Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm. In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched. Should I say that making them death knights feels dissonant.
    Imo Wow never was a dark fantasy and there was always place for humor and absurd. But I can't remember WoW universe having such examples of cutiness like lately, however, I might be wrong. How do you feel about stewards and vulpera? Do they match WoW fantasy in your opionion?

It's the cute things you should fear most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    -Noticed something "cute".
    -Is wow becoming more cute?

Sigh.
    You summed up the stupidity of this topic quite excellently.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcrafts cartoony style has always leant it to cuteness. Warcraft 3 had a lot of cute things...

Wow had pigtailed gnomes, mechanostriders and dragonwhelps from day one. Warcraft IS a cute franchise and always has been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm. In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched. Should I say that making them death knights feels dissonant.
    Imo Wow never was a dark fantasy and there was always place for humor and absurd. But I can't remember WoW universe having such examples of cutiness like lately, however, I might be wrong. How do you feel about stewards and vulpera? Do they match WoW fantasy in your opionion?
    Yes, you are. Literally every stage of WoW has had cute things. Vanilla, BC, Wrath, all of them. Whether it was the original gnomes or the baby moonkins or the grummels or fluffy yaks or yak washes or Mylune's obsession with tiny animals or baby whelps with little pot-bellies or pigs or one of the other thousand instances of cute things in the game, WoW has always done this.

You see one creature from Shadowlands and your brain makes the leap to 'omg, is this game becoming more cute??' Like did you even play WoW prior to seeing them?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um i remember when my bro shows me wow alpha in 2003 and i was like "uggff wtf is that?! its cartoon" i was sure this is early version and they will tune it a little. And you know what? They didnt Warcraft was always like "cute"

WoW was shat on hard when it first released in '04 for being "too cute" by hardcore players at the time

So not more cute, just business as usual
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    wow rips off story rich games like, ragnarok, wakfu and their latest victim wildstar

- - - Updated - - -

>.> wakfu

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, see:

Isn't she just the cutest thing.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Not really. It looks like a major theme of Shadowlands is that everything in the living world is a corrupted or degraded reflection of the Shadowlands. Your perfect original for the moonkin, servants of Elune, is the hammerowl, a servant of the bluemen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Blizzard is a SoCal company. By virtue of the campus location, the studio is full of woke sjws. Not surprised.
    It's always nice to see someone warping this conversation into whining about SJWs.

That Vulpera looks like something Chuck Testa got ahold of.

Pretty sure I've read this thread before. When Blood elves came out, and then again for the female worgen, and the pandarian, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes look at Vanilla and you will find Gnomes and Murlocs. TBC you'll find Sporelings. Wrath you'll find Gorlocs, Wolvar, and Mechagnomes. There are small "cute" races in most expansions.
    WoW didn't change in this aspect, you're view of WoW did.
    i do not said they had NOTHING cute in it. so stop putting your words in my mouth plz. but look at the COUNT of it (as i said in my post). and (again) you will see the difference.

as a side note: before pissing around learn to read. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i do not said they had NOTHING cute in it. so stop putting your words in my mouth plz. but look at the COUNT of it (as i said in my post). and (again) you will see the difference.

There is no difference. You've shown nothing that proves you're right. Whatever amount of "cuteness" is in WoW there is always more dark and edgy aspect to it. You pretend that Villain, TBC and Wrath were any less silly than anything that came after.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Always has had "cute" aspects and always will. Personally, i enjoy the darker more gothic themes, and dont tend to enjoy the fuzzy stuff, but it doesnt bother me. Final Fantasy was a bit much for more, even as a FF fan i found it a bit too much, but i dont think wow has crossed that threshold just yet.

Cant win really, just look at all the comments and threads hating on "edgy" classes and content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

Yeah, you are right - just look at the "cute" new classes like DKs and Demon Hunters. In vanilla we NEVER had anything cute - no picking apples or harvesting crops for farmers, no bunnies, no murlocs - all just death and decay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Of course, see:

Isn't she just the cutest thing.
    Bang on - You can prove anything if you only look at evidence that supports your claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    WoW was shat on hard when it first released in '04 for being "too cute" by hardcore players at the time

So not more cute, just business as usual
    I think the art style certainly disappointed a lot of 'hardcore gamers' back then, however if you look a the source material, it was pretty close. I also think technological limitations at the time probably dictated the art direction quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think the art style certainly disappointed a lot of 'hardcore gamers' back then, however if you look a the source material, it was pretty close. I also think technological limitations at the time probably dictated the art direction quite a bit.
    Like logic would stop a bunch of hardcore gamers from going on a good whinge! Some things never change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... it doesn't really look out of place IMHO, but everytime i see those stuff, i kind of hope they become the Moonking form for those that join that covenant

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... it doesn't really look out of place IMHO, but everytime i see those stuff, i kind of hope they become the Moonking form for those that join that covenant
    DK 'pets', DH meta forms, lock pets, and druid forms are some of the least developed systems with so much potential. I do like that they are adding some more customization, But druids having the 'disadvantage' of not seeing the hard earned gear in combat is a bit of a turn off for me. I still play druid, just the aesthetics dont really do it for me.

I don’t see where the owl thing is any cuter than a moonkin. The Fox DK is no cuter than a gnome goblin or worgen