Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is dying because all the streamers and zoomers that follow them got bored.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

How is it being rushed? Last I remember seeing was Blizzard just stated they will release in phases, and I thought they even stated it would be based on pacing (as in content cleared by %s of people) vs any specific timeframe of Vanilla.
    Other than that, if they are stepping up release to some time table I missed, I’d put money on it being more to do with all the raids being cleared multiple times by a ton of people rather than trying to help BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i love this

pre-classic: classic will kill retail

classic launch: classic saved WoW retail is dead.

months after launch: blizz is killing classic to save retail
    You are forgetting the final stage "Retail KILLED classic AGAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    These "people" are not even in the game tho, Just saying that Raid logging is a bad thing for the server and game as a whole.

Just help the community feel alive
    People raid log because there's nothing else to do in Classic.

Because it's a shit game. Can't blame the players for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The reason is that classic is not classic: people are rushing much faster through the content: that's because it's not vanilla, classic is at patch 1.12, where MC was already nerfed, where classes were buffed and 1.12 was supposed to be the pre-patch to BC
    No it wasn't, no they weren't, no it wasn't.

Vanilla was always this easy, people were just terrible gamers in 2004.

Only classic fanbois believe this bullshit about playing a "nerfed version" of the game. Absolute horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Classic is dying because all the streamers and zoomers that follow them got bored.
    Have any of the "major" streamers actually quit yet? I said it multiple times, and has been my reason for saying twitch views is a TERRIBLE way to measure success of a game. The reason is simple - its very reactive - people flood to the 'hot new thing' and then typically, leave just as fast. Sure, there are some exceptions, and longevity can certainly say something about a games popularity, but i always say the same thing - the games i dont mind watching i often dont play myself, and the ones i play myself i often dont watch.

Additionally, certain games are just easier to watch in the background - i would never watch a FPS stream as the exciting moments are very brief and sudden, requiring a certain level of concentration, while slower paced games like MOBAS and RPG / MMO are a bit more about the streamer / audience relationship and interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Raids in MoP had a lot more difficulties and raid sizes tho.. In classic it's just 1 raid size, So it's harder to gear up a full raid, Thus the raid need to be out for a longer period of time to make sure everyone gets their stuff
    Except you can clear those raids with 15 people and most decent guilds have been split running them for months already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the thread that was “blowing up” deleted on the official forums already?

The part about the logos makes me think this is some sort of troll.

Either way, what a dumb post.

This topic is the biggest example of tinfoil hat conspiracy I've ever seen. There is no way ONE SHORT RAID will impact Shadowlands that much. Classic fans are so incredibly arrogant, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Except you can clear those raids with 15 people and most decent guilds have been split running them for months already.
    Don't design the game around the elities.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    People raid log because there's nothing else to do in Classic.

Because it's a shit game. Can't blame the players for that.

- - - Updated - - -

No it wasn't, no they weren't, no it wasn't.

Vanilla was always this easy, people were just terrible gamers in 2004.

Only classic fanbois believe this bullshit about playing a "nerfed version" of the game. Absolute horse shit.
    absolutely incorrect. every class was overhauled and made much stronger between MC launch and 1.12, many MC and pre-raid items were tweaked to be more powerful long after MC (and BWL) launched. MC on classic is much much much easier than it was in vanilla. just read vanilla patch notes if you dont believe me.

im pretty sure its other way around.

5+ Year Old Account
    Retail is dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    The servers will be packed on release for Shadowlands, just like it has been with every single expansion.
    Ya I lol at this too. Classic die hard fans put way too much hype into classic when there really anything that special about it. It’s fun for some but the real game is retail.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    absolutely incorrect. every class was overhauled and made much stronger between MC launch and 1.12
    No, they weren't. Warriors got a significant overhaul, most other classes didn't change much at all.

Post the patch notes with the changes you are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    If you can't make your own fun in classic and has to have some thing hand-hold you, then you are not playing the correct game.

You and every one like you is the reason why the LookingForGroup chat is so dead now.. just a few months after release, I remember a 2 months ago, when there were strat, scholo, Spire groups shouting every minute and a lot of them.. same as with low lvl dungeons.. But now, it's so quiet.. Just because people can't just do dungeons for the fun of it, they have to have a reason or push to do it, and can't just do it for "fun"
    Yes, surely everyone else must be wrong. Not you. It's everyone else.

Wont all classic phases be released before Shadowland release?

Classic is being "rushed" because people are bitching there is nothing to do.

Surprise surprise people rushed through the leveling and raiding and now pvp because its 2019 and people know the game in and out becuse its not 2005 who knew?
    Of course someone needs to come up with some other explanation of course.

I'm not sure why people keep complaining, they keep playing Blizzard games, and puttin gup wtih stuff htey clearly aren't satisfied.

stop playing wow, classic or otherwise, let blizzard die, and come back later with a genuine effort and improvement, if they survive the tanking of wow.

It may be rushed to "fill in the gaps" of retail, but Shadowlands has no chance to be "Dead on Arrival".

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people playing Classic that also play retail. Now that retail is inbetween patches, they're most of the time in Classic. But when a new expansion hits, they'll be on that hands down. Until there's nothing new left and then maybe they'll go back to Classic to continue leveling or whatever they do there.

So yeah, if I was working at Blizz, I'd make it so Classic patches are inbetween Retail patches, so a player who player who plays both always has something to do (and keeps his sub up). It WOULD be pretty silly to release patches at the same time, wouldn't you agree? The point of Classic is not to split the community (despite what some people think).