WoW is still alive and "strong" because...

Because the others blizzard games are a failure.

Im not gonna lie I was a bit scared when Overwatch went popular for a lil bit, even many WoW developers went to Overwatch but the hyped died pretty quickly.

This gives blizzard no more choice than keep milking WoW.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

Im not gonna lie I was a bit scared when Overwatch went popular for a lil bit, even many WoW developers went to Overwatch but the hyped died pretty quickly.

Why would I want to play an FPS over a MMORPG, or vice versa?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account

Utter nonsense. Overwatch was a huge success for Blizz, had 40+ million people playing it at one point, and D3 crossed 30 million back in 2015. Let alone now.

On what ass-backwards planet do you live where either of those figures could be considered a failure?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

WoW is alive and strong because it scratches a very specific itch for many gamers and there's nothing else quite like it out there.

3+ Year Old Account

Spoken like a true Blizzard fanboy absolutely unable to recognize good games outside the b.net app.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are some weeeird mental gymnastics.

But there's more games in the world than just Blizzard games.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Pretty much. Lets look at the status of the current slate of games:

WoW: In content lull, but new stuff on the horizon
    D3: Maintenance mode
    HotS: Maintenance mode
    SC2: Dead
    Hearthstone: Active, but niche market
    Overwatch: Somewhat active, but unfriendly to new players. Slow death imminent

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, please be consistent in your threads about your like and/or dislike for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

This...

Im pretty sure Blizzard employees want to jump that WoW ship, they must be tired after many years.

But is their only game they can still milk some money right now

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Spoken like a true Blizzard fanboy absolutely unable to recognize good games outside the b.net app.
    How is he a Blizz fanboy? He just said all Blizzard games except WoW are a failure.

OT:
    I don't really think the other games are considered failures.OW seems to hold up pretty good. I don't think they would do a second one if it was considered a failure.

Hots i personally would consider a failure. At least from what i'm hearing. Blizz just missed an opportunity with the Dota mod in WC3 imo. And Hots seemed like a bad take on their own version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post

D3, HotS, and SC2 are still getting active updates. D3 just started a brand new season with brand new class Sets added to the game, HotS has added at least 3 heroes (including Deathwing currently on PTR) since the announcement of development being rolled back, and SC2 gets those "commander co-op" updates.

Although I do agree SC2 is more or less six feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Im talking about Blizzard development and support for their games.

Since WoW will only die when Blizzard decide to shut it down.

Seasons that you put together in 10 minutes and 2 sets that looks like gold recolours with 'use this specific ability for 150000% more damage' fit perfectly within the notion of Maintenance mode.
    A season lasts 2-3 months? You couldn't even keep a single dev working full time to implement everything before the next season.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Seasons that you put together in 10 minutes and 2 sets that looks like gold recolours with 'use this specific ability for 150000% more damage' fit perfectly within the notion of Maintenance mode.
    A season lasts 2-3 months? You couldn't even keep a single dev working full time to implement everything before the next season.
    Yes, I love D3 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread doesn't seem very conducive to constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead