Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    they've made them astral arcane casters rather than the nature oriented casters they should be and the spec really only makes sense for night elves at this point.

druids aren't mages
    Well, astrology is natural and "Astral" damage is half Nature (other half arcane so you don't get locked out of your ENTIRE spellbook when interrupted on a nature spell). Also you're a MOONkin last I checked. What's near the MOON? Stars. Also the sun...which is a star.

So let's look at your spells... Oh look at that, LUNAR Strike. MOONfire. SUNfire. STARsurge. STARfall... :thinking:

You do see where I'm going with this, right? What part of this screams "arcane mage" to you, and not "nature weaver"?

Also if you were to use other forces of nature (haha, that's literally the name of a spell/talent you have too), you might be bumping into Shaman, which rather than use the aspect of "nature", they use the more destructive forms of nature: the elements. The lava from volcanoes, the tidal waves from the ocean, the lighting from thunderstorms. You must get my point by now.

ANYWAYS, OT: I would love the Bastion Owls to be a Glyph for Moonkin. If they wanted, they could make it a covenant reward recipe or something?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2019-12-03 at 05:10 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I know blizz well enough they will probably make it possible through some way to make players unlock this form

Well yeah, who wants to play as a fat space chicken? The owl sleeker owl is much cooler looking.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But you can thank Caydiem in 2005 for that, I think as one of the first female blizz employees at the time when the CMs and devs worked hand in hand, she I suspect picked the moonkin.
    I think you're forgetting that they added the form in 2005. The client didn't have anywhere near the capabilities it has now. I wouldn't be surprised if Astral Form wouldn't even have been possible back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If they wanted, they could make it a covenant reward recipe or something?
    Could see that happening. Would certainly be fitting. They're underused anyway.

Yes, fully aware it's personal preference etc, but silver and purple colouring of this to me would have been far more appealing for the druid moonkin form. This actually looks like an owl man, looks intelligent too.
    Enjoy.

The current moonkin looks more like a chicken/turkey - with its eyes infront instead of to the side and its very chicken/turkey like face. Not an Owl man/bear at all.
    I agree but I love it.
    the other looks dumb and aggressive like a savage beast.
    Which fits perfectly for night elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Moonkin are Elune's chosen guardians on Azeroth. But they've gone a bit mad over the centuries, informed to the player during the Winterspring quest in Vanilla/Classic. I think the lore could indeed swing toward these owl creatures in Bastion being the original Moonkin which were just warped over time in the physical plane. Could be a really awesome glyph form, for sure. I'm pretty tired of the giant-size owlbeast and the blue sparkle forms.

I am okay if it will be optional, i like owlbeast form

I'm genuinely surprised there's not more customization options for Druids and all of their forms - they put in an entire system to change the appearance of your armor but we're tied to very specific limited palettes for some forms and literally no option or customization for other forms. Moonkin for example - at least give a dozen color options or have two things you can change the color of. I get wanting races to have their own special forms so I wouldn't expect a Night Elf being able to pick the same cat form as a Kul Tiran or Zandalari, but ANYTHING would be better than what it is now considering transmogging is nearly worthless for any druid besides a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Off topic, I'm sure you are the only person on this forum who uses their real pic as their profile. Or am I wrong?
    I've seen one or two other people.

Sorry, I've just never got the choice to use a Moonkin form for a balance druid, an Owlbeast is not your caster type, and you don't need a form to do so. Cat and bear form made sense, Moonkoin never did, which is why I was glad for Astral form, but if i were going to have a creature, it'd be intelligent looking and majestic.
    @matrix123mko - nice job buddy, can you do a version swapping the green for silver and maybe the owl ears/horns as silver too, play around with silver claws.

Savage isn't really the place for an intellect caster. A warrior/meleer yes - but then I never viewed night elves as the savage elves, there was an element of that to the Darnassian group that their 10,000 would have cultivated, but I always had the serene /benevolent image at the foremost, with the savage only received for druids in feral forms, or sentinels in the heat of battle

5+ Year Old Account
    I wish the moonkin form looked like uncorrupted Arakkoa. The bear-owl with antlers just doesn't do it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each is own, personally I like the current Moonkin and wouldn't be very interested in playing a swolkin who missed leg day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wish the KT Moonkin form was different.

It's already weird enough that a fat-- uh I mean heavy man or woman transforms into a bone and twig creature for most of its forms.

But then one of its forms is as heavy as their humanoid form.
    You mean two forms? You forgot the bear.

I'm sure the catform is pretty heavy too, though.

Oh, and that big seal thing? CANNOT be considered "light weight".

The flight form could actually weigh less than a "standard" humanoid, though.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Im ready for them to give me the option to just get rid of it all together. It seems like every patch there are a bunch of stuff they just constantly boots me out of Moonkin form.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moonkin form is alright but I wish there was a way to just play in your original form without any stupid glow on you. There are so many awesome druid sets but I hardly ever see them because everyone is either in their animal forms or in astral form. Might as well be naked.

We're way too far into WoW for this to happen but I'd like druids better if majority of the gameplay was in your original form and have the animal forms be some sort of cooldown ability that would last for like 30 secs or something. I get the different animals forms are a crucial part of the druid class but to play as them all the time just gets tiring to the eyes. After a while you start wanting to see something different and cooler looking.

They could've at least had some new Artifact forms for balance. To my knowledge, there aren't any new forms for balance only bear and cat form.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-12-05 at 02:45 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    The moonkin form is alright but I wish there was a way to just play in your original form without any stupid glow on you. There are so many awesome druid sets but I hardly ever see them because everyone is either in their animal forms or in astral form. Might as well be naked.
    Yes please, as someone who loves transmog, this is one of the main reasons why i have never been that interested in Druids, though i do like Zandalari Druid Moonkin form

What on earth are those legs...

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    the other looks dumb and aggressive like a savage beast.
    Uhm, that's what moonkins are supposed to be, though. Savage beasts, with powers bestowed upon them by Elune.

Moonkin form is the only reason I pay $15/mo to play WoW. Do not take away my glorious, amazing, indisputably beautiful Owlbeasts away from me!

It needs a glyph of the sun for tauren, highmountain tauren and zandalari Druids.

Other than a total thematic redesign to a more savage nature caster, we're stuck with this version.
    RETH