Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well one thing is certain, we're not getting a new class or race, previous years' expansion feature staples, which means everything is riding on the unknown; Covenants, so excuse some people for being doubtful because last time an expansion depended solely on a new feature (Garrisons), it tanked, hard.
    I'm fine with that. There's already a huge balancing issue with all the classes we currently have, and we literally got like 10 new races in BFA...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    I'm fine with that. There's already a huge balancing issue with all the classes we currently have, and we literally got like 10 new races in BFA...
    There always has been balancing issues with classes, and there always will be. Last time classes were even good was Mists of Pandaria. It didn't stop them from adding Demon Hunters. This whole "class re-design" mission statement they've made to justify no new class is just adding back abilities after pruning all classes. Class balancing from Blizzard is like Cory Matthews' haircut cycle of shame. After a haircut, his hair looks terrible for six weeks, then it looks terrific for one day; however the day after, he needs to get another haircut. It's the same with classes. Classes are almost never balanced. Then they're good for like one expansion. And Blizzard fucks it all up the following expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I'm certain there will be some form of Allied Races added during the xpac.
    Certain as in there's been a legitimate leak somewhere or gut feeling? Because they've come out and said Allied Races was a BfA feature. I mean, I know they've gone back on their word before, but there's nothing official on that front.

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Synros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    2,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There always has been balancing issues with classes, and there always will be. Last time classes were even good was Mists of Pandaria. It didn't stop them from adding Demon Hunters. This whole "class re-design" mission statement they've made to justify no new class is just adding back abilities after pruning all classes. Class balancing from Blizzard is like Cory Matthews' haircut cycle of shame. After a haircut, his hair looks terrible for six weeks, then it looks terrific for one day; however the day after, he needs to get another haircut. It's the same with classes. Classes are almost never balanced. Then they're good for like one expansion. And Blizzard fucks it all up the following expansion.
    If you don't like it, then don't play it. It's that simple, dude... You're basing your opinion completely off something you know extremely little about, and you're just coming off as hating it for the sake of hating it.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

  4. #44
    Cataclysm revamp was done bad because:
    1. there is no way to get back to original version
    2. lots of items were lost in process
    3. there was nothing interesting there after leveling.

  5. #45
    I'm kinda disappointed about the Shadowlands setting. I don't think "going to the afterlife and beating up death" is an interesting premise for a fantasy game like WoW especially if the afterlife boils down to "a new continent" like OP said.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Well, that's one of the main points why I think they should experiment more, now that the same game is re-released, it would be a good time to really take a leap with retail. There's a lot of exotic things they could do without completely re-inventing the wheel. For example making a summoner class that has the box selecting mechanic of RTS games to control your summons instead of having them all being automatic AI. There's plenty that could be done without making WoW feel like a different game, but at the same time making it feel different could be what the game needs as well, who knows.
    I've no idea how your RTS mechanic would even work with a PC-centered camera nor how it would change the game in any significant way. If you want to play a Warcraft RTS, there's a great remastered one incoming in a matter of months. I see no reason to implement another genre's mechanics so halfheartedly just like I would, say, see no reason to turn Hunters into an FPS class.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    If you don't like it, then don't play it. It's that simple, dude... You're basing your opinion completely off something you know extremely little about, and you're just coming off as hating it for the sake of hating it.
    It's a discussion board, not an echo room. It's perfectly fine to discuss these things based on past gaming experience and speculation without relegating the thread to "hating it for the sake of hating it." That's the very purpose of these threads.

  8. #48
    Its a good thing no one cares that you are not "impressed". Blizzard cares even less, random shmucko.

