Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Another for me was Brotherhood of the Wolf. I had no idea what to expect going in to that and I was in awe at what I was watching. So much so that I wanted to sit there and hope it played again in the next 5 minutes so I could soak it all in.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Crazy how people are saying Momento and Transformers.

Those are mine too, straight after seeing Transformers in the theater I just wanted to go see it again. It's a shame the sequels just kept getting worse. I think The Last Knight is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I watched Momento on DVD every day for a week. Back when Nolan had only made two movies. I'll never miss a Nolan movie now.

Fight Club is another one. I've seen that at least 30 times since it came out.

The Matrix also. Game changer that one

Pirates of the Carribean 2: dead mans chest

Pacific rim.

Don't know if it'd be considered an unpopular opinion tho.
    Not the best movie(s) plotwise, but aesthetics and atmosphere are amazing. Great movies if you just want to see giant robots beat up giant monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Pacific rim.

Don't know if it'd be considered an unpopular opinion tho.
    Not the best movie(s) plotwise, but aesthetics and atmosphere are amazing. Great movies if you just want to see giant robots beat up giant monsters.
    Some friends had come up for my birthday and we decided to go out to the cinema, it being my birthday I realise I could ask for a 'trashy' sci fi action flick and get away with it. Reaaly fun movie, didn't take itself seriously, it was fucking big monsters fighting fucking big robots, whats not to love.

I hear the recent Godzilla movie aimed to please along the same lines, although I've not seen it.

More OT: I bought tickets for back to back screenings of The Phantom Menace when it first came out; but for all I knew I could have hated the movie. In terms of films I saw and then because of the movie itself I immediately wanted to watch it again, probably Daywatch. I saw it before the first of the two, and was totally blown away by the style of it.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-12-01 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator

I remember my best friend and I went to watch it having never heard of anything related to it. We went in, watched it came out and told one another "let's go watch it again", and we did so immediately after.

And Gladiator became one of those few movies that became worth of watching it 10 times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mad Max 2 .... I watched that movie more times than I can count on one hand while it played in the movie theater. Same with Aliens, Pink Floyd The Wall, Blade Runner and in newer time Terminator 2.

Gesh I'm getting old ... ok so newer movies:
    All I can think of having watched more than one or two times in the movie theater is Matrix ... no that's still old I guess ... oh and Mad Max Fury Road was the latest

Edit:
    Forgot Rocky Horror Picture Show every drunken Friday at midnight for about a year or so lol
    Last edited by Bildur; 2019-12-01 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Another for me was Fellowship of the Ring. I saw it 9 times in the theatres.
    I was the same way with Fellowship of the Ring. Soon as I finished it, I wanted to watch it again.

Thinking a bit more on this question, there's The Ring (Naomi Watts' version), Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut, CA The Winter Soldier and The Dark Knight. The first Pirates of the Caribbean and Chronicles of Narnia TLTWTW as well.

Oh and Wall-E, which I loved so much.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-12-01 at 09:38 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of Movies I've watched multiple times in the same Week, but none I can think of that I've watched back to back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    You miss your childhood. Not "old Pixar". Children today are in love with recent Pixar movies just as much as you are in love with the old movies.

You're supposed to be an adult now. Your grown brain doesn't see childhood magic anymore. It only hardly remembers what it was like.
    Ehh maybe for you, But I can rewatch Old Disney Movies and still thoroughly enjoy them as an Adult and think the newer movies are hot garbage.

Shrek 1 & 2
    Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2
    All 3 how to train your dragon movies
    Hot Fuzz

These are the ones that come to mind right away

The only movie that comes close to an epic climax like Shrek 2's for me is Endgame. Just cap finally being able to say those two iconic lines without any cuts still makes my spine tingle.

Also Spiderman: Far from Home. I like stories that have subtle foreshadowing so I have to rewatch them to see them in the background.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-12-01 at 10:04 AM.

Megamind and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tron: Legacy

To this day I will never understand the hate this movie gets. The visuals and music blew my mind when I saw it in theater and if it wasn't for the limited numbers of viewings where I live due to some legal bullshit with Disney I would have seen it more.
    Still watch it on the regular.
    Also I saw Transformers about 3 times in theaters. It was a damn entertaining movie when it came out even with its flaws.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2019-12-01 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Typo

More than i can remember, but a special one is Blade Runner 2049.

The original took me over 10 years of watching at least 2 different versions to truly appreciate it, but eventually it became my favorite movie by far. When i heard a sequel was coming, i just found it unnecessary and bound to fail but instead it did the impossible by being almost as good as the original and doing so without trying to emulate it too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    You miss your childhood. Not "old Pixar". Children today are in love with recent Pixar movies just as much as you are in love with the old movies.

You're supposed to be an adult now. Your grown brain doesn't see childhood magic anymore. It only hardly remembers what it was like.
    No i dont miss my childhood. You should really stop making asumptions.

I don't think any has after I reached adulthood. The likes of Interstellar and Inside Man warrant more viewings over time, but not consecutively.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Moana multiple times in the same day. In terms of just wanting more of it, I'd say Ad Astra. I loved that movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Burning (Directed by Lee Chang-dong, based on a short story from Haruki Murakami)

It's a movie that slowly builds up and makes you want to go back to read into all the little details again.

Amazing psychological thriller. I'll leave the trailer here

Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2019-12-01 at 12:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    John Wick 1

7+ Year Old Account
    V For Vendetta.

Trumbo
    Zero Dark Thirty
    Green Book
    The Dark Knight (which is rather funny since with every watch I realized that Heath carried the shit out of a very pretentious, convoluted story)