Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lord of the Reins counter vs Mount Journal

Good afternoon forgive me for the perhaps stupid question, I'm working on Lord of the Reins which shows me at 275/300 mounts, if I open my mount journal on my hunter I'm at 318 mounts, is my 318 mount journal showing me all the mounts I've collected from both Alliance and Horde? which is where it pulls the 318 mount number from? and class specific mounts?

A friend said I'm perhaps best farming mounts on a Paladin as they get a few extra mounts from the Argent Tournament?

Go into Achievements/Statistics/Character/Gear:

There you'll see Mounts Owned on that single character that will count towards the achievements.
    I always go by my Paladin's mounts when counting towards achievements, even though it's not my main. But the Paladin's mounts show up as "unusable" on my main, but still count in the tab.

The achievement counts the maximum usable mounts on one char of your account, which probably is a char that has class specific mounts.
    The number in the mount journal shows all mounts you have collected, for different classes and different factions.

Paladin has his 2 class quest mounts, and 4 more from legion order hall.
    Soeven if your main has not reached the required number for the achiev, you can login with the pala and bam, get it !!

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    A friend said I'm perhaps best farming mounts on a Paladin as they get a few extra mounts from the Argent Tournament?
    Yes, some classes have more mounts that count towards the achievement counter than others, but this isn't a reason to farm OTHER mounts on those specific classes. Either you worded it in a weird way, or your friend isn't the sharpest knife.

Let's say you want to farm Invincible, it doesn't matter what character you farm it on, because you can just relog to your paladin after getting it and the counter will jump if you have the class specific mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticBard View Post
    Paladin has his 2 class quest mounts, and 4 more from legion order hall.
    Soeven if your main has not reached the required number for the achiev, you can login with the pala and bam, get it !!
    Legion class hall mounts count on every character. But yes, Paladin has a unique class mount, and also a special mount available in Argent Tournament, so make sure to get those.

273/300 here. But if the achievement took into account the mount tab counter, I'd be into the mid 300s already.

i just got the dread raven, didn't count, stuck on 349

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    i just got the dread raven, didn't count, stuck on 349
    Relog to the character that has the most mounts (or in other words, has the surplus mounts that don't count on other characters) - usually a pally or a DK possibly. But you can try all of your alts ofc

this one has the most (hunter, ally)

funny thing, i had 346 on her, bought 3 mounts on my horde warrior, it went to 349, even though i have the equivalent mounts on ally (some faction ones)

then got the dread raven to get to 350, didn't work, so i bought one to make it to 350, then got the icecore thing, so 351, then bought the motorbike in stormwind, so 352, then checked my mount count, and it was at 353, so i guess the raven counted afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got that after I got the Korrak mount and was genuinely surprised lol I didn’t think I had that many. Warlocks have 3 from Legion and 2 from class specific mounts as well. I didn’t realize paladins had 4 in the order hall tho so I’ll have to finish that questline lol
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    this one has the most (hunter, ally)

funny thing, i had 346 on her, bought 3 mounts on my horde warrior, it went to 349, even though i have the equivalent mounts on ally (some faction ones)

then got the dread raven to get to 350, didn't work, so i bought one to make it to 350, then got the icecore thing, so 351, then bought the motorbike in stormwind, so 352, then checked my mount count, and it was at 353, so i guess the raven counted afterall.
    The are barely any mounts that don't count, probably mostly the other faction equivalents of something you already have. You should always assume the mount will be counted, and yeah Dread Raven of course does count.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I just got that after I got the Korrak mount and was genuinely surprised lol I didn’t think I had that many. Warlocks have 3 from Legion and 2 from class specific mounts as well. I didn’t realize paladins had 4 in the order hall tho so I’ll have to finish that questline lol
    Order hall class specific mounts count on every character. It does seem a bit weird and against the usual rule, but that's how it is. So if you're after the count, get all of them, and all of them will count on all characters, not just the ones specific to a class on that particular character.

And if you think they don't because simple armory only shows you your class mounts, then that's unfortunately the problem on the side of that site. It might not even be the fault of the guy who codes the site, it's possible the armory just displays one of them for each character or something along those lines. But all of them for sure count.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was another thread earlier in the year that was discussing Mount Collection cross factions and there were a few people that were a little confused about just how many mounts Paladins can get. You can go check Warcraft Mounts Class Mounts to see which classes get what mounts, but if you really want to maximise the number of available mounts then you need an Ironforge Dwarf Paladin because they can get a grand total of 8 Paladin mounts:
    Warhorse + Charger + Dawnforge Ram + Argent Charger + Highlord's Golden Charger + Highlord's Valorous Charger + Highlord's Vengeful Charger + Highlord's Vigilant Charger = 8.
    Playing WoW since July 2005!
    MMO's I'm playing/played: WoW; SWTOR; FFXIV; ESO; GW; GW2; LotRO; STO; Neverwinter; DDO; Riders of Icarus; Rift; Rift Prime; AoC; Aion; Tera; EQ; EQ2; SWG; Vanguard; Matrix Online; PWI; Fallen Earth; Lineage 2; ArchLord; RF Online

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly UK View Post
    You can go check Warcraft Mounts Class Mounts to see which classes get what mounts, but if you really want to maximise the number of available mounts then you need an Ironforge Dwarf Paladin because they can get a grand total of 8 Paladin mounts:
    Warhorse + Charger + Dawnforge Ram + Argent Charger + Highlord's Golden Charger + Highlord's Valorous Charger + Highlord's Vengeful Charger + Highlord's Vigilant Charger = 8.
    Make a Draenei / Lightforged Draenei and you get 1 more, they get 2 paladin Elekks while Dwarfs / Dark Irons only get 1 ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Make a Draenei / Lightforged Draenei and you get 1 more, they get 2 paladin Elekks while Dwarfs / Dark Irons only get 1 ram.
    I have got both a Draenei and a Lightforged Draenei Paladin, last time I checked my Draenei Paladin she did NOT have access to either the Warhorse or Charger, Draenei Paladins get the Exarch's Elekk and Great Exarch's Elekk instead of the Warhorse and Charger. Haven't really done much of anything with my Lightforged Draenei Paladin since I created her so I'll need to double-check which Paladin mounts in my collection are available for her to use. I also have an Ironforge Dwarf Paladin from before they got the Dawnforge Ram in addition to the Warhorse and Charger.

