Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Fear? Why is it any time these topics come about people always project feelings unto others , no I don't have damn fear of this furry crap if anything they annoy me.
    If i wanted to be surrounded by cute pandas, cute little fox people , or whatever this :

is , I'd go play hello kitty adventures online or my little pony .

Yes there have always been anthropomorphic characters but would you call a furbolg "cute" , what about the cobolds ? the gnolls? the satyrs , worgen or the dryads and the half stags ... They are all high fantasy but they are designed to look badass not fucking barbie doll levels of cute kiddie fantasy.

How can a grown adult ever try to suggest another one to play these new expansion if when you show them the game they will see you surrounded by that stuff , i mean come on it would be embarassing as fuck

This

Is the same as the one above but it's not from damn pixieland and looks like it would eat the one above alive , again high fantasy but not hella gay at least.

Now go and look at pandaren concept art from blizzard , they look badass not winnie-the-pooh-like as the final product that ended up in game .

I don't believe in the myth of people younger than 15 playing this mmo today or starting to play it now because of the more light-hearted themes and looks...not in the slightest , so this stuff is targeted to weird grown ups.. and it must come from other weird grown ups working at blizz now
    So, there is a dormant fear.

Do you have a fear of feeling demasculinized? Sorry, but this is a fantasy game, if you don't take from multiple shelves, it'll go faster down the drain.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

WoW always has. It's not all orcs and swords and edgy buildings and raaaaa typical MMO.

When has WoW not had a cute element? I mean sure it doesn't have cat girls everywhere but come on. Also, death isn't always dark, brooding and edgy, death is also about rebirth and heaven, neither of which are what you seem to have been expecting a realm of death to be.

Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Play a gnome...

Literally. Play a fucking gnome.

- - - Updated - - -
    @valax

Literally watch the Chronicles of Narnia. Some of these creatures look the fucking same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, there is a dormant fear.

Do you have a fear of feeling demasculinized? Sorry, but this is a fantasy game, if you don't take from multiple shelves, it'll go faster down the drain.
    Sigh .. again passive aggressive assumptions , no dummy I don't >>fear<< none of that I just dislike furry related stuff and I hate to see the devs add that to a game I've loved playing for 10+ years now . Shadowlands could have been an awesome dark themed expansion , yet even maldraxxus denizens look friendly goofy pals , after that we have the furries , then the dracula stereotype vampire guys and finally the righteous angels ofc .

Kyrians could have been interesting but i find funny how something conceptualized like this

ends up looking like this

I don't know yet what it is but they certainly look kinda off to me.

Edit : wait I think i got now what it makes them weird , they look more like humans than the actual warcraft humans just with a blue twist
    Last edited by valax; 2019-12-06 at 08:23 PM.

I'm surprised that this, thread hasn't been locked yet a war is literally going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Play a gnome...

Literally. Play a fucking gnome.

- - - Updated - - -
    @valax

Literally watch the Chronicles of Narnia. Some of these creatures look the fucking same.
    Yeah , they went for maximum cringe factor

Sigh .. again passive aggressive assumptions , no dummy I don't >>fear<< none of that I just dislike furry related stuff and I hate to see the devs add that to a game I've loved playing for 10+ years now . Shadowlands could have been an awesome dark themed expansion , yet even maldraxxus denizens look friendly goofy pals , after that we have the furries , then the dracula stereotype vampire guys and finally the righteous angels ofc .

Kyrians could have been interesting but i find funny how something conceptualized like this

ends up looking like this

I don't know yet what it is but they certainly look kinda off to me.

Edit : wait I think i got now what it makes them weird , they look more like humans than the actual warcraft humans just with a blue twist
    Well, the Kyrians WERE meant to look like the Spirit healers. Even so, you'll find that EVERY MMO CREATED would have a problem with you. Either a cute creation, or a more down low design or not all edgy or ferocious.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Yeah , they went for maximum cringe factor
    In your crazy eyes maybe. They don't look cringy...at all.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm.
    It's simply the model quality of today. If these guys had appeared in Vanilla WoW, they'd look similar to owlbeasts:

But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Wolfs basically never look "cute" the same way a fucking brony or a panda does. Animals designed to kill are not furry in most cases (though, again, since panda they've pushed this, with the introduction of "cute" female worgens), though I don't support the addition of any non-wc3 MAIN non-gag races.

The panda... still looks like some fat fuck from kung fu panda...

The fact that a person with a Brony profile picture is attempting to argue with me that cute can be deadly and intimidating still is the icing on the cake.
    Pandaren are from Warcraft 3. Chen helped found Durotar.

And I'll argue the profile picture too. This used to be in my sig before they cut the original picture for being too big:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    It's simply the model quality of today. If these guys had appeared in Vanilla WoW, they'd look similar to owlbeasts:
    Gnomes also come to mind. They were always supposed to be small and cute looking, they just upped the polygons. Most of the "cuteness" is the side effect of characters being able to have an expression besides built in stinkface.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Im just going to be another in the long line of "games had "cute" since day one" comments.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Literally going to hell next expansion and op thinks its too cute.....

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Literally going to hell next expansion and op thinks its too cute.....
    Can't wait to get my cute forsaken death knight some cute bone wings from cute Maldraxxus.

I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Gnomes also come to mind. They were always supposed to be small and cute looking, they just upped the polygons.
    Speaking of Gnomes, Chromie. One of the "sweetest" characters in WoW, part of the game since Vanilla. Another example, Mylune, was introduced in Cata already. Less about looks with these characters, but the way they act.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    I'm surprised that this, thread hasn't been locked yet a war is literally going on here.
    This is the true Faction War. Cute Vs. Grimdark WoW influences.

And just like the in-game one I'm fighting for both sides.

My fluffy alpaca-loving vulpera would be BFFs with my forsaken DK edgelord, like Pixie and Brutus.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-12-07 at 04:47 PM.

Why do people always offer the same response when someone points out a trend of something becoming more so?

"WoW is getting cuter"

"WoW has always had cuteness though..."

That's not what he's saying. OP is arguing the level of cuteness has steadily risen and I agree with that.

Just because WoW always had elements that could be considered cutesy doesn't discount his observation. Over the years those elements have grown large in number and more prominent in visibility.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    - - - snip - - -
    In fact, “new owls” just same way don't fit into "wild"/frightening original WoW style as new ghouls. Yes, they were somehow cute in weird way, especially from horde point and in especially in thier behavior, but at the same time they weren’t - they were fitting, but now they don't. These're just plush toys based on their appearance, unlike picture in your message. So, I'm looking at this picture and see relevant art, and then I look at picture (on right part) where friend criticized new one... and I completely agree with all that statements. It looks unnatural, emphasized silly. By the way, color scheme for "abomination-like" here is much sane, not so wrong one, like they made for its standard models (since original pale pink, almost yellowish was ideal solution there, but it turned into bright stupid colorful ugliness, although there are much less claims to model itself, still don’t understand why cutting knife couldn't be made more sharp bladed at the end, not hammer-like, and "sticking-out-insides" less fat, it turned out not guts, but some kind of hoses (but this, at least, I can considering kind of sane, acceptable))... so extra "high-quality" details spoiled whole art style of the game.

ps. *once again starts to wince looking at new gnome picture* just disgusting *spits, gets up and leaves*
    Last edited by Alkizon; Today at 10:04 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__