How Warfronts should have been... Retail + Classic+

This is an idea I'm sure many of have had in the past. This would replace the Warfront system to be in the actual world but, also be reflective of PvE content out there as well. This is the Classic example of Duskwood being broken into subsections for each faction(Alliance, Horde, Defias, Undead, etc) to conquer. This would present different variety of quests based upon the circumstance of subsection and also provide invasion points from other zones to impact it.

The content would be playable at all levels and in several instances create "World Events" where the power in a particular region is tipping beyond the breaking point would could lead to subsequent invasions in nearby zones. Ultimately this content would be reset every few weeks to a month to provide a restart to whatever chaos is occurring. Players can actively choose to play in any zone with the only limitations being friendly factions. Such as your parent faction and other such factions as the Cenarion Circle, Argent, Goblins, etc.

In case of Duskwood we could have a...
    1. Hakkari troll invasion
    2. Horde invasion
    3. Demon invasion
    4. Naga invasion
    5. Kurzen invasion
    6. Blackrock Orc/Dark Iron dwarves/Dragon invasion
    7. Cataclysm elemental invasion/Cult of Twilight

Within the zone we could have...
    1. Mindless undead rampaging the countryside and possibly killing everyone in Darkshire
    2. Ogres conquering their neighbors
    3. Defias rebellion takes over Duskwood
    4. Nightmare bleeds into Duskwood
    5. The Necromancer (Morbent Fel or Abercombie) plans to use the dead to rule over Duskwood
    6. The Worgen pandemic reaches to incredible levels as Darkshire is turned completely into Worgen

I apologize for the MS Paint picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't going to be a Classic+, and no amount of terrible ideas and MS paint 'enhanced' screenshots is going to change that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There isn't going to be a Classic+, and no amount of terrible ideas and MS paint 'enhanced' screenshots is going to change that.
    You're obsessed with me it seems. Go back to your circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    You're obsessed with me it seems. Go back to your circlejerk.
    im pretty sure asking for classic + IS the circlejerk....

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    im pretty sure asking for classic + IS the circlejerk....
    Maybe they're both circlejerks at this point. Who cares at this point. Static linear systems are only fun for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Roelath View Post
    Static linear systems are only fun for so long.
    Hey it lasted WoW 15 years and Everquest 20 years.

Isn't that essentially what we had with Legion invasions and Alliance/Horde invasions, only with different NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Hey it lasted WoW 15 years and Everquest 20 years.
    For the current content it's static and linear which is why new content is released leaving the old to be abandoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    /rub chin

The idea has merit, and I must admit I had almost entirely forgot about the Kurzen traitors. Heh.
    Why did you choose to put the Defias further away from Westfall than their ogre NPC counterparts, though?

Edit: oh right, those original subzones do be like that.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically just timed event world quests... Just Invasions with a longer duration and a different name.

I'm gonna disagree... What Warfronts should have been is what Savage and Natural Selection are.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.