Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Since this has been fixed since 4.3.2.
    Here's why you saw so many people in and out of halls of lightning.

Toon B - Helper Toon A needs to have three lesser heavenly shards on him and his inventory needs to have at least 1 regular heavenly shard, which ill explain later.
    Step 1 - Park toon a and b in front of an instance and open trade
    Step 2 - Toon a puts an item in the box and clicks accept
    Step 3 - Toon b hits accept and runs into the instance at the same time
    Step 4 - Toon a is now bugged, but in order to start the process to dupe you must /logout
    Step 5 - Because Toon a is now bugged he wont log out for 15 minutes, he however will not be able to cast or interact with the game in any other way either.
    Step 6 - Toon a now disconnects himself, and starts a timer for 60 seconds
    Step 7 - At 60 seconds Toon A logs his account back into the game and is now able to cast spells and interact with items. Theory behind this is hes logging back in at the exact moment the game is logging his toon out of the game post disconnect
    Step 8 - Now when Toon A combines those 3 lesser heavenly shards to form a regular heavenly shard it wont consume the 3 lesser mats at all, but still stacks the shard onto the one you already have in your inventory.
    Step 9 - However when the 15 minutes is up those fake shards will disappear unless you delete one of them off the stack. Thus when the 15 minutes is up and you finally actually log out you have now duped heavenly shards, or any other item that requires mats to create, like say for example a vial of the sands

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    I'm actually gonna turn the burden of proof over to you. You need to tell us *exactly how* people got hold of such large quantitites of these mounts and pets. How exactly did these insane quantities of rare and valuable items suddenly pop up from nowhere and flood the market?

And no. No human going through the trouble of even getting them would ever stockpile them for the sole sake of selling them cheap all at once. That's especially true for the Crimson Deahcharger.
    Burden of proof doesn't work that way. I'm not the one making any claims. The burden of proof is on people that claim that a repeatable controllable dupe happened for mounts and such. I never made the claim that anyone stockpiled anything, I just pointed out a similarity in timing.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Burden of proof doesn't work that way. I'm not the one making any claims. The burden of proof is on people that claim that a repeatable controllable dupe happened for mounts and such. I never made the claim that anyone stockpiled anything, I just pointed out a similarity in timing.
    Oh, but you are claiming that there for some unknown reason were more of these rare items than ever before or since, and that everyone in the world decided to sell their legitimate rare, limited and valuable items, all at once and at a reduced price.

I want to know why there were so unusually many rare items abailable and why everyone had to unload them within such a short timeframe.

Your claim is that it weren't dupes, now back it up with facts, numbers and blue posts.

Also, you completely ignored the post above yours which gave you the recipe of a legitimate dupe.
    Last edited by Tronski; 2020-01-07 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Oh, but you are claiming that there for some unknown reason were more of these rare items than ever before or since, and that everyone in the world decided to sell their legitimate rare, limited and valuable items, all at once and at a reduced price.

I want to know why there were so unusually many rare items abailable and why everyone had to unload them within such a short timeframe.

Your claim is that it weren't dupes, now back it up with facts, numbers and blue posts.
    There's really 1 simple way to prove dupes existed and no fathomable reason to think otherwise.

the epic JC panther mounts were selling for 25k on my realm for like 2 months straight, the mats were 64k in orbs from a vendor with max discounts i believe, might be 72k.

without dupes it's impossible to make a single gold selling those, you cannot make a profit from selling something at 25k that costs a minimum of 64k from a vendor+living steel and many rare gems UNLESS you duplicated items then they cost 0gold then 25k is a profit!

notice how those epic panthers are 100k+ now no-one can seem to knock them out for 25k anymore, strange that huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    There's really 1 simple way to prove dupes existed and no fathomable reason to think otherwise.

the epic JC panther mounts were selling for 25k on my realm for like 2 months straight, the mats were 64k in orbs from a vendor with max discounts i believe, might be 72k.

without dupes it's impossible to make a single gold selling those, you cannot make a profit from selling something at 25k that costs a minimum of 64k from a vendor+living steel and many rare gems UNLESS you duplicated items then they cost 0gold then 25k is a profit!

notice how those epic panthers are 100k+ now no-one can seem to knock them out for 25k anymore, strange that huh.
    Oh, I know this, but circumstantial evidence is not proof according to RoK.

According to RoK there are simple explanations:

1: People are dumb.
    2: Weird shit happens.
    3: People hoard valuables and unload them at the same time.
    4: People unload their sellables at the end of expansions (despite these dupes and market crashes happened mid-expansions).
    5: ????
    6: People don't like profit.

And yes, I also miss the dumb people willing to sell crafted mounts for 1/4 of the material vendor cost.
    Last edited by Tronski; 2020-01-07 at 05:54 AM.