Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    lol no. the only reason that they are pushing content out quicker is because it is easy as fuck content that everyone did 15 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Raids in MoP had a lot more difficulties and raid sizes tho.. In classic it's just 1 raid size, So it's harder to gear up a full raid, Thus the raid need to be out for a longer period of time to make sure everyone gets their stuff
    In MoP we had 3 difficulties: Normal (10/25), Heroic (10/25) and Flex (I think it was called Flex). They were on the same lockout, too - all sizes and difficulties, iirc, so no loot overlap.
    Mythic only came out at the end of the expansion, basically pre-patch, after like a year of Siege (I THINK it was a year, because I took a year break, came back and we still had SoO).

So for your average raider, it was still one raid difficulty at a time. Buuuut you're right - in 25m Siege you were getting a lot of loot, so you could gear up your raid pretty fast.

yeah, nobody's going to play a new expansion because zul'gurub is being re released on classic

Sounds like something blizzard would do

It’s so sad they are rushing the content like this.. We waited so long for Classic and now they’re pushing out the content too fast.. just for the sake of the new expansion..

Doesn't take a genius in his moms basement to know after 15 years classic is being "rushed" because people live in the past where MC took 5months to clear and now you clear it in 1 hour every week, so JUST LIKE RETAIL players have nothing to do and are bitching. BGs will actually quell the bitching and "Nothing to do" for most of the population, it will also shut up the pvp casuals who can't get on a boat and cry on the forums.
    It's a smart move 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    They are rushing Classic because players are already bored with nothing to do. Nothing to do with Shadowlands. I know for certain that personally I'm bored as hell with Classic already, barely bothering to log in once a week for raids. And believe me, Molten Core has been called Molten Bore for 15 years for a good reason. And I actually have played fairly casually too, took 2 months to reach 60. Hell I don't know if I will even bother with raiding anymore once BWL comes if that means I have to still be clearing MC too. They should really just rush AQ/Naxx out ASAP since those raids are actually interesting. Otherwise Classic will more or less die before we even get to those.

There's just not that much interesting content in the game right now. World PvP is a joke. Took me like 2 hours of Hillsbrad until my rose-tinted goggles dropped and I realized how fucking boring that is actually. You can't farm (gold/mats) anywhere right now because it's all a big gank fest. Basically all inns and flight paths are camped. Might be less shit situation on smaller pop servers, but definately sucks donkey balls on Gehennas-EU.

Isnt a major issue with classic at the moment that people have run out of things to do and there's so few people leveling now that getting into it has been made drastically less fun?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yes, surely everyone else must be wrong. Not you. It's everyone else.
    Well.. I can't fill the Lookingforgroup chat by myself, So i need the rest of the playerbase to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    In MoP we had 3 difficulties: Normal (10/25), Heroic (10/25) and Flex (I think it was called Flex). They were on the same lockout, too - all sizes and difficulties, iirc, so no loot overlap.
    Mythic only came out at the end of the expansion, basically pre-patch, after like a year of Siege (I THINK it was a year, because I took a year break, came back and we still had SoO).

So for your average raider, it was still one raid difficulty at a time. Buuuut you're right - in 25m Siege you were getting a lot of loot, so you could gear up your raid pretty fast.
    I just want more gear for our plebs, so they don't go into BWL in their current gear (Several of the caster dps have 80% int gear with no SP currently)

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Imagine if a Retail expansion had to compete with a new Classic raid being released.

If Shadowlands did that, it would literally be dead on arrival and sales would bomb.

And Blizzard knows it.

And just like that, all credibility was lost.

Honestly, I had a blast leveling to 60 and Classic is a great alternative, but some of the die-hard fans are so delusional it actually makes my head hurt thinking about it.

Yeh i'm sure the "rushed" content has nothing to do with this

Turns out, classic was a mistake after all

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

It’s so sad they are rushing the content like this.. We waited so long for Classic and now they’re pushing out the content too fast.. just for the sake of the new expansion..
    Confirmation bias at work.

at least now i know wow is so popular that even boomers that love conspiracy theories with no basis play it, so that's a good sign for WoW to continue getting support

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

or because they don't actually have to design stuff so they CAN put out things faster, as long as there's no bugs that "weren't intentionally to be there to reflect true state of Vanilla"

or because people have already consumed current content and want more before they take a break for a few months or quit.

No, it has to be a bigger conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Well.. I can't fill the Lookingforgroup chat by myself, So i need the rest of the playerbase to help out.
    Classic has nothing to attract new players after release and thus having no new players needing to gear. It's a fact of life that most people aren't willing to spend their time when they have nothing to gain. The amount of people that want to donate their time is the same. You've got pretty much what you're going to get. Especially with Dire Maul released. The rush is over.

You replied to a comment saying people only log on for raid. You were telling people they were playing the wrong game if they don't wish to donate their time. I was more or less telling you that this game isn't what you think it is if that's your opinion.

