Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Is Duping still a thing or fixed?
    Pretty sure it was fixed, haven't seen anything on it for years now. But then again, I'm not keeping up with such things as much as I used to...

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Is Duping still a thing or fixed?
    Think it was fixed but idk hard to tell until we have another thing like the smourne style quest rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ever since late Wrath of the Lich King people have been speculating about dupes when they see more of an item than usual in the auction house, and now a full decade later after these "dupes" have doubtlessly been fixed, still nobody has ever offered any actual proof of one. Whether it's mounts, or it's crafting mats (which has been speculated about every expansion since Wrath.) - Zero proof, just speculation. Clearly then these dupes were the best kept secret in the world and world governments envy these dupers for their secrecy.
    I was duplicating orbs and mounts for about 4ish months during early-to-mid MoP, then I sold most of that gold.

It was certainly real, I didn't find out about it from this website though.
    Last edited by OriginalName; 2020-01-01 at 08:57 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    I was duplicating orbs and mounts for about 4ish months during early-to-mid MoP, then I sold most of that gold.

It was certainly real, I didn't find out about it from this website though.
    Back in my teens I had the ability to levitate, I was doing it all the time, super easy. Went away as I got older though. People can claim whatever they want, but it doesn't mean much if they can't prove it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Why on earth do you have 10 accounts?!

Back in my teens I had the ability to levitate, I was doing it all the time, super easy. Went away as I got older though. People can claim whatever they want, but it doesn't mean much if they can't prove it.
    And people can be delusional and ignorant on the forums, even when obvious evidence is put infront of them

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    Dont bother trying to speak with RokPanda, its a dead end trying to explain duping is possible and has been done to him.

If it werent thanks to the internet I bet you he would claim that female breasts was also a myth, lol!
    Still waiting for evidence of duping. Not one of the countless people that are supposedly in on this dupe have explained how it worked even after it's been fixed for years now? Yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    And people can be delusional and ignorant on the forums, even when obvious evidence is put infront of them
    Where's the evidence? Oh it doesn't exist. You've got people claiming that a dupe existed or that they've done it, but there's ZERO EVIDENCE. I am completely and totally open to accepting that duping happened IF someone can prove that it did. As of yet that hasn't happened. At this point we're in ghost and psychic medium territory "Ya my Aunt Betty could read palms and was haunted and she duped mounts in WoW." What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

This should be the easiest thing in the universe for you two since you think you have evidence of duping. Prove to me that it happened and I'll believe you. Easy.

Still waiting for evidence of duping. Not one of the countless people that are supposedly in on this dupe have explained how it worked even after it's been fixed for years now? Yeah right.

Where's the evidence? Oh it doesn't exist. You've got people claiming that a dupe existed or that they've done it, but there's ZERO EVIDENCE. I am completely and totally open to accepting that duping happened IF someone can prove that it did. As of yet that hasn't happened. At this point we're in ghost and psychic medium territory "Ya my Aunt Betty could read palms and was haunted and she duped mounts in WoW." What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

This should be the easiest thing in the universe for you two since you think you have evidence of duping. Prove to me that it happened and I'll believe you. Easy.
    There's a plenthora of evidence on sites like OC and how it was done and i personally knew two of the methods from the Elite section involving dungeon phasing and double redeeming. That you're too stubborn to look up information on exploits from 7 years ago and how they tanked prices on TCG items down to 5 digit numbers is your fault, stay ignorant and cry about evidence when you're too dumb to even connect the dots.

The onyx panther required 18*4k gold in just vendor materials (i.e you can't farm the mats), I was selling onyx panthers themselves at as low as 10k gold at one point.

I don't care if you don't believe me, but there's a ton of resources out there you can read to learn that, duplicating items was actually quite commonplace during mop, i'm sorry that I didn't record my criminal acts for your education though.

Where's the evidence? Oh it doesn't exist. You've got people claiming that a dupe existed or that they've done it, but there's ZERO EVIDENCE. I am completely and totally open to accepting that duping happened IF someone can prove that it did. As of yet that hasn't happened.
    If you played back in Cata one look into the auction house was proof of duping. You could only buy epic gems after beating bosses. AH had an endless supply of red epic gems but very few orange. Not only were there not enough raiders on the realm to justify the sheer amount of red gems, also red and orange should have been about the same amount because you got about the same amount of currency from bosses.

Living embers etc were also duped to high heaven, meaning there were much more than raiders existed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a plenthora of evidence on sites like OC and how it was done and i personally knew two of the methods from the Elite section involving dungeon phasing and double redeeming. That you're too stubborn to look up information on exploits from 7 years ago and how they tanked prices on TCG items down to 5 digit numbers is your fault, stay ignorant and cry about evidence when you're too dumb to even connect the dots.
    The onyx panther required 18*4k gold in just vendor materials (i.e you can't farm the mats), I was selling onyx panthers themselves at as low as 10k gold at one point.

I don't care if you don't believe me, but there's a ton of resources out there you can read to learn that, duplicating items was actually quite commonplace during mop, i'm sorry that I didn't record my criminal acts for your education though.
    A widely held belief =/= proof.

So you don't have any proof then? There are plenty of threads discussing whether duping was going on but no actual concrete evidence that any duping actually occurred other than tricking a GM into a one-off duplicate that couldn't be done in large amounts like people are claiming happened. Like I said, I'm open to changing my view with evidence, you're interested in keeping your belief of duping with no evidence. Should you find evidence you're more than welcome to show me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you played back in Cata one look into the auction house was proof of duping. You could only buy epic gems after beating bosses. AH had an endless supply of red epic gems but very few orange. Not only were there not enough raiders on the realm to justify the sheer amount of red gems, also red and orange should have been about the same amount because you got about the same amount of currency from bosses.

