Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the guy refuses to admit any fault with blizzard games. that's the issue. whether i like a game or not is irrelevant to this discussion. d3 was not an unbuggy, polished game on release like the guy says. that means either he is being dishonest or is a blind fanboy. if there are more options, i'm open to hearing them but you can't say blizzards absolute worst game of the decade was amazing and expect people to buy it and anything else you say.

edit: if d3 wasn't buggy or unpolished there wouldn't have been such popular songs like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqXO...erenceJayMusic about how buggy the game was. this is a matter of context to what was said, not my opinion on the game when it was released.
    It's nto about admitting fault. ANd whether you like the game or not is at the core of the entire discussion. The game doesn't cater to you, so you declare that the deves don't have passion and are only about the money. And now this post amounts to nothing more than " My opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is being dishonest or a blind fanboi". You are getting to ridiculous levels with the projection of your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's nto about admitting fault. ANd whether you like the game or not is at the core of the entire discussion. The game doesn't cater to you, so you declare that the deves don't have passion and are only about the money. And now this post amounts to nothing more than " My opinion is fact and anyone who disagrees is being dishonest or a blind fanboi". You are getting to ridiculous levels with the projection of your opinions.
    just because i don't like a game doesn't mean it isn't buggy. me not liking the game doesn't mean that error 37 wasn't exploding in everyones faces. i couldn't even play d3 at launch because my computer wasn't good enough and i didn't get one strong enough until after i had graduated high school. the only reason i had the base game was because i was a sucker high schooler at the time that signed up for the mop beta pass that required me to stay subbed for a year.

and no, i did not say anywhere that the devs had no passion for the game. i said the game was buggy and unpolished. i still have a passion for wow even though blizz has been an extremely greedy business that i refuse to do business with right now. heck, for as much fault as digital homicide had for being massive idiots, they were still passionate about the products they made. those products were just asset flips meant to make them money by getting bots to play the games so they could sell the steam trading cards for money but they were still passionate about it.

you need to separate fact from feeling. something i'm doing but you very clearly aren't. i can admit a game is bad even when i love the company. i can admit a game was good when i hate the company (take jedi fallen order, i absolutely loath EA but for once they didn't force scummy money grubbing tactics and the game wasn't great but it was good). i'm taking things into consideration beyond how i feel about the publisher/makers of the game. something you and the person who did this interview clearly can't.

now unless you bother to bring up an actual point rather than just saying "no, you" again, i'm done with this as i hate wasting my time talking to walls.

just because i don't like a game doesn't mean it isn't buggy. me not liking the game doesn't mean that error 37 wasn't exploding in everyones faces. i couldn't even play d3 at launch because my computer wasn't good enough and i didn't get one strong enough until after i had graduated high school. the only reason i had the base game was because i was a sucker high schooler at the time that signed up for the mop beta pass that required me to stay subbed for a year.

and no, i did not say anywhere that the devs had no passion for the game. i said the game was buggy and unpolished. i still have a passion for wow even though blizz has been an extremely greedy business that i refuse to do business with right now. heck, for as much fault as digital homicide had for being massive idiots, they were still passionate about the products they made. those products were just asset flips meant to make them money by getting bots to play the games so they could sell the steam trading cards for money but they were still passionate about it.
    Such BS. But you have four false narrative to run I guess. YOu not liking the game does not = they are greedy.

[qupte]you need to separate fact from feeling. something i'm doing but you very clearly aren't. i can admit a game is bad even when i love the company. i can admit a game was good when i hate the company (take jedi fallen order, i absolutely loath EA but for once they didn't force scummy money grubbing tactics and the game wasn't great but it was good). i'm taking things into consideration beyond how i feel about the publisher/makers of the game. something you and the person who did this interview clearly can't. [/quote]Again BS. Everything you say is based on how you feel. I am the one seperating fact from feeling because I haven't once mentioned how I even feel about the game.

now unless you bother to bring up an actual point rather than just saying "no, you" again, i'm done with this as i hate wasting my time talking to walls.
    I have brought up points. You ignore them and discount them because they don't fit your narrative. You have already declared your opinions fact and do not want to hear anything that disagrees with you. You made that clear with your "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is a blind fanboy" post. The one talking to a wall here isn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Very true. Talented and creative game designers working out of a basement want to make it big and sell their IP for millions of dollars as much as anyone that gets into any business.
    Yeah toby fox amazing indie dev made a good few hacks and then bopom undertale and deltarune doing something even AAA devs couldnt d- oh...
    he just sold out, making music for a game that ends up shitty.
    hey sans as a... costume... for smash... but hey kickass song!
    and hey song for... pokemon sword and shield!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Can there be any doubt left that the Blizzard we knew and loved, the one that once gave us quality games, for gamers by gamers, is well and truly dead? Its very soul consumed by Activision?
    No. It's been that way for almost a decade though.

well i didn't play d2. so acting like i hate d3 and love d2 is a stupid straw man argument on your part.

