Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is an odd internet subculture of people, often grown adults, who have an unpleasant erotic attraction to anthropomorphised animals and who write on the internet like Japanese teenage girls with an anime obsession, but Blizzard tends to use Overwatch to cater for them. WoW got pandas and soon vulpera too, but I think only vulpera were designed specifically to appeal to the type of people I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just because something is small and furry doesn't mean it is nothing but cute. Have you played the Vulpera story? It gets pretty brutal. Nisha best girl.
    That's quite true. Also about the cuteness, I don't mind it at all. They're even polishing up the undead so they are not so gruesome. Vulpera can be vicious, just like some of the Panda's in MoP - they look cute but deadly!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I wasn't quoting anything directly, so hold your horses José. From the features trailer, to the presentation of the expansion, to the panels at BlizzCon and interviews with Blizz developers after, the place has been described as a generally scary place. Yeah it's the afterlife for all mortals which will have aspects of traditional heaven and hell environments.
    That line is FROM the Features Trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I watch a lot of anime and there's nothing that is simular to Vulperas and Pandaren.
    Anime haters are worse than racists in some ways, they literally see anime everywhere and in everything that isn't dark and edgy high fantasy visual. Nothing in WoW looks like anime whatsoever, and the same goes for most of FF14 for that matter too btw. If anything there are things close to korean style mmorpgs, but that doesn't really have anything to do with anime.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There is an odd internet subculture of people, often grown adults, who have an unpleasant erotic attraction to anthropomorphised animals and who write on the internet like Japanese teenage girls with an anime obsession, but Blizzard tends to use Overwatch to cater for them. WoW got pandas and soon vulpera too, but I think only vulpera were designed specifically to appeal to the type of people I mentioned earlier.
    And this subculture of grown adults is so small it's almost irrelevant.

What's worse is the subculture of grown adults, usually frustrated old men, who think everything has to be sexual, and that the presence of an elf, or a playable small animal has no other purpose than to be someone's f*p material. If you believe that the group of people who get physically aroused from watching animal-like characters mate is significant in any way, you are in need of a major reality check.

Just now? Allow me to introduce you to gnomes.

OH JESUS WRONG PICTURE! SOMEBODY GET THE BLEACH!!

(I don't think WoW has gotten cuter, just higher polygon. It's a lot easier to make an actual bunny-shaped bunny cute rather than a diamond-shaped one. We can have actual expressive eyes, so things in general look a lot less "dead inside.")
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-03 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I blame WB and Looney Tunes for it, they created Lola Bunny, I think she awoke something in many many people after they watched Space Jam back in 90s.

Last edited by ls-; 2019-12-03 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your examples are nothing, there's already been much more before those. And I wouldn't call 'buff' owl to be cute.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Gnomes have been in WoW since Vanilla. What a nonsensical complaint.
    Gnomes are eldritch body-horror. Nothing cute about them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm. In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched. Should I say that making them death knights feels dissonant.
    Imo Wow never was a dark fantasy and there was always place for humor and absurd. But I can't remember WoW universe having such examples of cutiness like lately, however, I might be wrong. How do you feel about stewards and vulpera? Do they match WoW fantasy in your opionion?
    There were always cute elements in WoW but especially the Pandaren, the Vulpine Familiar and the Vulpera look to me like they migrated off a generic Korean MMO.
    Stylistically they feel way off, compared to previous examples of cuteness like the Tauren, the Dryad or the Moonkin.

The "Koreanness" stems not only from the vague concept of the model in question, but more from specific elements: the palette used, the animation, the amount of unnecessary bling or generally how over-engineered the model looks.

I don't really find it fitting to the Warcraft art style, I just tolerate it I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Uhhh yeah. Sure. I mean they're literally insect legs/claws growing out of her back with no interspatial webbing whatsoever but you do you boo.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone just discovered that furries are a thing

- - - Updated - - -

Wow...there's soooo much bullshit to unpack here. In no particular order:

1) I never said tits were "cute" (I'm gay, and thus I couldn't care less about excessive adipose tissue layered over mammary glands). I said they aren't subtle in response to your complaints that Blizzard once had subtlety. Learn some reading comprehension.

2) Speaking of reading comprehension...do you actually know what "subtle" means? I'll give you a hint: gore and violence are virtually the antithesis of subtle. Still not convinced? Here's the EXAC DEFINITION direct from Mirriam Webster: "so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe; making use of clever and indirect methods to achieve something." Gore and violence are neither delicate nor indirect--they are over the top, in your face, and blunt as a dull butter knife. If you're going to make a spurious argument on an open forum, at least have the courtesy not to force others to educate you about basic definitions of common words.

