10+ Year Old Account

How would you defeat this hero/villain?

Rules: the person above you posts a picture or name of a hero or villain from popular media, anything from comics, tv, gaming, movies, cartoons and so on (include a name if you add a picture and what genre their from if they are in several different genres)
    You then think up a method how you would defeat this character. Be creative.
    You then post your own hero or villain for the next person to defeat.

Starting off.

Iron man. Comic version.

10+ Year Old Account
    EMP pulse to disable his suit, then electrocution.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    EMP pulse to disable his suit, then electrocution.
    I was going to suggest this as well, but when I googled it I got answers that said his suit was "hardened against EMPs" or "had 10 second restart times" (WTH?).

My alternative would be to use a powerful electromagnet to lock Iron Man down, like the ones you see on industrial cranes. It'd completely immobilize him and fry his circuitry. You could then easily kill him (assuming he wasn't already crushed inside his own suit). The only hard part would be trying to bait Iron Man close enough to electromagnet, so it'd probably need to be hidden inside a building, and you'd need like a hostage so he has to come inside rather than simply blowing the building up. I suppose the only weakness in the plan depends on whether or not Iron Man has infared vision or something and can detect, but I'm not getting into semantics.

Joshua Bright from Trails in the Sky

Trails has a lot of powerlevel bullshit, where characters like McBurn and Arianrhod wield extraordinary raw firepower, and are therefore considered "unbeatable". That doesn't make sense when you have characters like Rean Schwarzer, Fie Clausell, and Joshua Bright, who have super speed. They can (canonically, not just in gameplay but during serious cutscenes on a consistent basis) flash step a fifty foot distance in the blink of an eye, leaving afterimages of themselves that other people focus on rather than their actual position. I'm sorry Falcom, it doesn't matter how powerful McBurn's flames or supernovas are; won't save him from a guy zipping around and stabbing him in the back in an instant. Thus, why I am curious as to if anyone has any idea how they could be countered.

I think this could be applied to characters with superspeed in general, like Quicksilver. Is there a way to defeat them?
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-11-30 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I think this could be applied to characters with superspeed in general, like Quicksilver. Is there a way to defeat them?
    Deathstroke has beaten Flash through planning and strategy. A series of traps that caused him to both be forced to travel a specific way and be thrown off balance. Then he hit him where he knew Flash had to be. That being said, I'm pretty sure that was Wally and not Barry, but I can't remember. Ice also causes speedsters all sorts of problems, depending on the writer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emp his ass, punch hole in his suit and send in a horde of angry carnivorous insects to eat his ass alive.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I was going to suggest this as well, but when I googled it I got answers that said his suit was "hardened against EMPs" or "had 10 second restart times" (WTH?).

My alternative would be to use a powerful electromagnet to lock Iron Man down, like the ones you see on industrial cranes. It'd completely immobilize him and fry his circuitry. You could then easily kill him (assuming he wasn't already crushed inside his own suit). The only hard part would be trying to bait Iron Man close enough to electromagnet, so it'd probably need to be hidden inside a building, and you'd need like a hostage so he has to come inside rather than simply blowing the building up. I suppose the only weakness in the plan depends on whether or not Iron Man has infared vision or something and can detect, but I'm not getting into semantics.

Joshua Bright from Trails in the Sky

Trails has a lot of powerlevel bullshit, where characters like McBurn and Arianrhod wield extraordinary raw firepower, and are therefore considered "unbeatable". That doesn't make sense when you have characters like Rean Schwarzer, Fie Clausell, and Joshua Bright, who have super speed. They can (canonically, not just in gameplay but during serious cutscenes on a consistent basis) flash step a fifty foot distance in the blink of an eye, leaving afterimages of themselves that other people focus on rather than their actual position. I'm sorry Falcom, it doesn't matter how powerful McBurn's flames or supernovas are; won't save him from a guy zipping around and stabbing him in the back in an instant. Thus, why I am curious as to if anyone has any idea how they could be countered.

