Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, owls have always been associated with wisdom, due to classical Greek mythology concerning Athena. The Kyrians have a very Greek/Nordic aesthetic and naming conventions. That particular aspect has nothing to do with being "cute" - other than most owls are cute.

Otherwise, no. WoW hasn't become "more" cute - there have always been animal people, pets, kids, and other "cute" models in WoW. 8.3 deals with tentacles, eyeballs, and flesh, with Vulpera being playable.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    can there really be that many Fu ... adorable animal fans out there?
    Bad parents can produce an infinite variety of weird and stupid behavior in there kids...

WoW and War3 have always been cute and cartoony, it's just too low-poly for many to realise it. And as it's mentioned numerous times in this thread, back when WoW was released, it's treated as a game for kids and a safespace for carebears because of how it looked and how it played.

No, WoW was always dark and gloom. It wasn't cute. They changed game direction to please chinese anime players.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    No, WoW was always dark and gloom. It wasn't cute. They changed game direction to please chinese anime players.
    All the way back in Vanilla, right?
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    All the way back in Vanilla, right?
    No. First fail addon was panda land. Then BfA with vulperias. And so on. Vanilla was awesome.

No. First fail addon was panda land. Then BfA with vulperias. And so on. Vanilla was awesome.
    Fuck yeah! Pink haired Gnomes with pigtails! Haaaarrrdddcoooore man!

I find FF14 to be cuter than WoW (keep in mind I've only gotten to like level 20 or something), but that's just me

Eventually everyone comes to me
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched.
    I am still amazed at how any person with a functioning brain can think this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Blizzard is a SoCal company. By virtue of the campus location, the studio is full of woke sjws. Not surprised.
    Honest question; is life hard for you? I mean just by writing that sentence, you must be in a state of perpetual, political outrage. Doesn't it get old after a while, feeling upset and triggered over every little thing you come across?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Nah it has been cute from the start, and the franchise has been cute since at least Warcraft 3.
    Warcraft 2 had some adorable critter portraits, and some of the buildings had festive decorations on the winter tile sets, such as the church had a snowman in front, and the goblin lab had Christmas lights on it.

True dark grit if I ever saw it!
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-12-02 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    the real problems with blizzard. blizzard blue had no problems. rainbow blizzard is full of leftists smucks.
    I remember a time when right wingers like you used to complain about people branding you and anyone they disagree with or dislike with derogatory words and sweeping categorizations with no nuance.

What a surprise (not) it is to find out that you're all the same. You, the people you hate, are exactly the same. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Yeah the expasion where we fight a death God who drains the souls of the innocent is defo a cute expansion.....

tfw you think an owl with it's giant ABYSS PITS for eyes are cute

I mean it's pretty undeniable that WoW has gotten way more cutesy over the years.

Why you people choose to be offended by that I don't know.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Yeah the expasion where we fight a death God who drains the souls of the innocent is defo a cute expansion.....
    You forgot the bloody puss bag god whos whole thing is giving players so horrifying diseases...

Edit: Oh and also the whole zone where people are being murdered and sacrificed to make horror constructs by witches.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-12-02 at 07:52 AM.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Yeah, nothing says subtle like naked chicks with huge tits and spider legs growing out of their backs (looking at you, Kerrigan and Andariel).
    I said nothing about fuzzy boobie pics in the old games, but I liked the gore and sadistic part of our enemy in the games (which is not present in the current games, and the point of what I was making). If I want some titties id go to a strip club, make a booty call or have fun on google. Weird how cute is titties to you...

Subtleties of gore and violence is what makes these games human and realistic. We live at a point of time were we don't see any of that, but it was prevalent in those times...hence the gore.

subtleties of gore and violence is different from me saying wow is subtle...

- - - Updated - - -

Also its quite obvious cute has a different meaning amongst our ages and preferences. Most people who listed a "cute" creatures/humaniods is just wrong in my opinion. Goofy, retarded and over animalmorpich is not "CUTE," but just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Fuck yeah! Pink haired Gnomes with pigtails! Haaaarrrdddcoooore man!
    Gnomes are not cute. They are scary AF.

How old are you?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I find FF14 to be cuter than WoW (keep in mind I've only gotten to like level 20 or something), but that's just me
    Problem of this topic, as I have already said, in understanding difference+(+) between cute and dumb, between serious and silly (this is especially noticeable in 3D realization).
    ...they were, but aren't anymore.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-12-12 at 07:28 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm.
    But why? "It feels" is no argument. What is your perception of a "Death realm"? Even in religion it often has both, a nice place where you get rewarded and one where you are tortured. Cute people have to go somewhere....

And that is before I tell you that "cute" is perception and even cute beings can be absolute bastards. Watch any children schlock Horror movie...