Thread: 8.3 Music

8.3 Music

Art and Music carries this game, and will remain long after the game is gone. Check out these bad boys. Amazing work. How the hell is Ny'alotha just a patch?!

Man, i loved the soundtracks. I thought it was great. But look you have a year of this patch, basically. So plenty time to feel like it's an expansion.

I'm only halfway through the Visions tracks, but holy shit, these are amazing and a lot of unexpected parts. The thrum of notes in the Visions part reminded me of subterfuge movies when they've got the intense infiltration track playing, and the mix of guitar/Mechagon music was a pleasant surprise too. I'm sure I'll either comment again or edit this post later once I've heard more, but love it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    I'm only halfway through the Visions tracks, but holy shit, these are amazing and a lot of unexpected parts. The thrum of notes in the Visions part reminded me of subterfuge movies when they've got the intense infiltration track playing, and the mix of guitar/Mechagon music was a pleasant surprise too. I'm sure I'll either comment again or edit this post later once I've heard more, but love it so far.
    Yeah it fits perfectly with the whole madness theme of N'zoth. They've nailed the themes for 8.3. It's pretty twisted too, sounds like it would fit in a horror movie or game. Reminds me a bit of Diablo 1/2 and the D4 trailer soundtrack
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-12-04 at 05:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Music is awesome as usual, I really liked the Bolvar one.

I fast tracked through a lot of the N'zoth music, I mean, it's good, but sounds like just more menacing Old God music.

That Bolvar Icecrown music though? Breathtaking, absolutely mournful and beautiful. It's no secret the music for Blizzard continues to be be a standard bearer for not just the game but the entire business, it's Blizzzard's one constant. The art team is always great too but we've had some questionable tier designs or other gaudy things, but the music is always top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I fast tracked through a lot of the N'zoth music, I mean, it's good, but sounds like just more menacing Old God music.

That Bolvar Icecrown music though? Breathtaking, absolutely mournful and beautiful. It's no secret the music for Blizzard continues to be be a standard bearer for not just the game but the entire business, it's Blizzzard's one constant. The art team is always great too but we've had some questionable tier designs or other gaudy things, but the music is always top notch.
    There's a track that starts at 30:20 in the patch music video, it is incredible, starts off reminding me of walking into Hellfire Peninsula in TBC, then moves into a more Uldum theme.

The Bolvar theme is amazing too

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah it fits perfectly with the whole madness theme of N'zoth. They've nailed the themes for 8.3. It's pretty twisted too, sounds like it would fit in a horror movie or game. Reminds me a bit of Diablo 1/2 and the D4 trailer soundtrack
    Funnily enough I thought the same; I remember reading/hearing somewhere (can't recall if it was said on the D4 panel itself or in a later interview regarding D4) that the D4 devs played and studied Path of Exile, and I can't help but hear it some in the N'Zoth stuff. I wonder if some influence leaked over at all or if it's from something else entirely; I hear some D2 as well in there. Mixed with how Ny'alotha looks, this'll be amazingly atmospheric; haven't seen much of the Visions, but hopefully it's enough to blend well with the music.