Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You do realize that a medium pop realm in classic equates to about 4x that of a full server in vanilla. So you moved for literally no reason.

Good job.

It's sad to see so many realms going from high to medium/low.
    My realm was constant que and now its never que, not even on friday evening.

15+ Year Old Account
    BLZ love to spray parfume on the pig.
    If a realm says medium (ESPECIALLY in classic) it is closer to hybernation. It will die eventually. Its the same in Retail just that they got
    transfers <->
    I would dare to say Classic wont grow, it might not lose many players either. Who knows. The odds of losing is higher than gaining though.

Once and if we reach a point of a re-release of TBC, Lich King then we are talking. Then enough of the playerbase would have played it originally to form a stable platform and adding to that those are among the top3 considered best expansions as well, bringing even more hyped players.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Do people forget you can migrate in classic? When my hord realm Dreadmist EU PvP dies...if it does, Im off to the next.
    Enjoy leveling again!

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You do realize that a medium pop realm in classic equates to about 4x that of a full server in vanilla. So you moved for literally no reason.

Good job.
    You know as of now this is complete bullshit, right? There's Medium realms that don't break 1000 concurrent online players right now. Imagine thinking a Medium pop realm has 12k players online, like you just implied.

There's some seriously delusional shit going on in people's heads.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    iirc medium pop can cover over a pretty big range between low and high. Have fun and cross your fingers you don't get queues on your new realm from this post as people may get similar ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Once and if we reach a point of a re-release of TBC, Lich King then we are talking. Then enough of the playerbase would have played it originally to form a stable platform and adding to that those are among the top3 considered best expansions as well, bringing even more hyped players.
    I doubt it, I believe it'll be a repeat of this experience, most would rather play current new content or something else entirely than replay what they've already been through. Most of the holdout on classic I'd wager are people who's either not played vanilla or regardless of when they started never saw any of the raids past the first tier, if that even. I imagine not everyone is looking to pvp and merely taking a break til the next raid tiers roll out, adopting the retail approach patch-subbing for a month or two of access sparing themselves and their accounts from burnout and wasting money.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Servers are dead AF on a worknight at 3 am. Uninstall right away i say

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    most would rather play current new content or something else entirely than replay what they've already been through.
    That is the part I dont agree with but maybe cos Im biased but I have yet to see a person write on mmo-c that they played tbc and/or lich king and say they would prefer retail.

My point, hope and logic is that more players have experienced tbc and LK and thus know it was the, as of yet, golden age of WoW for most players who tried them all.
    Either way I got full confidence is the corporate genome of making money Classic was really no expensive at all and the framewor for tbc & lk is even less work.

I hope they will get released

or BLZ can keep trying to make it into a collectors game of store and achievement mounts and pets and once per xpac a 1-2 week snooze fest of world first race.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That is the part I dont agree with but maybe cos Im biased but I have yet to see a person write on mmo-c that they played tbc and/or lich king and say they would prefer retail.

My point, hope and logic is that more players have experienced tbc and LK and thus know it was the, as of yet, golden age of WoW for most players who tried them all.
    Either way I got full confidence is the corporate genome of making money Classic was really no expensive at all and the framewor for tbc & lk is even less work.

I hope they will get released

or BLZ can keep trying to make it into a collectors game of store and achievement mounts and pets and once per xpac a 1-2 week snooze fest of world first race.
    I think you're right, it'll be easy for them to set up Tbc and Wotlk servers, while also giving rise to many of the same old complaints, I don't see why they wouldn't succeed in the same way Classic has drawing crowds of both new and old players to join timewalking servers.

I did play tbc and wotlk and have no interest in reliving them, maybe because I played them so much, even classic is too different from what retail has turned into for me to play it. The only intriguing thing to me is old naxx, as that was the only place I could only read up on and not play around in by the time I got around to exploring older content. I just don't consider the time investment to get there to play it myself worth it in Classic. Maybe things would be different if I hadn't completed loremaster precata, I suspect I'm in a small minority with that. I'd rather play present content and be ready for the next retail installments than wait around for access to stuff I already know the ins and outs of after a quick refreshing of my memory. Guess I'll just watch the boss guide/kill videos for old naxx when you guys get to it and leave it at that.

After reading the new available story, what else is there to do than farm and grind stuff solo and in groups? And how is that different from Classic? I can understand you find the worldfirst-race boring every raid tier, though to me it's intriguing and part of the rush that comes with fresh content and lore, to go battle with, try to figure out and test capabilities with.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-12-07 at 04:09 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

You do realize blizzard made a post stating they broke the addon people were using to get server populations. So yes every server is way over 1k.

Any person stating otherwise is....wrong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize blizzard made a post stating they broke the addon people were using to get server populations. So yes every server is way over 1k.

There's a population downtick that much was to be expected. But rumors of Classic's death are greatly exaggerated. Even a medium pop server is still way more populated than some of the bigger retail servers right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The addon isn't broken and I don't think Blizzard ever made a post about it either.

Don't need an addon to see this anyways:

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    The addon isn't broken and I don't think Blizzard ever made a post about it either.

Don't need an addon to see this anyways:
    7:30 in the morning eh?