light wtf?!
    They died and got raised - what’s so hard to understand about that? The OG Death Knight was a Paladin for shits sake, the light means nothing when they’re dead.

Well I understand what OP means - why are they still Lightforged if they are dead. Shouldn't they be normal Draenei again? Because I doubt that we may consider them all going Sally Whitemane/Sir Zeliek path, and, to be honest, these two didn't use typical powers of the Death Knight.

Sir Zeliek established that powerful light-wielders can become Death Knights and retain their call upon some holy magic. This isn't surprising.
    Regular Draenei also have innate holy magic, being able to cast their "Gift of the Naaru" even as Death Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Extra DK sskins probably wouldnt be here now anyways, my guess is that if ARs get that extra skin they will either get it in 8.3.5 as a special treat or in the 9.0 pre-patch when the character customization is updated.

- - - Updated - - -

For how LFD DKs are possible i imagine it is quite easy.

LFD dies, Bolvar ressurects them.
    Nothing in the established lore actually precludes an LFD from being ressurected i would think. If Zeliek and Sally Whitemane could retain and use their holy powers when they got ressurected i don't see why LFD wouldnt.
    They've already data mined DK skins for Pandaren and all Allied Races. They just haven't implemented them yet. I'd say we'll see them within 1-3 PTR patches with the way Patches have went so far.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post

Wait, are they going to start at level 55?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sir Zeliek show that even as a DK he can use the light, its a matter of faith.

when they ligthforge their bodies change, its something who don't revert, even after death they were already changed

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    The question is, why would a Lightforged Draenei choose to become a Death Knight? Original Death Knights were turned against their will by Arthas. New Death Knights will do so willingly. Makes no sense for a Lightforged Draenei.