  9. #49
    ya dude 0 hype for shadowlands. Looks pretty bad BUT I will say the cosmetic armors from different covenants look awesome but it probably doesn't matter much because everyone will get them eventually and wont be cool. Just like what happened with the class hall order armor from legion. It was cool first 2 weeks to wear a full set then everyone eventually got it too and you felt like a pleb. Outside of that whats the point of that cool armor if the gameplay is still trash. BFA gameplay is trash and I've tested 8.3 PTR that content looks whack AF. 9.0 might have hope if they fix the classes to have fun gameplay but looks like they are just giving a few abilities back to every class they pruned over the years. Which if they give enough main abilities it could be fine but if its just filler utility abilities imma rage.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    ya dude 0 hype for shadowlands. Looks pretty bad BUT I will say the cosmetic armors from different covenants look awesome but it probably doesn't matter much because everyone will get them eventually and wont be cool. Just like what happened with the class hall order armor from legion. It was cool first 2 weeks to wear a full set then everyone eventually got it too and you felt like a pleb. Outside of that whats the point of that cool armor if the gameplay is still trash. BFA gameplay is trash and I've tested 8.3 PTR that content looks whack AF. 9.0 might have hope if they fix the classes to have fun gameplay but looks like they are just giving a few abilities back to every class they pruned over the years. Which if they give enough main abilities it could be fine but if its just filler utility abilities imma rage.
    It must really suck to go through life allowing other people to devalue your own property just by acquiring the same things you have.

    "Hey, neighbor! Nice car you have there. It would be a shame if I bought one just like it, and ruined it for you."

  11. #51
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,373
    You seem to forget one thing, the most important of all.

    WoW was created to last a bit, they did never even remotely expect it to be so popular, let alone it lasting 15 years.

    So now you have a game which people loved, which has been evolving a lot and more people jumped in.

    You can not just change it too much more than they already do, because most of us joined 15 years ago and the game is already quite different. I laugh at people asking for WoW2... we are in WoW3 at least already dudes.

    So an expansion can not have such an effect as to change the world permanently because a lot of people would simply not like that.


    In short: you can not please everyone ,specially over different generations.

  12. #52
    Field Marshal Rivex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Disagree about everything. WoW is the best game out there, not just because of your character, rather you like or not the expansions or systems ingame. This game have a soul in it, always wil, doesn't matter how boring the gameplay is, how story is going, it's legacy and how it's done, it's unique, and many games tries to copy this game. And none has such a powerful lore. Not even Skyrim comes close to wow.

    Blizzard accomplished something unique. Because cosmetics and brand new century stuff are on other games, doesn't mean that wow needs to be the same.

    Only think that they should do more of "go back in time" kind of thing. Around azeroth, not just when a zone was destroyed like undercity and silithus, so on.

    I think if we defeat something, it should still be there, but in a "past" way. Masters of time, could take us back or let us enjoy the world without it.
    Now, dungeons and raids, they still need to exist, so no point in wanting this.

    Also how boring would be if everything was taken away? New players may want to experience it.

    I don't want wow to come to "Modern MMO".

    I just want systems to be different.
    WoW was the best game maybe about 10 years ago IMO, as it is your opinion to state it still is today however; from a mechanical stand point its still living in the past and their engine is even further. WoW keeps using the same formula to design their expansions you can see this clear as day from the last 4 expansions.

    WoW has played a massive part of peoples lives but say its the 'best' game is being ignorant of the industry it sits in.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    WoW was the best game maybe about 10 years ago IMO, as it is your opinion to state it still is today however; from a mechanical stand point its still living in the past and their engine is even further. WoW keeps using the same formula to design their expansions you can see this clear as day from the last 4 expansions.

    WoW has played a massive part of peoples lives but say its the 'best' game is being ignorant of the industry it sits in.
    Change doesn't make something good. Look at Chess. Look at Checkers. Look at Blackjack. Look at Cribbage. Look at Gin.

    You say WoW is formulaic, but that's what a lot of people want. When you get bored with something, that's a "you" problem.

  14. #54
    Field Marshal Rivex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Change doesn't make something good. Look at Chess. Look at Checkers. Look at Blackjack. Look at Cribbage. Look at Gin.

