Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I see them trying to run the trilogy again, and honestly, for the majority of classic players (ultra casual) I think each iteration would be an improvement for them.

Even the hardcore would have more to do, which would be a plus, and SOME of the content would still prove somewhat challenging. However I think the rough edges, particularly in TBC, would surprise some - balancing was drastically improved, but there was still extreme cases of class stacking for certain content.
    They're going to do it because it simply costs next to no money to produce. Why not, when a small portion of your peeps line up obediently to pay for a 15 year old game + same subscription fees with nothing changed whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Classic has nothing to attract new players after release and thus having no new players needing to gear. It's a fact of life that most people aren't willing to spend their time when they have nothing to gain. The amount of people that want to donate their time is the same. You've got pretty much what you're going to get. Especially with Dire Maul released. The rush is over.

You replied to a comment saying people only log on for raid. You were telling people they were playing the wrong game if they don't wish to donate their time. I was more or less telling you that this game isn't what you think it is if that's your opinion.
    There was a lot more activity during the rush, I just want people to go back to that.

I mean we can just run the dungeons for the gold drop.. instead of being offline.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    There was a lot more activity during the rush, I just want people to go back to that.

I mean we can just run the dungeons for the gold drop.. instead of being offline.
    You can't go back to that, simple as that. Because that activity is just time wasted. I'm currently sitting with 2k gold, an epic mount and only need 1 item from an instance. I don't have any motivation to run scholo, strat, ubrs and dm anymore after running them a few times for the fun and for the gear.

And they aren't rushing anything. Many have been farming MC and Ony for over 2 months now, BWL won't be released for another 2. Honor and bg's are absolutely needed to give people a reason to login beyond raidlogging, because if they stale too much and people start to drop, there is a very big chance they are not returning.

Pretty sure Classic is being rushed so that Classic doesn't die lol

7+ Year Old Account
    *classic is being rushed*
    Meanwhile in the real world.
    *Every person has been clearing MC and onyxia in an hour to 2 every week and then logging off because there is nothing else to do.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Its being "rushed" because people are bored with nothing to do.
    any truers in chat

Not a single WoW expansion has been dead on arrival, ever. The questing is never disappointing, it's after you reach max level that you begin to realize you've been sold snake oil. Also a company with billions of networth will never release products that conflict one another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    And IMO it was silly to not just launch the game with all content unlocked from the start. Naxx on release was what I wanted. But I dont think either of us are the majority
    if the game launched with everything, that would be the furthest thing from vanilla ever.
    it would not be fun
    it would not be good for the community.
    and it would cause classic to die off in no time.
    cause quickly every single raid but nax would become not played, cause it would be a waste of time, the later patches added gearing systems that allowed you to skip the earlier raids.
    it would encourage people to waste away their lives rushing to get server first this boss, that boss, those bosses, and the black scarab
    it would be a horrible bloody mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fucking lol.

Yeah, definitely people would skip the biggest biennial event in PC gaming to play Zul'Gurub.
    The servers will be packed on release for Shadowlands, just like it has been with every single expansion.
    Yup, pretty much this^^. No way Shadowlands hits the ground DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Its being "rushed" because people are bored with nothing to do.
    This.

It's impressive how far up their own asses some people are. The reason is obvious. People consume content faster now than they did when Classic was released, and it's not like they need development time.

But no, let's spew idiotic conspiracy theories instead of the blatantly obvious reasons why content would release earlier in Classic than it did for the original release.

How delusional must you be to think a rehashed game with NOTHING NEW would beat out NEW content? If they followed the original Vanilla timeline there would be literally nothing to do for classic players as they've been rushing through content 3x as fast as it took in Vanilla, they have to rush it or they will lose the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    This post is blowing up on the Wow Classic Forums and I wanted to share with you a real concern Classic players have with Blizzard.

They might be rushing and hence ruining Classic wow because they don't want it interfering with their sales of Shadowlands.

So does that mean Classic is going to get pushed off the side of the road whenever it benefits Retail?

Wow Classic Forum post is below:

Remove the [space] in the link, as MMO champion prohibits posting urls.

https:[space]//us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/classic-is-being-rushed-so-it-doesnt-make-shadowlands-dead-on-arrival/377248
    I wouldn't really be surprised if that is true, given to the levels of scummery that ActivisionBlizzard has fallen down to. They wouldn't care about what is best for the game and how the people playing it are enjoying Classic, they would just care about profits.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    How delusional must you be to think a rehashed game with NOTHING NEW would beat out NEW content? If they followed the original Vanilla timeline there would be literally nothing to do for classic players as they've been rushing through content 3x as fast as it took in Vanilla, they have to rush it or they will lose the player base.
    classic is the easy way to fill in years that have nothing new for retail wow. so im guessing tbc in 2021 is probably not that far off. im sure we will find out next blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How about classic gets some content released a little faster like dm, honor and bg's because there's literally nothing to do but raidlog 3-4 hours a week.
    Then the issue is you, not the game. Try to conquer Gurubashi arena, Form a small group and pvp in front of stormwind/orgrimar, try some cool theorycrafting (enh shaman with sulfuras, ele with nature power stacking, farm engineering pvp device, try full fire spell damage with a lock, group of 3 rogues ambushing at same time, stealth dungeon runs...) Many things to do, find the right people too.

The majority of players who represent the core of classic this time around are those who rushed and crushed the content and now are bored (I'm guilty of being in this group too, so not judging).
    People (my guild included) are already in raid-log mode, we need them to keep up this accelerated content release plan otherwise people are going to do worse than raid-log; they'll quit.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    classic is the easy way to fill in years that have nothing new for retail wow. so im guessing tbc in 2021 is probably not that far off. im sure we will find out next blizzcon.
    if i can charge someone 15 bucks for a game i developed 15 years ago i would do it ASAP as well, especially when it's more likely they still have the codes. TBC will be coming for sure.

I stopped reading here

when Shadowlands is supposed to come out. (August-September 2020)

LMAO

With luck January 2021
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Who gives a fuck? Fuck Classic.

if it feels rushed to you, you are too slow

The toxicity in this thread makes me sick.