Ironman suit is made up of nonferromagnetic in most comics now a days so magnets wouldn’t work.
    Honestly the best way to defeat him is misdirection, he is his own worst enemy and has multiple times done himself in by deleting his own brain or wrecking his own body. Just gotta play to his ego and encourage some of his more deranged ideas till he kills himself again.

For super speed characters you just use their own ability against them.
    Tech way, make an elaborate trap filled base and place an electrified(or exploding)Doppler of yourself in the middle, while they feel smug navigating it, they won’t realize the dopple is the real trap all along.

Magic way, reverse portal reflect spell(basically he stabs himself) fire shield, etc
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2019-12-01 at 02:58 AM.

Ship him tons and ton of alcohol and let him pickle his liver.
    Or in his sleep with a stick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ship him tons and ton of alcohol and let him pickle his liver.
    Or in his sleep with a stick.
    On a horse? With a lance?

Rey from the star wars sequels
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Rey from the star wars sequels
    Spend time becoming her confidant and then stop responding to her text messages. Her insecurities will do the job for you.

Ok, the image is bigger than I thought, yet that is somewhat appropriate.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2019-12-06 at 03:54 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Spend time becoming her confidant and then stop responding to her text messages. Her insecurities will do the job for you.

https://i.imgur.com/lmLpjYB.png

First I've seen this guy, but I guess a Sonic/Donkey Kong hybrid, so I'd just feed him a mountain of chili dogs and bananas. I doubt he'd be able to control himself if I just loaded him up. He'd eventually just overeat himself into a coma, or he'd at least get too sick to fight me.

Bowsette

Last edited by avitush; 2019-12-06 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post

wow that's so fucked up man, are you serious
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Tzeentch. The Changer of Ways, the Architect of Fate, the Chaos God of Change, Evolution and Intrigue.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    First I've seen this guy, but I guess a Sonic/Donkey Kong hybrid, so I'd just feed him a mountain of chili dogs and bananas. I doubt he'd be able to control himself if I just loaded him up. He'd eventually just overeat himself into a coma, or he'd at least get too sick to fight me.

Bowsette

I'd first poke the crown off with a stick making him regular Bowser again, then I'd throw some basket balls into the air 3 times to finish him off when they hit his head

Kefka Palazzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post

Bowsette

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/HpGlQWSg.jpg[IMG]
    Knock the crown off with a fireball flower shot and then send Mario after Bowser, he always seems to win. (Except at go-karts, where Bowser CHEATS!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

How would you defeat Khan Noonien Singh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    How would you defeat Khan Noonien Singh?
    Not a particularly impressive adversary, considering that he he been beaten by normies several times in the franchise.

• Overthrown by the people of Earth, locked into stasis on a ship that was thrown into space.
    • Beaten up by Kirk using a simple trick.
    • Was too stupid to realize that the Enterprise could be above or below the Reliant.

In the JJ Abrams films, he also
    • forgets that his crewmembers are in torpedoes and that he is requesting torpedo objects to be beamed to his ship, doesn't check the transporters to make sure that they are actually his crewmembers and not actual armed torpedoes
    • gets beaten up by Spock

I'm guessing that the novels probably make him more impressive, but his onscreen portrayls will always stain the character.

In all honesty, any character that is supposed to be "super intelligent" is held back by the fact that they can only be as clever as the author of the story. Khan is no exception to this rule. The script sure likes to tout Khan as "better", but he doesn't demonstrate any consistently impressive feats onscreen. The whole super human schtick could have been removed and nothing would have changed.

Julian Bashir is DS9 is revealed retconned to be genetically modified, but once again, he does not demonstrate any consistently impressive feats of cleverness beyond technobabble.

Really, I think the writers overlooked something that already made him interesting: his charisma. How else was he able to amass followers and take over the world? Why else is his crew willing to die for him? Rather than making him into a villain to be defeated in combat, they should have focused on him being a political villains who wins over hearts and minds who do combat for him.