3) Since you seem to be confusing opinion with definition (again!), here's the exact definition of the word Cute: "attractive in a pretty or endearing way." Now, while you may have entirely subjective views on what is and is not attractive or endearing, what you do NOT have is the unilateral authority to decide what others may find cute. And I'd argue that the existence of several distinct communities numbering in the hundreds of thousands that pays millions of dollars for anthropomorphic art, game content, etc, would indicate that an overwhelming number of people disagree with your assessment that races like Vulpera are objectively non-cute. (Personally, I find them pretty "meh", but I'm not going to knock anyone else for liking them).

4) You're complaining about a lack of gore and violence. Starcraft II units still show blood when killed. Warcraft was never particularly gory (except in a few cutscenes here and there) and has preserved a general sense of combat and violence in every game under it's banner since WC I. Diablo is the only Blizz title that was ever particularly gory, and despite a brief lapse in that aesthetic in D3, it is plainly evident that they are returning to a grim, blood-soaked gothic horror aesthetic in D4. So your complaint is predicated on a complete fallacy.

5) Your obsession with gore and violence as the pinnacle of qualitative criteria for what makes a game good is...deeply concerning. Like seriously, seek help.
    Because these *totally* look like legs.

Also, in before you think I'm agreeing with you: They look nothing like legs. She isn't even holding them like legs, so there is nothing to be confused about; they are wings, and she has literally used them as wings in SC2, and in her noncanon appearance in Heroes of the Storm's trailer.

If you really think about it, the Junker Gnomes kinda give you body horror vibes next to the Undead/Forsaken.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm. In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched. Should I say that making them death knights feels dissonant.
    Imo Wow never was a dark fantasy and there was always place for humor and absurd. But I can't remember WoW universe having such examples of cutiness like lately, however, I might be wrong. How do you feel about stewards and vulpera? Do they match WoW fantasy in your opionion?

After the implemented a race with no foundation lore, scribbled on a napkin as a joke, they opened the door to do literally anything. I'm still amazed they didn't change the icon of every skills by pictures of employees face or ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has always been "cute". I would argue that is when Warcraft as a whole started to become a bit more cartoony. Nothing wrong with that but the art style has always lent it self to being a bit cutesy.

Contrary to popular belief, wow has not always been "cute."

Warcraft has always had humorous elements and a few off-kilter comic relief/cute things that you can find *if* you go digging, but that has obviously never been mainstream or the focus...

Until panda land came around. Ever since big dumb care bears became a thing, the game has been pushing the boundaries further and further in this particular regard. I'm definitely not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    After the implemented a race with no foundation lore, scribbled on a napkin as a joke, they opened the door to do literally anything. I'm still amazed they didn't change the icon of every skills by pictures of employees face or ass.
    says the poster who wants to delete factions so we can dance around the mulberry push in peace and harmony while singing kumbaya.... I'll take more 'cute' races over World of Peacecraft any day. :P

the only thing worse than 'WoW being too cute' (*at least to those who ridiculously think thats true) is WoW being a no war zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everything fits together fine. Cute is subjective. I don't think those Owl people are cute at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They’ve always threw the furry crowd a few bones but unfortunately now it feels they’re going overboard. Vulpera being added to horde just makes me sad. I love the WoW lore. I love the original horde all the way to WoWs horde. I wasn’t too happy with Blood Elves being added but that was mostly due to how I felt blizzard let us down with their models. Pandaren I wasn’t into but they weren’t too bad. Mostly because they at least had an establishment in the storied lore and they weren’t made to be totally cutesy.

Vulpera on the other hand are the opposite. I remember someone in my guild made them sound like badass rat like humanoids so I thought they’d be alright. Instead they’re cutesy foxes. Not quite fitting for the horde. But it is what it is. I just wish Blizzard would throw the OG horde lovers a bone and give us Ogres already. Been wanting them since vanilla and they’ve fit in the lore for literally ever.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    says the poster who wants to delete factions so we can dance around the mulberry push in peace and harmony while singing kumbaya.... I'll take more 'cute' races over World of Peacecraft any day. :P

the only thing worse than 'WoW being too cute' (*at least to those who ridiculously think thats true) is WoW being a no war zone.
    Are you retarded? The whole point of removing faction is to kill everyone instead of only half the population as a "team". I never suggested the game should become a no-pvp zone, that's you making assumptions to find something to fight over because you're infuriated with my comment and can't say anything against it since it's true.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Someone is desperate to argue semantics
    It's simple biology, and you've failed spectacularly. You can't even back up your own claim. Good day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

You have some cognitive dissonance here; lemme help you out.
    Just because there aren't two factions anymore doesn't mean there won't be war. Could finally get some good Nelf vs Forsaken shit going for once.

WoW has always been a bit on the "cutesy" side but they have definitely dialed it up a lot in recent expansions.