This sounds like a nice tin foil hat theory

from a bussiness standpoint.... rushing classic would be dumb as F

what blizz prob is gonna due... because money is money, making sure that phases/patches from shadowlands/classic will alternate

so that you as a player keep paying sub... because well there is shit to do in classic, but there is something to do in retail, and they just released info that classic is gonna get xxx in 21 days (just under a sub month) so you keep subbed for those 3 weeks, and visa versa for retail

thats how you milk a cow, thats how you squeeze every drop from your customers.

you're not gonna kill what currently is your big succes/milkcow for something that isnt even a sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Yeh i'm sure the "rushed" content has nothing to do with this

Turns out, classic was a mistake after all
    its not like people were not told about it.

they still did fine with 2 months being good and then starting to loose people en masse

this happens when you listen to streamers who found easy $$$$$ in classic

I don't believe in this conspiracy theory. I'm on a very active realm, with dozens of raid groups clearing Ony and MC every week. Come January many guilds will be ready to step into BWL day 1.

Also, world pvp is the same ugliness that people had forgotten about back in Vanilla -- griefing and unbalanced realms. Its exacerbated by bigger server populations nowadays too. Battlegrounds were hailed as a savior back in the day as it gave serious pvpers an area to focus, and that will be the case this time around as well.

As for Dire Maul... yes it has some great gear that eclipses some molten core drops. Its also at a distant location for alliance, and fills in lots of gear gaps pre-raid that existed for many classes otherwise.

I think Blizzard cares greatly about the success of Classic, and that's why they're tuning the release of content. While i was slightly hesitant at first, all the moves they've made IMHO have been for the good of the community and well thought out.

As for Shadowlands... my expectations are that the people who want to play retail will play retail, and the people who prefer classic will play classic. I'm done with retail forever and ever (amen), but i don't begrudge people who prefer the newer content.

My prediction is that despite Shadowloands having the marketing campaign and hype around it, but i'm expecting low sales volume relative to previous expansions. A disappointing WoW expansion though means 1-2m sales and hundreds of thousands of active players so if they're enjoying it good for them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not like people were not told about it.

they still did fine with 2 months being good and then starting to loose people en masse

this happens when you listen to streamers who found easy $$$$$ in classic
    Using the WoW forums as a litmus test of game health is the pathway to madness. MMO champion too is a bubble culture too, the last bastion of retail fanboys on the internet pretty much.

census mods are pretty outdated given the sharding / battlegroups / phasing of retail infrastructure nowadays, but the wow classic ones point to the majority of realms having healthy playerbases 4 months in. i anticipate a big spike with battlegrounds being launched and the christmas break too.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the problem is that there are 2 types of players in classic:

- ppl that solely play classic (because of various reasons). lets give this a number. lets say 1.
    - ppl that play retail and classic at the same time. lets give this a number. lets say 2.

and each of both of these types are structured again in 2 categories:

- ppl that invest much time. lets give this a char. lets say A.
    - ppl that invest not that much time. lets give this a char. lets say B.

this leads to the following problems:

- 1A players are quickly out of content in classic and get bored. what should blizz do to respect their 12 dollars ?
    - 2A players have problems when both games release stuff at the same time and get in descission trouble.
    - 2B players loose the track and the masses are far away too soon in classic if too rushed.

i am a type 2B player. i love classic, but i also do not stop playing retail. the fact that classic is somewhat rushed kills classic for me. because i have sparse time to invest, and while keeping up2date in retail, in classic i lost connection. thats very sad. i hoped classic could be a filler for me and good addition to retail. but in the end it just forces you to decide between the two, when you are not a student, 16 or unemployed. thats somewhat stupid. on the other side i can understand that ppl that solely pay 12 dollars a month for classic and dont play retail, not wanna be bored most of the time.

in my oppinion it was a mistake to not release a completely fixed release shedule, in the first place, that orientates on the original patch release cycles. the most important thing here would have been that ppl knew before started playing wow classic (mostly type 1A), how long they are bored and for what they pay.

but blizzard is marketing and greed driven and ofc wanna keep control to decide when to release what stuff in both games, to fit for making most profit. also they need to be able to decide that strategically at any time in the future to push quarter numbers, plan accordingly or fill up holes. a fixed time shedule for classic do not allow this and in the end costs blizz some dollars.

sad for me, because that more or less killed classic for me.
    And IMO it was silly to not just launch the game with all content unlocked from the start. Naxx on release was what I wanted. But I dont think either of us are the majority

10+ Year Old Account
    Well players are burning through the content so quickly and then complaining about lack of things to do besides raid more and PvP. BWL will be on farm by the 1st week with how geared everyone is already.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Only classic fanbois believe this bullshit about playing a "nerfed version" of the game. Absolute horse shit.
    Sorry, but first: i'm by far NOT a classic fanboi. I always said that classic was easy. I just said that it was harder, and yes it was. i played since the release, and playing it was FRICKING HARDER than 1.12. Some specs even had a complete rework for example. You said it was horseshit, but here you are talking exactly this. Just one small example: Blessing of Kings was in 1.2 a RETRIBUTION 31 TALENT. Just this alone makes you either take in a ret-paladin, OR not having blessing of Kings. And this is acually quite important.

Warlock at 1.2 was nearly unplayable, Warlock itself hat MANY balancing-changes and overworks. Balance-Druid had gain a complete new talent tree (moonkin form did not exist till the overwork); others too.

Scaling as it exist now was also not really a part of 1.2. Many gear in MC was even more crap than it is now and so on. Sorry, but saying that everything was always this easy is really horsehit. Because 1.2 was even more of an mess of many classes than 1.12 was. And it's is by definitiion far harder.