    You say WoW is formulaic, but that's what a lot of people want. When you get bored with something, that's a "you" problem.

    ....dunno where you got I was bored from? but you do you boo

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    It must really suck to go through life allowing other people to devalue your own property just by acquiring the same things you have.

    "Hey, neighbor! Nice car you have there. It would be a shame if I bought one just like it, and ruined it for you."
    Clearly you never got far in PvE content in TBC. There is a certain level of prestige that comes with showing off armor. When everyone can get the coolest looking armor in shadowlands preview so far with most likely easy casual stuff then it makes the other stuff meh. Just like no one goes back to Uldir for xmog runs because its trash looking. The covenant armor sets are probably going to be the best looking sets in the game at launch but everyone will probably be able to get it by week 8 of launch most likely at the latest.
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2019-12-03 at 09:16 AM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Clearly you never got far in PvE content in TBC. There is a certain level of prestige that comes with showing off armor. When everyone can get the coolest looking armor in shadowlands preview so far with most likely easy casual stuff then it makes the other stuff meh. Just like no one goes back to Uldir for xmog runs because its trash looking. The covenant armor sets are probably going to be the best looking sets in the game at launch but everyone will probably be able to get it by week 8 of launch most likely at the latest.
    TBC? Pffft! My guild had server-first C'thun. I had full Tier 2. Almost had full Tier 3 before TBC. You know what that meant? It meant jack shit.

    You have this fantasy that other players drool over your gear. They don't. They won't. Blizzard has already exhausted all the best looks. My current transmog uses stuff from Cataclysm. Everything in WoD looked like garbage. Same goes for Legion. I don't like the art style of BfA either.

    WoW is not the game where you get to feel superior to other players. Level boosts and catch-up mechanics ended that long ago. WoW is the game where you go off on your own adventures without worrying about what other players are doing. WoW is "you do you" MMO-style.

    Games like EverQuest just don't have the same mass-appeal as a casual game. Nobody wants to be the lowly peasant to your glorious hero.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    WoW was the best game maybe about 10 years ago IMO, as it is your opinion to state it still is today however; from a mechanical stand point its still living in the past and their engine is even further. WoW keeps using the same formula to design their expansions you can see this clear as day from the last 4 expansions.

    WoW has played a massive part of peoples lives but say its the 'best' game is being ignorant of the industry it sits in.
    Disagree again, industry we live in, wanted to come back to classic, after so much "modernization" they wanted to go back to it's original state, 15 years ago.

    It's the best game ever, and it will always be for me and many, don't try to rip out stuff that doesn't belong to you.

  18. #58
    Field Marshal Rivex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    don't try to rip out stuff that doesn't belong to you.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There always has been balancing issues with classes, and there always will be. Last time classes were even good was Mists of Pandaria. It didn't stop them from adding Demon Hunters. This whole "class re-design" mission statement they've made to justify no new class is just adding back abilities after pruning all classes. Class balancing from Blizzard is like Cory Matthews' haircut cycle of shame. After a haircut, his hair looks terrible for six weeks, then it looks terrific for one day; however the day after, he needs to get another haircut. It's the same with classes. Classes are almost never balanced. Then they're good for like one expansion. And Blizzard fucks it all up the following expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Certain as in there's been a legitimate leak somewhere or gut feeling? Because they've come out and said Allied Races was a BfA feature. I mean, I know they've gone back on their word before, but there's nothing official on that front.
    Unprunning will never be class balance. If anything i think all of us know, there's always a spec on a class that will be unbalanced. No matter what is the class, and how the classes feel good in certain specs. Even when we had talent trees, certain combinations worked better than others. Balancing classes representation is:

    They will always be like this:


    Instead of this:

  20. #60
    No to everything in this thread. If you don't like WoW, don't play it.

    They should absolutely not turn it into something else because you want some hodge podge combination of features from 10 different games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •