Poll: Voters Right Act - Should Felons be allowed to vote?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Voters Right Act - Should Felons be allowed to vote?

I had this conversation with a friend of mine the other day, and yes I recognize the Justice System is biased as fuck and even has sentenced people to death row for crimes that didn't fit their participation and as such I DO NOT support the Death Penalty in it's present form Unless or Until those problems can be remedied if ever.

However I am NOT of the mind not guilty means innocent, and the idea that prisons are filled with non violent offenders who sold a little weed is horseshit, along with that NO, I do NOT believe convicted felons should be given the right to fucking vote.

Going even further, I believe thug culture is garbage, selling drugs along the lines of trafficking poison for profit is bullshit, and I think Bill Clinton was correct when he identified such people as super predators who infect communities and spread misery.

There is no doubt being poor as fuck is a shitty deal, and I am not trying to come of as judgmental or better, but the law is there for a fucking reason, even WHEN I disagree with it.

To get convicted of a FELONY isn't an EASY thing to do, I agree many bullshit laws should never rise to the level to become a FELONY, but that is a different argument.

My only concern for voter rights are those of legal citizens who, whether poor, indigent or impaired are allowed to vote and have their vote counted.

The idea of allowing felons to vote is Bullshit IMO, so I put the question to you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yes. Voting is an American right.

Aside from terrible felonies like murder and sexual violence, ALL felons should be allowed to vote once they leave jail. They have paid their debts.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad take OP

Yes mostly all felons except for particularly violent/degenerate offenses (murder, rape, pedophilia etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding reasons to disenfranchise people is almost never an ethical tactic.

In Canada, you never lose the right to vote due to incarceration. We've got special processes to ensure prisoner's rights are protected; https://www.elections.ca/content.asp...ec90545&lang=e

That felons in the USA are denied their voting rights even after serving their sentence in some states is egregious and should be treated as an abuse of civil rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once parole ends, you should be free to vote again. Im pretty sure thats how we do it in TX.

No. Nothing good will come from it.

Depends what crime.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The purpose of prison is to rehabilitate. Doing your civic duty is part of rehabilitation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    No. Nothing good will come from it.
    Once they've done their time, they should be allowed to.

I dont think we want to set up polling places in prisons, but if were a nation of laws, then they must be allowed to vote once their debt is paid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

I had this conversation with a friend of mine the other day, and yes I recognize the Justice System is biased as fuck and even has sentenced people to death row for crimes that didn't fit their participation and as such I DO NOT support the Death Penalty in it's present form Unless or Until those problems can be remedied if ever.

However I am NOT of the mind not guilty means innocent, and the idea that prisons are filled with non violent offenders who sold a little weed is horseshit, along with that NO, I do NOT believe convicted felons should be given the right to fucking vote.

Going even further, I believe thug culture is garbage, selling drugs along the lines of trafficking poison for profit is bullshit, and I think Bill Clinton was correct when he identified such people as super predators who infect communities and spread misery.

There is no doubt being poor as fuck is a shitty deal, and I am not trying to come of as judgmental or better, but the law is there for a fucking reason, even WHEN I disagree with it.

To get convicted of a FELONY isn't an EASY thing to do, I agree many bullshit laws should never rise to the level to become a FELONY, but that is a different argument.

My only concern for voter rights are those of legal citizens who, whether poor, indigent or impaired are allowed to vote and have their vote counted.

The idea of allowing felons to vote is Bullshit IMO, so I put the question to you.
    It's one more form of voter suppression, which you can see by your map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It's one more form of voter suppression, which you can see by your map.
    You might want to look at the map again. . . . /facepalm

Yes, anyone who says otherwise is opposing freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Once they've done their time, they should be allowed to.

I dont think we want to set up polling places in prisons, but if were a nation of laws, then they must be allowed to vote once their debt is paid.
    Their debt is never paid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. If they've served their time then they've paid their debt to society and should have all rights restored. The way I see it is it was the original cancel culture. You screw up you're f'd and a outcast, 3rd class citizen living in a van down by the river for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their debt is never paid.
    Depends, someone who stole three cars at the age of 17 has committed a felony and will be released within 10 years. Debt Paid, kids do stupid shit.

Someone who rapes and murders a family, wont be getting out of prison for 100+ years, so I don't think we need to worry about those people voting. These people wont live long enough to pay their debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Depends, someone who stole three cars at the age of 17 has committed a felony and will be released within 10 years. Debt Paid, kids do stupid shit.

Someone who rapes and murders a family, wont be getting out of prison for 100+ years, I don't think we need to worry about those people voting.
    Think again. People with horrendous crimes get out all the time and usually repeat them. Chesters especially. I seen a guy walk after 4 years with 115 counts of molestation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think again. People with horrendous crimes get out all the time and usually repeat them. Chesters especially. I seen a guy walk after 4 years with 115 counts of molestation.
    Sounds like a court problem.

Not a constitutional rights problem.

Im not saying Im happy about some sick pedo getting to vote, but outliers cannot be how we define the average.

If their voting rights are restricted, they should be given tax exemption. Taxation without representation, sounds quite un-American.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-12-06 at 06:11 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    After they've served their time? Absolutely. While incarcerated? It depends. Not all crimes are severe enough that one's right to vote should be forfeit. At the same time, it should be the individual's responsibility to ensure their vote is cast. If they're unable to get to a voting center due to their being incarcerated, that's their fault/problem. There should be no special treatment/exceptions when it comes to voting.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-12-06 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felons who served their time should get the right to vote back, they still have to pay taxes afterall.

Prisoners should not BUT they should also not be counted as residents of the prison and should instead be counted as if they were still living at their original location. Prison shouldn't be an excuse for politicians to use prison populations as a gerrymandering aide.