As I understand it, the initial Paladin class mounts are as follows:
    Human Paladins get Warhorse and Charger;
    Blood Elf Paladins get Thalassian Warhorse and Thalassian Charger;
    Draenei Paladins (including Lightforged) get Exarch's Elekk and Great Exarch's Elekk;
    Tauren Paladins get Sunwalker Kodo and Great Sunwalker Kodo;
    Ironforge Dwarf Paladins get Warhorse and Charger and Dawnforge Ram;
    Dark Iron Dwarf Paladins get Warhorse and Charger and Darkforge Ram;
    Zandalari Troll Paladins get Crusader's Direhorn.

Then of course all Paladins can get the Argent Charger and all 4 of the Highlord's Chargers (Highlord's Golden Charger; Highlord's Valorous Charger; Highlord's Vengeful Charger and Highlord's Vigilant Charger).

Of course it's possible that Blizzard have changed something and I simply haven't noticed, I don't constantly check which mounts are available to which characters because I have far too many characters (71) and over 350 mounts to waste time constantly double-checking each characters personal mount collection!
    MMO's I'm playing/played: WoW; SWTOR; FFXIV; ESO; GW; GW2; LotRO; STO; Neverwinter; DDO; Riders of Icarus; Rift; Rift Prime; AoC; Aion; Tera; EQ; EQ2; SWG; Vanguard; Matrix Online; PWI; Fallen Earth; Lineage 2; ArchLord; RF Online

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Good afternoon forgive me for the perhaps stupid question, I'm working on Lord of the Reins which shows me at 275/300 mounts, if I open my mount journal on my hunter I'm at 318 mounts, is my 318 mount journal showing me all the mounts I've collected from both Alliance and Horde? which is where it pulls the 318 mount number from? and class specific mounts?

The mount journal will list ALL mounts you have, even the ones you cannot use (due to faction or class).

You can track how many mounts your current character can use using the Statistic section of your Achievements window. (third tab on the bottom, I believe)

And yes, paladin is the best one since they do have one specific mount from the Argent Tournament, +2 class mounts, +1 from Order Hall questline in Legion, then +3 you can buy from a vendor in the Order Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly UK View Post
    I have got both a Draenei and a Lightforged Draenei Paladin, last time I checked my Draenei Paladin she did NOT have access to either the Warhorse or Charger, Draenei Paladins get the Exarch's Elekk and Great Exarch's Elekk instead of the Warhorse and Charger. Haven't really done much of anything with my Lightforged Draenei Paladin since I created her so I'll need to double-check which Paladin mounts in my collection are available for her to use. I also have an Ironforge Dwarf Paladin from before they got the Dawnforge Ram in addition to the Warhorse and Charger.
    Dunno what to tell you, I just went on my account, made LF Draenei Pala class trial, and they had the horses:

They also had the Elekks, both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Dunno what to tell you, I just went on my account, made LF Draenei Pala class trial, and they had the horses:

They also had the Elekks, both of them.
    Must be a somewhat recent change then, when I got the 350 mount achieve a few months ago it was my Ironforge Dwarf Paladin that actually "earned" the achieve and that was after I'd logged my BElf Paladin, then my Tauren Paladin followed by my Draenei Paladin and finally my Ironforge Dwarf Paladin. That's been my log-in routine for quite some time to increase my mount collection achievements over the years, always in that order and with each one I open the mount journal and then check the mount collection achievement to verify just which of my paladins is the one that increases the number the most. I hadn't created my Lf Paladin back then though so I guess I'll need to make a check on that one to see if my mount collection achievement gets a little increase. *shrug*

Gotta love when Blizz make changes that they never bother telling anyone about!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Go into Achievements/Statistics/Character/Gear:

There you'll see Mounts Owned on that single character that will count towards the achievements.
    I always go by my Paladin's mounts when counting towards achievements, even though it's not my main. But the Paladin's mounts show up as "unusable" on my main, but still count in the tab.
    When I look at my paladin, I see 270 mounts owned in achievements/statistics/character/gear, but in my achievement progress it is 267. Any idea why it would be higher in my achievements/statistics/character/gear than in my achievement progress?

Quote Originally Posted by ingenuuszero View Post
    When I look at my paladin, I see 270 mounts owned in achievements/statistics/character/gear, but in my achievement progress it is 267. Any idea why it would be higher in my achievements/statistics/character/gear than in my achievement progress?
    Paladin class has a couple mounts that are class-only and only count as usable on one character while on that class. It will depend how many more it has based on your time playing the game.

Once you log in to your paladin who has 270 mounts usable on one character owned, the achievement should update to 270 as well. If it does not, you may be experiencing a bug of some sort, potentially only visual. You will find out around 297-300 I guess.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I guess it is a bug. I have logged into my character several times and the achievement has not updated. I even submitted a ticket and was told "I have looked into this issue and can assure you that there is nothing wrong with the achievement nor your character." before getting directed to a support page that I had already used and exhausted all options on, so I guess I will just have to see what happens when I get close to 300. I appreciate your reply and attempt to help though...thank you!