Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    for me as weird as it might sound coming from a Male. but Titanic. i went and saw it with my brother i think 4 times in theatres.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    There's plenty of Movies I've watched multiple times in the same Week, but none I can think of that I've watched back to back.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh maybe for you, But I can rewatch Old Disney Movies and still thoroughly enjoy them as an Adult and think the newer movies are hot garbage.
    Again, nostalgia. I hated Cars yet I know kids who are grown up now and still love it.

The kids who watched Frozen are gonna be slightly older and excited to see Frozen 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No i dont miss my childhood. You should really stop making asumptions.
    You do miss your childhood. You miss that feeling of childhood wonder. You're upset at Pixar movies for not inducing that childhood wonder anymore.

Grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight Club and Deep Blue Sea immediately come to mind. Didn't catch them in theaters, so I rented them from... Blockbuster.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Again, nostalgia. I hated Cars yet I know kids who are grown up now and still love it.

The kids who watched Frozen are gonna be slightly older and excited to see Frozen 2.

- - - Updated - - -

You do miss your childhood. You miss that feeling of childhood wonder. You're upset at Pixar movies for not inducing that childhood wonder anymore.

Grow up.
    Me: no i dont miss my childhood
    You: yes you do grow up

The fuck?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Pacific rim.

Don't know if it'd be considered an unpopular opinion tho.
    Not the best movie(s) plotwise, but aesthetics and atmosphere are amazing. Great movies if you just want to see giant robots beat up giant monsters.
    I remember being blown away by Pacific Rim, especially the Otachi fight. I immediately called my friend and said I will pay for him to watch this movie.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Me: no i dont miss my childhood
    You: yes you do grow up

The fuck?
    It's the only reason you think Pixar has dropped in quality. That's what nostalgia is. Remembering something being better than it was because you grew up with it.

Let go and grow up

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the only reason you think Pixar has dropped in quality. That's what nostalgia is. Remembering something being better than it was because you grew up with it.

Let go and grow up
    You're right nothing can be objectively good so in 15 years i see you praising the lighthouse ill tell you its jus nostalgia and to grow up

Memento when it first came out.

You're right nothing can be objectively good so in 15 years i see you praising the lighthouse ill tell you its jus nostalgia and to grow up
    And you'd be right lol. It'll most likely have aged terribly by then. Who knows.

I never said old Pixar isn't good. Old Pixar is still good. The thing is, Pixar is still good. In fact, children and even adults love it more than ever before. The numbers don't lie.

You were a child when you saw its older movies. You have nostalgia attached to those movies, thus making it look like old Pixar was better. That's how nostalgia works.

You don't develop these feelings for new Pixar movies because you're no longer a child.. at least, when it comes to your age. Your attitude and opinions on these forums say otherwise.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-02 at 04:04 AM.

Feels tend to be the deciding factor when people talk about shit they enjoyed as kids.

Just sayin'. Objectively well made movies can be shit in the eyes of a large enough amount of people to not be successful.

Pixar movies are still good by and large and a hit with audiences to prove it, there is no "old Pixar".

10+ Year Old Account
    The Prestige

<3
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

And you'd be right lol. It'll most likely have aged terribly by then. Who knows.

I never said old Pixar isn't good. Old Pixar is still good. The thing is, Pixar is still good. In fact, children and even adults love it more than ever before. The numbers don't lie.

You were a child when you saw its older movies. You have nostalgia attached to those movies, thus making it look like old Pixar was better. That's how nostalgia works.

You don't develop these feelings for new Pixar movies because you're no longer a child.. at least, when it comes to your age. Your attitude and opinions on these forums say otherwise.
    As someone with a diagnosis that literally makes me remember the past in vivid detail (not clouded by nostalgia), for better or worse, I approve of this message.

I feel far stronger for Toy Story 3 than I did about the first 2. I was a child when watching the first 2, an adult when the 3rd came out. They must be doing something right still.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As someone with a diagnosis that literally makes me remember the past in vivid detail (not clouded by nostalgia), for better or worse, I approve of this message.

I feel far stronger for Toy Story 3 than I did about the first 2. I was a child when watching the first 2, an adult when the 3rd came out. They must be doing something right still.
    I absolutely loved Toy Story 4. I went in thinking it was gonna be a dumb cash grab and stepped out almost in tears. That movie moved me and a movie hasn't been able to get that kind of emotion out of me in a long while.

Pixar's still got it.

15+ Year Old Account

I mean you can look at cars 2 and good dinosaur and see theh arent still good. Its also ironic you call me a child when every single time you reply to me you insult me so im just gonna report you

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Which movie, after just seeing it, did you want to either rewind and watch it again or watch it again within 24 hours before anything else?

For me, the most recent was Ford v Ferrari. Also, Blade Runner 2049, and the first Transformers(yes I know, but that one had and still has, imo, a charm to it that's very different than the others. Plus it was the first time seeing anything like that)
    Ready Player One, loved that Movie.

I mean you can look at cars 2 and good dinosaur and see theh arent still good. Its also ironic you call me a child when every single time you reply to me you insult me so im just gonna report you

- - - Updated - - -

You're not a child anymore. Of course the new movies are gonna be so so to you. Yet you still act like a child, so of course you're gonna point out the couple so-so movies out of all the excellent movies to act like they prove your already lacking point.

Also, weren't you the same person to call me a retard because you didn't like my opinion?

Anyways, this thread is about movies so good you watched them twice. Not "Pixar bad because I think my childhood was better than children these days".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ready Player One, loved that Movie.
    OMG how could I forget that! I saw it the next day and bought it day one on bluray and I never do that.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

My most watched movie(s) is probably the matrix1/2/3. Aside from that, there’s no other movie that I’ve come close to watching that many times. Other movies I’ve watched multiple times are yugioh the movie and the original starwars trilogy. I was forced to watch disney movies like the lion king and Aladdin as a toddler. Pretty much on repeat in my house for whatever reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not a child anymore. Of course the new movies are gonna be so so to you. Yet you still act like a child, so of course you're gonna point out the couple so-so movies out of all the excellent movies to act like they prove your already lacking point.

Also, weren't you the same person to call me a retard because you didn't like my opinion?

Anyways, this thread is about movies so good you watched them twice. Not "Pixar bad because I think my childhood was better than children these days".
    Except i really like ts3 so youre just wrong. And you dont know a thing about me to call me a child when you insult me every single post. And yes i insulted you back, obviously, just pointing out your irony. You also went off topic first, like an “adult”

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    When I first saw the new Godzilla: King of the Monsters, I honestly could've walked out of one viewing straight into the next and been happy. I had a huge grin across my face almost the entirety of that movie.
    Same for me, loved that film.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!