Living embers etc were also duped to high heaven, meaning there were much more than raiders existed.
    That's not proof of duping. That's a weird market trend. It happened in WLK, Cata, and MoP, that would require Blizzard to have not fixed that particular dupe for more than half a decade. Huge incompetence if that happened.

Like I said gents, if you have any proof that duping actually happened I'm totally open to re-evaluating my position on the subject. Personal beliefs and speculation aren't evidence. I'm quite open minded on this one, but not without evidence. If duping happened there is zero reason why a decade later after it's been fixed for nearly as long nobody has any evidence to show that it happened.

A widely held belief =/= proof.

So you don't have any proof then? There are plenty of threads discussing whether duping was going on but no actual concrete evidence that any duping actually occurred other than tricking a GM into a one-off duplicate that couldn't be done in large amounts like people are claiming happened. Like I said, I'm open to changing my view with evidence, you're interested in keeping your belief of duping with no evidence. Should you find evidence you're more than welcome to show me.

That's not proof of duping. That's a weird market trend. It happened in WLK, Cata, and MoP, that would require Blizzard to have not fixed that particular dupe for more than half a decade. Huge incompetence if that happened.

Like I said gents, if you have any proof that duping actually happened I'm totally open to re-evaluating my position on the subject. Personal beliefs and speculation aren't evidence. I'm quite open minded on this one, but not without evidence. If duping happened there is zero reason why a decade later after it's been fixed for nearly as long nobody has any evidence to show that it happened.
    I played through the duping (I didn't do any). It was obvious though. Items that cost a fortune (like 500-700k) dropped to 40k rapidly.

Also- check how many TCG cards were actually made vs. how many of the item exists in game. There is your proof right there. They were duplicating them somehow or the card numbers would match the item numbers. There would actually be less items in games than cards that existed because some cards wouldn't get redeemed (accidently destroyed, lost or damaged).

Numbers don't lie......

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I played through the duping (I didn't do any). It was obvious though. Items that cost a fortune (like 500-700k) dropped to 40k rapidly.

Also- check how many TCG cards were actually made vs. how many of the item exists in game. There is your proof right there. They were duplicating them somehow or the card numbers would match the item numbers. There would actually be less items in games than cards that existed because some cards wouldn't get redeemed (accidently destroyed, lost or damaged).

Numbers don't lie......
    Again, weird market trends =/= proof of duping.

If you have some numbers you could always link them.

Lol at all the people that are denying duping existed. There have been multiple ways to duplicate items throughout WoW's history.

The Jeweled Onyx Panther duping incident saw many of the mounts disappear from inventories of people who bought them, myself included.
    Last edited by Dald; 2020-01-02 at 03:37 AM.

Look up what evidence actually is. Eyewitness accounts are evidence. If everyone else's story matches and contradicts yours, yours is probably wrong. Especially since you have just as much chance of knowing as everyone else.

Saying there's zero evidence is only evidence you have no idea what evidence actually is.

It's kinda funny, but also kind of sad, that I've been playing so long that I remember The Great Duping.. And that there are now players that, for some reason, doubt it's existence in history. Like Blizzard is infallible towards something like that.

Every expansion has some kind of 'dupe' in it. Lately it's been repeatable, exploitable AP missions.

The Spectral Tiger mount was absolutely 100% duped. The Shadowmourne items were 100% duped as well. Maybe OP's wasn't, but the event happened, just like the old 'gnomes falling from the sky spelling words' events happened.

Again, weird market trends =/= proof of duping.

If you have some numbers you could always link them.
    you should probably look up what the word proof means as you clearly have no idea as to its definition

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What makes it the last tiger? It's also rare, not epic?
    It's "his" last one. The rare one doesn't have armor.

When you refuse to accept the never-since-seen market trends surrounding the dupes as proof in and of itself then it's going to be hard to prove it by your standards. What do you expect? A video in chinese that's irrefutably made on live servers 8 years ago? My guess is that you would dismiss it as private server shenanigans regardless. Who would come forward when there's nothing to gain?
    Would *you* share your recipe for cheap and easy homemade gold?

The market trends we saw IS the proof. Like market prices dropping 10% by the hour on rare and valuable items (you could watch them undercut each other live in trade chat), level 1 sellers with multiple of them available, trading from different account than they advertise from (I bought quite a few pets myself for a fraction of the value before the market was flooded). Some of them even told me they were able to buy large quantities cheap from a guy, a guy which I eventually got put in contact with myself. That specific dupe was "sadly" only possible with TCG pets. Discussions on every relevant forum, blue posts, people claimed being banned, warnings etc. People having items removed from their inventories.
    This thing was real and it was on fire.

And then suddenly: poof, all gone.

I actually even saw a video of a dupe back then, after it was fixed obviously. Why would I then save it, and why would you think it's not long since been deleted, irrelevant as it quickly became, when even both the original wow forum and "mmowned.com", as it was named back then, got a reboot?

Tl;dr: There was loads of proof back then, no-one saw any use of keeping it, and it's mostly gone today except for our memories. No dupe existed for long, there were different methods.

Dismissing the market trends as proof because "Weird shit happens" is even more arrogant than basically demanding working reproducible duping methods as the only proof good enough for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    It's kinda funny, but also kind of sad, that I've been playing so long that I remember The Great Duping.. And that there are now players that, for some reason, doubt it's existence in history. Like Blizzard is infallible towards something like that.
    So much this.
    Last edited by Tronski; 2020-01-02 at 06:42 AM.

I bought one of those, even checked with the guy, why so low, the orbs alone cost more than your selling the mount for.. I didn’t complain, wasn’t a stolen account ether.