- - - Updated - - -

if you read my post, you'd already know what was buggy and unpolished.
    I read your post. The only thing that could be remotely considered buggy and unpolished is a Wizard Orb without Wizard stats, but that is the crux of random loot. Everything else was going exactly as the developers intended. Just because what the developers intended didn't mesh with what the consumers wanted doesn't mean the game is buggy and unpolished. There was plenty wrong with D3 at launch, but hardly any of it was a problem of being "buggy and unpolished."

Maybe, but even under current conditions I enjoy the hell out of their games. Well, not WoW so much, it's had a rough run lately. Still, Legion happened under current circumstances, so I don't know where the blame for BFA's shittiness lies.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=297...by-john-staats

From the book:

Can there be any doubt left that the Blizzard we knew and loved, the one that once gave us quality games, for gamers by gamers, is well and truly dead? Its very soul consumed by Activision?
    Such seems to be (sadly) the fate of the entire gaming industry, it isn't something exclusive to Blizzard.

Besides, much like Blizzard has been rightfully praised for achievements such as Brood War or WC3, it also deserves all the flak they've got for subpar products like WoD or BfA (so far). Neither Vivendi is to praise nor Activision is to blame, respectively. And I say this as one of the biggest Kotick haters you will ever find on teh interwebz.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Maybe, but even under current conditions I enjoy the hell out of their games. Well, not WoW so much, it's had a rough run lately. Still, Legion happened under current circumstances, so I don't know where the blame for BFA's shittiness lies.
    And MoP which is widely regarded, even here, as one if the best expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    People focus their ire too narrowly, though understandably so. The gaming industry has changed a great deal in the intervening 15 years since the release of WoW, and even moreso from the fulsome indie days of yore (the 70's, 80's, and 90's). Capitalization is rife within the industry, leading to the rise of "AAA" and "Live Service" practices that hamper the development of new games and even the innovation of current games in the name of perpetual monetization of existing products. Making new products is expensive, difficult, and a gamble for any company - so instead of focusing on innovation and development, they opt for the safer path of increased monetization of existing successful products until they are no longer viable.

This isn't restricted to Activision-Blizzard by any means, it's endemic to the entire gaming industry, and swiftly spreading to even the remaining indie scene as they adapt to the "AAA" and "Live Service" models in the name of profit. The sadder aspect of this equation is that we (as in the gaming sector of the populace) are just as complicit in this shift as the studios, developers, and publishers are - we silently consent to these practices with our wallets, continuing to back the models at every turn with record profits. I think it's somewhat foolhardy to be mad at Activision-Blizzard, or any other publisher, for resorting to practices with a proven track-record of profit for their company and shareholders. If these practices weren't successful and lucrative, they wouldn't be used. They reason they are successful and lucrative is because we've made it so.

If you want to create true and lasting change in the gaming industry, vote with your wallet and reward the companies who do take the gamble to create new products and innovate without reliance on the AAA/Live Service model. Do it even if the resulting products aren't super stellar, all in the name of rewarding the behavior if not the product itself. If these practices become less lucrative than returning to the development model, you'll see the inevitably paradigm shift back to the traditional model(s) of development once more. The industry will always follow the money.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-13 at 01:55 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I read your post. The only thing that could be remotely considered buggy and unpolished is a Wizard Orb without Wizard stats, but that is the crux of random loot. Everything else was going exactly as the developers intended. Just because what the developers intended didn't mesh with what the consumers wanted doesn't mean the game is buggy and unpolished. There was plenty wrong with D3 at launch, but hardly any of it was a problem of being "buggy and unpolished."
    so... not being able to play the game at launch isn't a bug and is polished? man, the fan boys aren't even trying anymore. this is just a pathetic attempt at an argument. calling it an argument is way too generous as you just try to pass off something as serious as a broken game at launch as being polished and unbuggy. you have no evidence, you have nothing supporting your "point". just because the game is good now, doesn't mean it was good then. just because the developers had passion for a project, doesn't mean the project ended up working out. mass effect is a big example of that.

you saying the d3 at launch wasn't broken is like saying no man's sky didn't lie about all the features it would have at launch. it's dishonest and immoral. so if you can seriously say that d3 at launch was polished and unbuggy, then you are so blind you should have a guide dog.